Cycles

Kisses
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Hello readers!  I want to start off by saying THANK YOU.

Kisses started off as a single one shot and later on I decided to throw all my Wheesa one shots here and make it a collection.  After all these months, it has grown and over 500 of you have subscribed and supported this project.  I assure that there is no end in sight for it as I will continue to write all the Wheesa one shots that I can think of.

This chapter might not be the best, but it was quick and fun to write.  It's the first of my two thank yous for all the subs and support.  Enjoy!

 

 

The day their bundle of joy was born was perhaps the happiest day of their lives; perhaps even more than their actual wedding day. She was the cutest little baby and they named her Wheein.

 

The thing about children is that they grow up fast, and before Byulyi and Yongsun knew it, Wheein was ready for her first day of Kindergarten. They dressed her up in the cutest outfit for her first day of school. The school did not require a uniform for children in her class so Wheein wore something casual. Brown t-shirt, blue jeans cuffed over a pair of black Converse, a Kumamon backpack and red, blue, and yellow baseball cap with a fan on top that could spin.

 

The smile on Wheein's face as she waved at her parents that day was the same smile she greeted them with when they picked her up from school that afternoon. The excitement of the first day had knocked out the little girl when she got home. Her parents watched her sleep and even took selfies with the cute child.

 

It was in first grade when Wheein would face her first big problem in school with another student. She was smaller than everyone else and unlike everyone else, she had two moms for parents instead of the typical mother and father combo. The girl was bigger than Wheein, in height and size, and she laughed at Wheein. Told her she was weird for having two moms.

 

Wheein couldn't help but cry. Even worse, the girl pulled Wheein's hair and shoved her to the ground. The kids that gathered around Wheein didn't even bother to help her – all they did was laugh at her. A pair of hands had reached for Wheein's shoulders and helped her stood up. The girl offered her a warm smile before turning to the bully and glaring at her.

 

It was so quick, but Wheein would never forget the moment her hero had stood up for her and punched the bully right on . Wheein swore she saw the bully's two front teeth fly out of . Her teacher had jumped in moments later to separate the girls. Wheein never got the name of her hero. All she remembered was the short black hair that spread out around her hero's head. It was like a lion's mane.

 

Lion. That's what Wheein had told her parents who her savior was. Deciding it was best to get their daughter away from the school and the bully, Byulyi and Yongsun made Wheein change schools.

 

Wheein always thought about Lion and wondered where she was and how she was doing. In her new school Wheein made a lot of friends and luckily she did not encounter any bullies.

 

Since her first day of kindergarten, Wheein had gotten used to taking a nap once she got home. Nowadays, she would always cuddle with her stuffed lion and her parents would watch her sleep peacefully like always – everyday taking a selfie with their precious child.

 

When Wheein became a teenager, Yongsun started to become a little more worried about her baby girl. She was growing into a beautiful young lady and she was developing too. With all the hormones teenagers had to deal with, Yongsun feared the worst. Her baby girl would start looking at other kids differently. Boys, girls, both? Yongsun wanted her baby to stay innocent.

 

Byulyi assured her that she had nothing to worry about. Wheein was a good kid, there was no way she would rebel on them. They were great parents.

 

Wheein's middle school was close to their home, so instead of her parents picking her up, Wheein would walk the three blocks to her house. She would always come home at exactly 3:30pm by herself only carrying her backpack, but one day, everything changed. That was the day Yongsun became hysterical about new house rules and Byulyi slept on the couch for going against her wife's wishes.

 

Wheein came home that day at 3:45pm, 15 minutes late, all because she brought a friend along with her. Wheein had unlocked the door to her home and walked in holding the hand of another girl. Her parents had stared at the two as they stood before the dining table still holding hands.

 

“Mom, Ma, this is my hero, Lion.” Wheein had said with a big grin on her face.

 

“Lion?” Byulyi and Yongsun said at the same time.

 

“Yes, my hero from first grade.” Wheein had chuckled and turned to face the girl who was smiling adoringly at her. “Hyejinie, my girlfriend.”

 

“GIRLFRIEND?!” Both parents shouted and Yongsun hit the kitchen floor.

 

After that day, the rules of Wheein bringing a friend over had changed. She couldn't take Hyejin up to her room and they couldn't have sleep overs either.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter