Chapter 38

Forbidden Spell Called Love Spell
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

AREUM'S POV

"PABOYA?! Look at what you have done to my phone! I just bought it!" She started yelling at me.

 

Why it always have to be like this?

 

"Wahh!! There she is! It's Park Jiyeon!!"

 

I heard one of her fangirls from the store.

 

"Let's run!" I said and immediately drag her with me.

 

I know this means death for Lee Areum but I have no choice.

 

Anyway she will still kill me for breaking her brand new phone.

 

I keep running fast dragging her with me till we finally found a spot to hide.

 

I was panting really hard.

 

I never run like this before.

 

Why this girl is so famous?

 

She's not a celebrity or something.

 

She's just my scary roommate who loves to glare and yell at me.

 

"Yah Lee Areum! You skip class and broke my phone and then, you have all the guts to drag me and make me run like crazy!! DO YOU WANT TO DIE?"

 

See?

 

She's yelling at me again.

 

I pout.

 

Sometime doing this could spare my life.

 

"Tsk. You'll pay for my phone" She said and starts to walk away.

 

My eyes widen.

 

Mwo?

 

"Pay for your phone? I'm a student. How am I gonna pay for that?" I said while catching up with her.

 

"Not my problem kid. I'm a student too. We're just the same" She said.

 

That's true.

 

My parents died two years ago then, I found Jiyeon.

 

She's very cold and I never saw her smile.

 

She's not friendly either. I think I'm the only one who can talk to her like this.

 

We go to the same school. In fact she's my classmate too.

 

Jiyeon is somehow mysterious.

 

I don't know if she still have family or something.

 

She never tell me those coz every time I would ask her she will only give a death glare which is really scary but now I'm getting used to it.

 

Even though Jiyeon is like that I'm comfortable being with her than anyone else.

 

"Wait...the fact that we are both students and what we earn is only enough for living how come you're able to buy that phone?" I ask.

 

She didn't respond.

 

"Hmmm...You stole it?" I ask.

 

I was just asking but she hit my head.

 

"I'm not stealing anything. PABO!" She said and rolled her eyes on me.

 

"I was just asking...you don't have to hit me!" I irritably said.

 

I was supposed to stop talking but then I'm curious of how she get the phone.

 

"Then, how did you bought that phone? Did you win a lottery?" I curiously ask.

 

"You just can't stop talking, do you?" She said and rolled her eyes on me again.

 

"I'm curious and when I'm curious I can't stop myself from asking questions" I said and she just sigh.

 

"Someone offered me to be his dance partner in one event because his partner can't come....there I got the money but then it only got wasted. Thanks to you!" She said eyeing at me.

 

"Sorry but if you want me to pay it right now, I can't. You have to wait for years till we graduate and till I found a stable job" I said

 

"Tss" She said and walk to our apartment.

 

I didn't know we're here now.

 

"Jiyeon...where are your family?" I ask when we get inside the house.

 

As usual she just give me a death glare

 

"Yah. We've been friends for a year and yet you haven't mentioned anything about your family" I said pretending to sulk and hoping that it would make her confess but then she just ignore me and go to the bathroom.

 

Tsk.

 

"Yah! I'm sulking with you!" I said and go to our room.

 

We share the same room but separate beds.

 

I throw my bag on my bed and I remember the book.

 

The book that caught my attention yet it's terrible that it have to hang me on the best parts.

 

Hmm.

 

The Princess in this story was Jiyeon.

 

Is that a coincidence that the Princess' name is the same as my friend's?

 

Tsk. What am I thinking?

 

Of course it's coincidence. That was a fairytale and wizards don't exist.

 

But I wonder who wrote this book.

 

The cover only have a title in it....

 

Forbidden Spell Called Love Spell

 

Few minutes later Jiyeon came into the room.

 

I want to tell her about the book but then, I remember that I just declare that I'm sulking with her.

 

"I'm going outside to eat. Come with me if you want" She said and go outside of the room again.

 

Ahrrgg...

 

I have no choice but to join her because I used all my money at school and I only plan to sulk not to stave myself.

 

I change my clothes first before I go outside the room.

 

Did she left me already?

 

I look around and search for her.

 

"Yah! What else are you doing in there?!"

 

I heard her voice outside.

 

Tsk.

 

Does she always have to yell at me?

 

But in fairness, she waited for me.

 

I immediately go outside and meet her before she yell at me.

 

We go to the usual place where we always eat.

 

I ordered lots of food coz I know I'm not the one paying **evil smile** and she's not complaining too.

 

Still I'm not talking to her and enjoy eating my food.

 

When I'm almost done eating I notice that she was just staring at me and that I'm the only one who's eating.

 

I wasn't supposed to talk to her but then curiosity strikes again.

 

"Wae?" I ask.

 

"I can't remember anything on the day before I met you" She said.

 

"Mwo? Are you serious?" I ask in surprise but looking at her face I know she's not joking.

 

"The only thing that I remember is my name and then I'm with you" She said.

 

That day that we're together on the streets.

 

That day when we first met.

 

"Did you try searching for your family?" I ask.

 

"I did try but no avail" She said and sigh.

 

How am I going to help her?

 

My parents left nothing to me.

 

Not even a house to stay.

 

Then suddenly the book crosses my mind.

 

"Hey, I found an interesting book in the book store a while ago" I said and she frowns at me.

 

"I'm not interested in books" She said.

 

"I know. But the Wizard Princess' name in that book is Park Jiyeon too. Same as yours" I said

 

"And you're trying to tell me that I came from a book and that I'm a Wizard?...Areumie that was just a story" She said.

 

"Right. I just feel disappointed that I wanted to help but I can't so I'm saying strange thing" I said and look down.

 

"It's ok. I only need you as someone I could trust. I have this feeling in me that I can't trust everyone around me" She said and that made me look at her.

 

Did she just said she trust me?

 

She trusts me...

 

OH YES! PARK JIYEON TRUST ME!!

 

Because of too much happiness I stand up and hug her tight.

 

"Thank you for trusting me Jiyeon. I promise I will never leave you alone" I said while still hugging her.

 

"If you value your life, let go" She said in her very cold tone of voice.

 

I immediately let go but still I'm happy to know that I'm the only person she trust.

 

After eating we go back home.

 

I skip class a while ago so our professor would probably scold me for that.

 

Jiyeon was there lying on her bed with her eyes close but I know that she's not yet sleeping.

 

It's still too early for her sleep time.

 

I really got bored reading stuffs so I set aside my book and stretch my arms.

 

I was really not in the mood to study tonight.

 

Then, that book caught my attention again.

 

I get it and started to scan the page.

 

I didn't know there were pictures in here.

 

Sketches of the character

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter