Eliminations

We're All Mad Here

A/N I have just realized I never actually did get to sleep. I have literally been writing this for about twenty hours now. I feel fairly proud of what I've done so far.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Kwangji and Yoonho entered shortly after Jooheon disappeared and Cheshire was eagerly awaiting their attempt to blow Jooheon and #Gun out of the water. If they didn't it would end up being pretty obvious who was going to be leaving out of the rappers. Chess didn't like the idea of eliminating them based on this. No matter how they tried to justify it, this just seemed like too much. She silently suffered through their performance and most of the judges seemed to think the same way. The song just felt incomplete and confusing. Chess reached for her mic and pulled it up to her face.

"What was that? Are you proud of what you just did? If I was you I wouldn't be. The entire song was just confusing sounding. If you had maybe switched parts... Let Kwangji do the faster bit and Yoonho do the slower bit it would have felt a bit more like it made sense I think. Kwangji you have a beautiful deep voice and it has an almost scratchy quality to it that would be better suited to something a bit more upbeat while Yoonho your voice is more mellow and relaxed and would have been better suited to something a little slower. I don't know what you guys were thinking but it didn't work. I think you both failed extremely hard at this mission."

Cheshire must have amazed the other judges because they sat just staring at her for a bit. The others gave Yoonho a bit of praise but nothing too dramatic. It would be really hard to praise them so much after Jooheon and #Gun's performance. It just didn't match up. Of course instead of both facing elimination only one of the pair could and unfortunately that was Kwangji. Chess felt like he had had the better potential to be great but this song destroyed him. He would be eliminated. There was no way they would give up #Gun for Kwangji and Cheshire had to agree. She wouldn't trade them either. It was still saddening to know.

Jooheon would be realeaseing a song with SanE and Hyolyn too. Chess was excited to see how well he would do. Given she had heard him on Mad Clown's song but this felt different and like he'd be able to put a different energy into it. But now was still time to focus on the trainees. The "visuals" were up. Honestly Chess didn't get how they were the visuals but again she apparently had strange tastes. She looked at her cue card to find what they were singing and her breath caught in .

"You have got to be ing kidding me.. I hate this song..." Of all the english for Giri to know apparently I hate this song was it. He had to hide his chuckle behind his had disguising it as a cough.

y Back. Of all the uselessly over played American pop hits they chose ing y Back. Cheshire could not help but continually grumble under her breath which prompted K. Will to ask for her opening thoughts. Of course. Great. None the less Chess picked up her mic and grumbled with an almost sneering smirk.

"Hi guys again I'm going to point out the obvious. I'm American. I was in High School when this song came out. I. Absolutely. Without a doubt. Hate. This. Song. I hate it. It's the most over played song that I've heard in the past 6 or 7 years honestly. When it came out, I kid you not, every other radio station played it every third or fifth song. It was horrible. And now you're wanting to use this tired song? You will have a lot to prove to me. I mean a lot. This song makes me cringe."

The boy's faces faltered for a second. Their confidence must have taken a hit from that last comment. Chess couldn't help the teasing smirk that crossed her face as they got into position. As they performed Chess was a little bit impressed. She didn't cringe at the song which really did say something to how well they performed. Their voices were y and the dancing was on point. As it came to a close with all the judges clapping they again turned their attention to Cheshire wanting her remarks first considering her harsh review of their song choice. She simply picked up her mic with a slightly irritated smirk.

"I still hate this song. I do have to say though you almost, ALMOST, made me like it. You have y voices and they are very complimentary of each other but... Hyungwon, you kind of disappeared. You felt much more like you were support than you were a main player. It doesn't help that while you're in all black Wonho has that splash of white which is going to draw more attention. Your choice in outfits could have been better. Wonho, you owned the stage and demanded attention. Your pronunciation was pretty good on both ends but I just wish you would have stood out a bit more Hyungwon. Whether with your outfit or with your voice. Next time you give up the more vocalized part make sure you're the one with the more colorful outfit at least that way we're not strictly drawn to your competitor. I know it sounds stupid but it can make a world of difference. But all together not a bad job. I hate this song but you performed it well."

The boys both exchanged happy smiles before bowing and thanking Cheshire. She assumed that they realized this was going to be the best comments that they could have received from her all things considered. Amazingly the judges didn't have much else to add though apparently she still had the unpopular oppinion because Wonho ended up being the one to face elimination. Cheshire was actually a bit upset by this seeing as honestly he was the only one she could focus on the entire performance. So be it though, there was no turning back now. Now was the part that Chess had been dreading and she was honestly going to rip this boy to shreds if he screeched out anymore notes. It was time for Minkyun and Yoosu to have it out. Chess could only skeptically smirk as the boys entered the stage. She could honestly feel the nervous energy rolling off the two like water. It made her ridiculously uncomfortable.

When the boys finally started their performance Cheshire was very happy to not hear any screeched notes but that was about all she was happy about. Minkyun seemed to do better and seemed to stay on pitch this time. But Yoosu just didn't sound right. This song definitely played to Minkyun's strengths. What caught Chess's attention was the single english line I think I'm gonna hate it girl. Seven words. Seven. And as a native speaker she could hardly understand them. Who the did they think they were? This was not well practiced apparently. Giriboy reached over and gently squeezed Chess's shoulder making her drop them from where they had apparently risen without her permission. The judges seemed to sense the anger and frustration coming off of Cheshire and decided rather than have her destroy the poor boys last without being able to give them at least some kind of confidence they would let her go first.

"Explain to me, please enlighten me, as to why you felt okay with coming out onto the stage and butchering the only english phrase in your song so bad that I couldn't even hardly understand it and I'm a native english speaker," The judges while realizing that this was all she was going to rant on both relaxed and immediately tensed back up. "You had seven words to learn that were not the title of the song. Seven! How did you manage to mess up all seven?! How do you even think that's ok?! I work my of to make sure that in my raps and vocal lines that my Korean is perfect but I am an idol already! With a fanbase that is fairly forgiving of a few mispronunciations! You are trainees! I expect you to work at least as hard as I do if not harder just to prove that you deserve this! Kpop is no longer and strictly asian thing! It is very much international! English is the third most spoken language in the world besides Spanish and Chinese! You are offered it as a class in school here! You've had the ability to study it since you were young! I learned Korean 2 and a half years ago! How do you expect me to want to push you into the next round when you can't even manage to work half as hard as I do? Your job as an idol, should you ever get that far, is to make your fans happy! That includes your fans outside of the Korean speakers! Do you really think that fans would be happy to hear you make a mockery of their language? That is a slippery slope to a pool of anti-fans honestly and I don't think you really understand the damage that can cause to your image! If you are going to perform a song with a different language in it don't you dare bother unless you can make sure that you can recognizably get across what the lyrics are! I am immensely disappointed in this performance!" Cheshire not so subtly dropped the mic onto the table while still eyeing the clearly upset boys with a near snarling smirk on her face. Unsurprisingly the rest of the judges were just as disappointed in their own views of the performance. This lead to the hard decision of naming Yoosu as the loser and making him face elimination.

Luckily enough it was easy to choose who was first and who should be eliminated. Jooheon would be the rapper releasing the song with SanE and Hyolyn while Kihyun would be the vocalist would be the one to release the song with Soyou and Giriboy. It was also quickly anounced that Kwangji would be the rapper going home and that Yoosu would be the eliminated vocalist. It was hard to watch Kwangji and Yoosu get eliminated but at the same time Chess made note of something strange. According to what she knew about the layout of the eliminations there was going to be one eliminated at the next mission. And there were only two missions left before the final. The fourth mission was supposed to be a team battle with Giriboy and Nochang's songs. This was going to give one team an undeniable advantage. What in the world were they planning? Something wasn't right. Did they plan on having a redemption mission? Were they going to change it to two people getting eliminated next round? Surely she would have known if they had changed the rules. Something was very wrong and she very much intended to badger K. Will until he told her what was going on after they were done filming. Cheshire never liked being left in the dark but this, whatever they were planning, was cruel even for this show and she would not allow herself to be left out of the plans knowing that somehow or another this would end up with some very pissed off trainees.

After some tears from the trainees mourning the loss of their friends in this competition the judges dismissed the remaining trainees and Cheshire immediately went over to where K. Will had just stood from his chair. Giri had tried to grab her attention but noticed the set and determined look on her face and decided to just hang back to see what she had just thought up that had caused her to be so fierce at that moment.

"K. Will Sunbaenim," Cheshire was very cautious and reigned in the look on her face as to not disrespect her elder. Though the determination was still visible in her eyes.

"Please call me Oppa. It feels weird to have you call me sunbae after working so closely now, Cheshire-ah," K. Will showed her a bright smile that didn't even falter at the look in her eye, which Chess took as a good sign.

"Then Oppa just call me Chess. It's a bit easier," Chess offered a tight smile trying to figure out how to breach into the current question on her mind without immediately destroying all the progress she had made in just a few simple sentences.

"Alright then Chess, what has you so determined that you even ignored Giriboy to come talk to me?" K. Will knew she wanted something. Chess almost sighed in relief. That meant it wouldn't be too far out of line to just openly question him.

"What is going to happen? You know when there is going to be an uneven number of trainees for the fourth mission? How are we going to fix that? I'm not fond of the idea of having 9 angry trainees breathing down our necks without at least knowing the plan," Chess couldn't help but notice that K. Will's eye smile got even brighter as he bent to pat her on the head and look her in the eye.

"Ah! Our Cheshire is as observant and clever as I've been warned! Sajangnim has told me what's happening and I guess since you are a permanent judge it wouldn't hurt to inform you!" Even though the words he said were condescending he said it so nicely that Chess figured he couldn't have meant it to be rude.

"Well sajangnim told me that he wanted me to judge since I would be able to connect a bit more easily to the trainees since it hasn't been as long since my debut," Chess emphasized that she was trying to be nice with an equally bright eye smile of her own which seemed to catch not only K. Will off guard but also Giriboy. She never really eye smiled. Giri had only seen it a few times himself and now she was just haphazardly using it on K. Will? He suddenly tensed behind Cheshire as she continued her conversation with K. Will who had bent to whisper in her ear so that he could be certain that no one around could hear their conversation.

"We're going to be bringing in a new rapper trainee after the next mission."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A/N I have come to the conclusion that I just need to write this until I get to the point that I can bring in I.M... If that is a spoiler I'm sorry? But anyways... I just really want to get to him coming in because I really do want to at least kind of pick up on the romance bit of the story becuase I feel like it would be boring with any more subtle hinting chapters after a while lol... I'm still not sure what the pairing will be... I think the story will just kind of end up writing itself a bit honestly which is sometimes fun for me too lol... Ok well as always Thank You for Reading! Kamsamnida!