Piña Colada

Kisses
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Author's Note:  I wanted to post this on Valentine's Day but my computer crashed and I had to re-write a part of the chapter.  I got the idea from a contest that my favorite radio station does every year for Valentine's Day.  This is meant to be very silly and cute haha.  Enjoy!

 

 

“You two are disgusting. Get away from me.” Hyejin stuck her tongue out in disgust of her friends kissing in front of her. Moon Byulyi and Kim Yongsun had been her best friends since college and the two had been a couple for six years now. They usually kept their more intimate PDA for private moments but there were times when they would kiss in public.

 

Such mushy acts seemed to happen when Hyejin was around and she was always disgusted. Byulyi and Yongsun were a cute couple and Hyejin was happy for them, but part of her was a bit envious of how much the couple loved each other. Finding your soulmate was hard, but the two had been lucky to find each other.

 

If only Hyejin could find her other half, then she could be the one kissing her girl and grossing out her best friends.

 

The pair pulled away from each other and giggled. “Seriously Hyejin-ah, you're still disgusted? If you weren't such a player, maybe you could be making out with your honey right now too.” Byulyi always had a way to sound annoying and get on Hyejin's last nerve.

 

“I'm not a player!” She shouted in defense, causing the people around the cafe to turn and look at her. Byulyi and Yongsun covered their mouths with their hands to deafen their chuckles.

 

“What are you then Hyejinie? I mean, we barely meet any girls you date and those we do are gone faster than it takes for you to finish that latte.” Yongsun stated and grinned at the younger woman.

 

Hyejin stared the older woman down and crossed her arms over her chest. “They're just not what I'm looking for. Always so needy or they're gold diggers.”

 

“Well, money does make people instantly like you and you have a lot of it.” Byulyi pointed at Hyejin's designer glasses sitting next to her cup of mocha latte.

 

Hyejin's eyes shifted to the green tinted glasses and then back to her best friends. “How about you two find me someone?”

 

“Really?” Byulyi was surprised. Yongsun smirked. “Oh, I love a challenge.”

 

“I would like someone by Valentine's Day so that gives you almost a week.” Hyejin smirked. It was a challenge she didn't expect either Byulyi or Yongsun to succeed in, but it would be funny to see them try.

 

 

 

 

The next morning, Byulyi was awakened by the smell of coffee wafting over into her bedroom from the kitchen. Yongsun wasn't next to her which meant the older woman was the one making coffee for the two of them. She stretched and got up to make her way to the kitchen where Yongsun was cooking breakfast and dancing along to the song playing on the radio that was sitting in one corner of the kitchen.

 

“Good morning.” Byulyi greeted Yongsun and placed a sweet kiss on her wife's cheek.

 

“Good morning.” Yongsun greeted back with a smile and continued to gently stir the eggs in the skillet.

 

“So...” Byulyi started, taking a seat on one of the stool chairs next to the bar counter of the kitchen. “Did you think of anyone we can send Hyejin on a blind date with?”

 

“I thought hard about it, but honestly, I can't think of anyone really. I mean, I don't even know if half of our female contacts even swing that way. What about you?” Yongsun said turning to face Byulyi. The blonde was about to answer when the song on the radio stopped and the radio show host started speaking.

 

“Good morning, it's 7:45am on this beautiful Friday morning. Before the break we were talking about our Mile of Love, the Valentine's Day event we do every year where we line up 20 people who are looking for love on that special day. The deadline for sign ups is until 10am at the end of the show today. We want to have all 20 contestants picked out, confirmed and ready to go next Wednesday. Remember we're accepting both men and women to be part of this yearly celebration. All we ask is that our listeners who are single to go out there on Valentine's Day to check out our contestants and call in to set up the dates! Please sign up if you're interested in participating by going to our world famous Links and Guests page on the Kiss Radio website!”

 

The couple had been listening intently to what the radio show host had explained and they looked at each other when she finished speaking and went to play another song. The smirks on their faces were mischievous and their minds were set on the same idea.

 

 

 

 

“Okay, do you think this is how Hyejin would fill out the form? It's not too off is it?” Yongsun asked her wife as both of them read over the application for the Mile of Love contest.

 

“Yeah, a bit sassy, a bit crude. Sounds like Hyejin alright. Now let's just add some nice pictures of our adorable, feisty, and soft lion.” Byulyi burst into a fit of giggles alongside Yongsun and the two picked out the best pictures they had of Hyejin – even taking some from the woman's personal Instagram page.

 

They submitted the application and hoped for the best for their best friend.

 

 

 

 

Five hours later, Byulyi and Yongsun were organizing their merchandise on the racks of their clothing boutique when the blonde's phone started ringing. Yongsun quickly made her way to Byulyi when her wife motioned for her to get closer. The number didn't list a name but they had a feeling it was from the radio station.

 

“Hello?” Byulyi answered.

 

“Hello! This is Minyoung with Kiss Radio. May I speak with Ahn Hyejin please?”

 

Yongsun gasped and was about to scream but Byulyi motioned for her to be quiet. “Yes, this is Ahn Hyejin speaking.” Byulyi answered.

 

“Great! I hope you're doing well Miss Ahn. We're calling because my colleague and I have reviewed your application and we absolutely loved all of your detailed answers. We believe we can help find the right date for you come Wednesday morning. Would you like to be one of our contestants in the Mile of Love?”

 

“Wow...” Byulyi was indeed shocked and Yongsun egged her on to hurry up and answer. “Yes, I would love to participate.”

 

“Wonderful! We will go ahead and confirm your participation. We don't need anything else from you at the moment. On Wednesday, February 14th we will need you to arrive at the radio station by 6am to get you and the other contestants ready for the event. We will provide you with more details upon arrival. If for any reason you cannot make it on Wednesday, please make sure to contact us the day before. Thank you Miss Ahn for participating, we will see you on Wednesday. Have a wonderful day!”

 

The call ended and all Byulyi and Yongsun could do was stare at each other in shock. They had totally set up Hyejin for something the woman would probably not even want to participate in and she had no idea.

 

“So...” Yongsun finally said, “when do we tell Hyejin about this?”

 

 

 

 

Hyejin didn't find out about her sudden participation in a Valentine's Day contest until the night before the event. Needless to say, she was livid. “What do you mean you signed me up for a contest?! And it's tomorrow morning?! ARE YOU TWO ING CRAZY?! WHAT. THE. !”

 

“Sorry?” Yongsun cringed.

 

Byulyi rolled her eyes. “You said you wanted us to find you someone. Here's your chance. Don't chicken out. Girl the hell up!”

 

“I'm going to ing murder you first!” Hyejin yelled out and launched herself at Byulyi who barely had a chance to react. Yongsun jumped back but didn't try to save her wife. Hyejin was too damn scary at the moment.

 

Byulyi survived. Hyejin agreed to do the contest.

 

 

 

 

The next morning, after arriving at the radio station looking like the BOSS™ she was and out doing everyone in the LOOKS department, Hyejin found herself outside on the curve of one of the main roads that ran down the Hongdae district of Seoul. She was wearing a white t-shirt that was given to her by the employees at the radio station that had 'Kiss Radio' on the left side of it and a big number '17' on the middle of the shirt and on the back.

 

Everyone, including Hyejin were holding up signs, jumping around and cheering every time a car passed by and honked at them. They need to stand out and hopefully grab the attention of a potential date. This was surely one of the craziest things she had ever done, but she had to admit it was kind of fun because everyone else was so into it too. She wouldn't let her unnies know the truth though. If she didn't get a girlfriend in the end from this, Byulyi would die first and if Yongsun was lucky, she might get spared.

 

 

 

 

Byulyi and Yongsun had been listening to morning radio show since it started at 6am. Although the contestants wouldn't be out there until 7am, they didn't want to miss any part of the show or any of the calls of the women who wanted to be Hyejin's date for that night.

 

The contest was divided into two parts. In the morning, people would call in hopes of getting picked to be the date of the contestant they chose. That night, all the contestants and their date would meet at a local club and meet each other. The radio show hosts would then hold fun events for the couples to do and have fun. Hopefully from all the events, all the couples would have success and end up together or setting up future dates.

 

Not long after 7am, the calls started coming in about the contestants. The hosts asked the callers various questions and if they felt the caller was the right one for the contestant, they would take that contestant out of the line.

 

“Kiss Radio, who are we speaking wit

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter