Processing

We're All Mad Here

A/N To my two subscribers, you the real MVP! I feel like you might be the only ones reading this but I greatly appreciate it. If you have anything you want to know or any questions for me I'm happy to answer (so long as they don't give away too much of the story) Also if you have any constructive criticism I'd like to hear it. Thank you for reading though it means a lot to me! (>n u n)>(^n u n^)<(n u n<) 

On a a story related note, there will be lyrics in this one. I will try to come up with my own but if I can't I will include an in story a/n to give credit where credit is due.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Cheshire knew it was inevitable. Sumi was going to make sure she couldn't leave the dorm until she had some solid lyrics written for at least one part. Chess couldn't help it though, she just couldn't focus on anything outside of the drama that was sure to happen soon. She had already agreed to help K. Will introduce him when they brought him in but she couldn't even begin to imagine this going over well and she kind of knew how the new guy would feel too. When she joined Starship she had been immediately placed with RI5E who had been in training for years already and were simply waiting for a rapper to complete the five piece group. Apparently sajangnim had simply seen the potential in Chess and decided it was best to just take the risk to put her on the fast track for debut. She had only trained for four months before their debut and she had felt the original dislike that the girls had for her simply because she didn't have to spend a tenth of the amount of time training that they had. Given that all the animosity faded with the girls fairly quickly, Cheshire had learned that a lot of trainees were basically out to prove that she didn't have what it took to be an idol from the moment they heard about her. Chess could vividly remember the snide comments and lack of human interaction outside of Jooheon and Mad Clown for the first month of her training. It was hell and she had no intentions of ever letting that happen to another trainee if she could help it. Problem was she had no idea how to really help him. While the circumstances were similar they were also completely different.

Chess huffed and moved to sit in the window to try and get some form of inspiration when finally she just opened up her phone and went to the notes. Maybe if she stared long enough they would just write themselves. Suddenly quite like a fly ball coming out of left field it hit her. Her fingers practically flew across the phones keyboard. Her inspiration left her with four phrases but it was enough and Cheshire was sure it was solid. It was all of her pent up emotions from her time as a trainee and a little before. She couldn't help but smile proudly at what she had written before standing and almost running out of her room to where the other girls had gathered in the living room.

"Sumi I think you'll be proud of your Unnie! I finally got somehting!" All four of the other members perked up hearing the excitment in Chess's voice, she hadn't been this perky since she had told them about the album they were set to start recording in about two weeks.

"Well then lets hear it," Sumi had regained her composure a lot faster than the others and was back to leader mode trying to not be impressed until she heard what the eldest had for her.

"I'm on the bottom everywhere I go
The risk is too high
The profits too low
The force is too much
The hate is too real 
I refuse to feel
Like my sights are too high
For the goals that I seek 

For the friends who need me
I'm sorry for leaving
I needed my time 
I needed my space 
I needed to let go
Of all this dead weight

I was dragging my feet
I couldn't even see me
Forest for the trees
I tried to escape
what I thought was a place 
But was really disease

Every time I step up
I feel pushed back to the ground
That edge where I live
You couldn't even survive
All I have is my voice
And this one chance to... go," Cheshire finished and just kind of waited for someone to talk. It was just about to grate her nerves when finally Alice spoke up.

"Wow Unnie... That was really good!" The other three girls seemed to come back to their senses and started clapping.

"You've learned a lot judging this show haven't you?" Bei Lee was still having trouble keeping closed and not gaping at what she had just heard.

"I guess you could say that. More I've learned to just learned to let my story be told I guess.. I'm not even really sure anymore... I'll be able to explain more when I finally get done with this weeks mission I think," Chess just shrugged and began moving towards the door to the dorm.

"Where do you think you're going?" Sumi just had to break out her leader voice right now didn't she? She couldn't just be happy with the fact that Chess had done her part finally.

"I need to go talk to Giriboy. He's already working on producing something for him and I want to run this by him and see if he has any idea what to do with it or if he even thinks it's that good," Chess shrugged once more as she grabbed her favorite peacoat and face mask before heading out the door much to her leaders displeasure.

Cheshire was trying very hard to not think about the possibility of Giri not liking her lyrics. She had always looked up to the fact that he was such an amazing songwriter that she still got nervous about showing him anything she was working on. It felt like she was trying to hard when she had him look over too much of her stuff but she hadn't shown him anything in a while so maybe he'd have something useful to say rather than just telling her it was if he didn't like them. She tried to clear her head as she saw the company looming in front of her and decided that the faster she showed him the faster her doubts would disappear. She rushed through the door and collided directly into the chest of the man she had been looking for.

"Damn woman you don't have to tackle me if you just want me to touch you!" Giri smiled down and her as she took a step back and rolled her eyes.

"Were you leaving for the day?" Chess knew that he probably had better things to do than help her so if he was leaving she wasn't going to bother him.

"I was but you seem like you were looking for me, so I guess I'm staying a little bit longer," Giri bent down to be at eye level with Chess. "So what's on your mind Chess?"

"If you were leaving it's not a big deal I can just catch you later," Chess was about to turn and walk away before Giri grabbed her arms holding her in place. Cheshire could feel heat starting to pool into her cheeks which thanks to the bitter cold outside couldn't have possibly turned much redder. Sure Giri and Chess had a friendship involving skinship but this was the first time his face had been that close to hers while he touched her. It was just a little awkward for her.

"You have lyrics don't you? Is it vocal or rap?" Giri eyed the girl carefully honestly wanting to figure it out on his own before she could tell him. "Don't tell me you're gonna finally show me a rap!? You haven't done that in a year! Let's go back to the studio!"

Before Chess could protest Giri had grabbed her wrist and was pulling her towards the elevators. He didn't even bother to let go until he had sat her down in his second computer chair so that he could face her. Cheshire was starting to feel nervous with him staring at her like that. She felt like he was sizing her up, which he probably was, just not in the manner she was thinking of.

"Well? Go On!" He finally leaned back in his chair with his hands behind his head closing his eyes to give Chess a bit of peace of mind. 

Nervously, Chess pulled out her phone pulling up her notes. Taking a deep breath she rapped out the same phrases she had to the girls only half an hour ago. She found herself surprised at how easy and natural it felt even with Giri listening intently to her every breath. Giri nodded his head a couple times with his eyes still closed before he acknowledged her officially.

"That's the best thing I've heard you write since you debuted. I think it'd go well with the song I've got in line for RI5E too... We'd have to change up some of the beats but that shouldn't be too hard. I know you generally just let your raps flow to a certain rhythm in your head till we change the beat on you... Maybe i should try to pick it up a bit here..." Chess just kind of blinked in his direction, unsure of how she had managed to elicit this reaction.

"You like it?" She stared dumbfounded at Giri for a minute before he finally turned around to face her again.

"Of course I do... Would I be trying to work on the song if I didn't? You did really well, not that I'm surprised. Once you manage to find the right motivation you have a tendency to even beat my lyrics into the ground," Giri smiled and turned back to his computer messing with some level or another.

Cheshire couldn't believe it. That was the highest praise she had gotten since she debuted. She was beyond proud. For the rest of the evening she just sat and watched Giri work while his words swirled around and around in her head... She just couldn't wrap her head around why he liked her lyrics but it was an awesome feeling.

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A/N Ok guys I think I'm going to have to pass out before the I.M chapters start... I almost fell asleep writing this one... Sorry it's so short and yes those are my own personal lyrics and I know their not that great but let's just pretend they are lol