There Is Something About Jung Wheein

Kisses
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

There is a bigger (and more important note) at the bottom.  This is my first venture into first person pov.  Let me know how I did.  Enjoy!

 

 

 There is something about Jung Wheein. Everyone likes her. I would dare say some are even thirsty for her. Perhaps it's how cute she is. Perhaps it's her very vibrant and energetic personality. Honestly, every time she walks into a room she lights it up. Her energy seems endless most of the time and Yongsun unnie and Byulyi unnie can't seem to stop laughing at her antics.

 

I can't either but at the same time, I can't help but to stare at her. At times her eyes will connect with mine and without saying anything, that sly glance will tell me so much. I might glare at Byulyi unnie sometimes and give blank stares to Yongsun unnie, but when it comes to Wheein, I can't help but to look at her so adoringly.

 

She makes me smile with just her presence. Her round face, her perfectly shaped eye brows, her bright brown eyes, her cute nose, those pink pouting lips, her perfect white teeth, her beautiful smile, and that dimple – God, that dimple has been my obsession since our first year of middle school.

 

I remember the day I first saw her, she walked into the class with a big smile on her face and that dimple out on full display. I couldn't take my eyes off of it. It bore itself into my soul and from that moment on I wanted to know everything about that dimple and the owner of it. Perhaps it was my cold face or my aloof attitude, but Wheein took a seat next to me and smiled wide at me.

 

“Let's be friends.” She said.

 

Had she not heard about me? I was known as a rebel. I soon found out she didn't care. I seemed interesting was what she told me. She wanted to know everything about me just like I wanted to know everything about her.

 

Sometimes, when I sit in the dressing room just watching her get her make up done, I try to think – to pin point – the moment I fell so helplessly in love with her. Sometimes I think it was in high school, other times I think I might have fallen in love with her the moment she walked into the class that first day of middle school.

 

The day I confessed my true feelings was the same day we were sitting at the edge of the Han river watching over the big city of Seoul. We had come from Jeonju together, hand in hand, hoping to achieve our dreams. That day we had grabbed something to eat and drank a bottle of soju together. I was certainly feeling braver than normal, but at the same time I was contemplating too much.

 

I asked her that question. What would she do if something ever happened to me? Her answer – her answer wrecked me. It hit me so hard all I could was hug her and hold her close.

 

“How could I ever live without you.”

 

My God. Wheein and I resonated so well because I could never live with out her either. Just the thought – I hate even thinking like that. So we sat there, holding onto each other, tears rolling down our faces and then giggling them off. We pulled apart briefly, and I stared into those bright brown orbs glistening with tears.

 

“I love you, Jung Wheein.”

 

The smile on her face was so big, so bright. “I love you too, Hyejinie.”

 

Those words made my heart beat faster. I could feel the blood rushing to my cheeks. I could tell she was surprised. Her eyes widened just a bit – just enough for me to know. We had said those words to each other before, but it was always on a much lighter note. Confirmation that we cared for each other greatly – as friends.

 

But for me, at that moment, it was more than just the love of a friend. It was the love that I felt for her as a woman – as the person I wanted to spend my life with. It was a romantic love. A love that encased all aspects – from friendship to lust. I needed to know if her love was the same.

 

“I mean that as more than a friend. I'm in love with you...”

 

All of the blood in her body went up to her cheeks as soon as I said that. They were so red – her whole face was red. It struck me at that moment. That eerie feeling that crawls up your spine with a chill. That feeling in your gut that makes you feel sick. That painful knot that forms in your throat and makes you feel like you can't breathe.

 

It was fear. It wasn't there before. I was so confident and now I wasn't. It was knowing that there was a possibility that despite her loving me, her love for me wasn't the same. I could only wait for her response. I held my breath.

 

“Hyejin...”

 

Her voice was so quiet – almost a whisper but not quite. It trembled as well. I couldn't tell what the feeling behind it was. Perhaps the fear was clouding my judgment. I had – I've known her for so long, I should have been able to tell but I couldn't at that moment.

 

Looking at our dynamic and our interactions you would have thought, “Hyejin definitely made the first move.”

 

I did with my confession, but the first kiss, that was all Wheein. She moved in so fast that I barely even registered her soft lips against mine. By the time I realized she was kissing me and that I could kiss her back, her arms were wrapped around my neck, she was sitting on my lap, and my arms were around her waist – holding her very possessively I might add.

 

“I was afraid you would never feel this way. Oh, Hyejin-ah...”

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter