Pinky Promise

We're All Mad Here

What. In. The. Actual. Hell? Jooheon was kissing her. He was KISSING Cheshire. Cheshire, the girl who had just announced she was dating his band mate and friend. Her brain wasn't functioning. She should have pushed him away. She shouldn't have closed her eyes. She shouldn't have enjoyed this. She should have slapped the living out of him. So why the hell was her body not listening to her brain and kissing him back? Why was this happening? Before Chess could compose herself Jooheon pulled back and rested his forehead on hers.

"I really do love you, Chess. More than anything. I don't know what to do now," Jooheon had his eyes closed but Chess's were as wide as saucers. No way this had just happened. No way he just said that. What should she do now? She felt a deep guilt take over her heart and squeeze so hard she felt like she couldn't breathe.

Finally Chess's body started to respond like her brain told it too. She pushed Jooheon away and looked towards the door, considering whether or not to just run away. Her conscience wouldn't let her. She had to deal with this and running away would only hurt both of them more. She couldn't do that. She couldn't be what broke Jooheon. Herself? She didn't care. She was going to hate herself for a long time coming now.

"Why? Why did you do that? I just told you and the rest of the boys that I'm with Changkyun. Why would you think that was okay? Jooheon. You're my best friend. I don't get how this seemed like a good idea!"

"Because I've loved you since I first met you! Since three years ago when you first came to Starship! Since those late night practices in the studio! Since the first time I woke you up from your nightmare!" Jooheon didn't look hurt anymore. He looked angry. But all that was lost on Chess at his last statement. She didn't remember him ever waking her up from a nightmare.

"What? When did you...." She couldn't even finish that question. She was scared of what he knew now. Had he known all along what had been wrong with her?

"Two weeks after we started working together you fell asleep while I was working on some lyrics. You started mumbling and then you started crying. I woke you up and you cried on MY shoulder. You kept saying how there was blood everywhere. That you wish you had protected them and that you were sorry. You fell back asleep in MY arms. Not HIS. MINE. I was there. I took care of you. I didn't say anything because I figured you'd tell me but you never did. Does HE know? Did you tell HIM?" Chess's eyes were widened again this time in fear not shock. Why didn't she remember this? What was going on?

"Yes I did tell him. I was planning on telling you after we resolved all this... this ! I didn't know that you did that," Chess couldn't wrap her mind around this new information.

"Of course you did. Did you ever really trust me? Or was it just that you needed someone to care about you till you found what you were looking for?" Jooheon's expression was dark and Chess felt her heart break at his cruel words.

"I always trusted you Jooheon. I couldn't tell you about this. It was in my contract! I had no choice. I just recently got permission to tell people! I wanted to tell you first but then all this bull about you three liking me came up and I just couldn't. I couldn't do that until I settled my own feelings. Changkyun wasn't even the first. Shownu was, so don't think that Chankyun found out first because I chose him. He found out because he was the first one I ran into after I told Shownu and figured out how to deal with it," Apparently that was not the thing to say. Jooheon's eyes flared again in outrage.

"Shownu?! You told him first?! Why couldn't you trust me? You said I'm your best friend! You think I couldn't look past my feelings for you to be there when you need me? You think I'd let that cloud how I see you? Is your past that bad?" Jooheon grabbed onto Chess's shoulders and she could feel him trembling. She couldn't tell anymore if it was from rage or from sadness and hurt. Jooheon just looked so conflicted.

"Yes! My whole family and my fiance were MURDERED Jooheon! Killed! In cold blood! The cops blamed me! They said I arranged it! I watched my Appa bleed out! I saw every one of them dead! Do you think that's something I could just tell anyone!? I kept this inside for years! YEARS Jooheon! That's what the nightmare was! That's why I don't talk about my past! That's why I was scared to tell you or anyone else for that matter! I didn't want you to think less of me! I thought for sure it would make you more skittish around me and I didn't want that! What do you want from me?!" Chess was crying now. She couldn't help it and she couldn't look at Jooheon who had lost all of his anger now. He felt horrible and he didn't know what to do. At that moment though Changkyun busted into the room after hearing all the yelling and looked from Chess who was shaking to Jooheon who was looking at her with a sad look.

"What the HELL did you do to my Girlfriend?!" Changkyun crossed the room and grabbed Jooheon by his collar pushing him into the wall. Jooheon never actually looked at him but kept his eyes on Chess as she slowly sank to the ground devolving into a sobbing mess. She couldn't even hear what was going on around her, she was stuck in her own sadness and couldn't find a way out.

"I kissed her and I told her I love her," Jooheon looked into Changkyun's eyes briefly enough to see the rage turn his eyes black before he felt Changkyun's fist connect with his jaw. "She finally told me her past too. Even if it was her yelling at me. I finally got to know why she had to cry herself to sleep in my arms."

Changkyun felt his rage overflowing at Jooheon's words and when Jooheon smirked he lost it. Changkyun had never been a violent person but he was finding that now he had a reason to be and he would do whatever it took to protect Chess. Even if it was beating up one of his best friends.

"You piece of ! You know how much you mean to her! You know it! Why the hell would you do that to her! Why would you do this to me!?" Changkyun was breathing heavily and was finally finding the words for his anger. "You know what I don't even care! If you ever touch her again, I will not stop until you're not moving! Got that?! I won't let anyone hurt her! Especially not you!"

Changkyun pushed Jooheon into the wall with all his force before turning around and going to Chess who was still sobbing on the floor. He wrapped his arms around her helping her to her feet and taking her out of the room and through the living room to the balcony. Changkyun gently sat her on the bench against the windows, kneeling down in front of her and wiping her tears which just made her cry more.

"I kissed him back. He kissed me and I couldn't help it... I kissed him back. I'm so sorry Changkyun. I'm so sorry," Chess sobbed hard again and Changkyun wrapped his arms around her pulling her face into the crook of his neck.

"It's okay. You were just surprised. Don't worry about that right now. Are you okay? How can I help you right now? What do you need?" Changkyun felt Chess slowly get herself under control. She pulled away and Changkyun gave her a box of tissues that just seemed to have appeared out of nowhere and she blew her nose and cleaned her face. Once her face was cleaned she grabbed Changkyun's face and kissed him. Hard. When they finally broke the kiss, Changkyun rested his forehead on hers and started running his fingers through her hair.

"What in the world did I ever do to deserve having you care about me this much?" Chess's quesiton was whisper quiet and she hadn't been sure if Changkyun had even heard it until he answered her.

"You went through hell and you're still here. You deserve nothing but love and I plan on giving that to you. No matter if it hurts me or if you return it. Whether you're my girlfriend or just my friend. I'm going to make sure that the rest of your life is only filled with love. I won't let anyone hurt you. Not ever. I promis you that," Changkyun stilled the hand in her hair on the back of her neck and stared straight into her blue-green eyes. He placed a sweet peck on her lips and Chess felt her lips form a small sad smile.

"Pinky promise?" Chess stuck out her right pinky and Changkyun locked his with hers almost instantly.

"Pinky promise," Changkyun chuckled but Chess reamained serious.

"I will always do the same for you. No matter what. I don't ever want you to even think that you're not just as loved," Changkyun smiled and brought his hand on her hair to cup her face.

"Pinky Promise?"

"Pinky Promise."

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A/N So I know this one is a little shorter than the others but I didn't want to completely destroy the scene that had been given by writing too much into it. I promise I'll try to update more often but I am updating as soon as I write it so it's a bit difficult at times. As Always Thank You for Reading! Kamsamnida!