Choices

We're All Mad Here

Giriboy had showed up to Chess's dorm early the next day. He had even risked his own physical safety by being the one to wake her up. Chess had of course swung at him a few times complaining about her lack of sleep before fully waking up and realizing that it was only him. She had apologized profusely. Giri simply told her to get dressed and that he was going to take her to breakfast to talk. Begrudingly, Chess left the comfort of her bed after her door closed and got herself somewhat presentable.

"Come on I know you love pancakes... Let's go get some pancakes," Giri said as he wrapped his arm around her urging her out of the dorm. Chess didn't even care about the fact that the paparazzi hadn't left her alone in weeks when she walked out the door of the lobby and lit her cigarette. She was too damn tired. She hadn't slept right since she had done the interview but things were even worse now. With all the headlines doubting her she couldn't get a grip on what to expect from people anymore. Sure most of the news stations had also talked to the RPD and Sheriff's department to confirm what Jin Hyuk had found in his interview but it wasn't necessarily making things any better. It seemed that now everyone was focused on the fact that she had been engaged before like that made her a bad person. It wasn't like she had just ended the engagement! He had died for Christ sake!

"Don't worry about them Chess. We're only going about two blocks away," Giri led her in her silent state to the restaurant and got them a table in a private room. "Look I know that you're still suffering and all but at least talk to me. I'm only trying to help you."

"I know... I just... I don't know what to say anymore. I didn't think that it'd be like this once I was cleared of suspicion, ya know?" Chess looked over the menu and ordered a tall stack of the strawberry-banana pancakes with strawberry syrup and coffee before turning back to look at Giri.

"I know I wasn't either. But!" Giri clapped his hands and a smile crossed his face as he did. "I just talked to Shownu this morning. Do you want to go see him? He's apparently seen the interview and he's even more of a wreck now. To be honest Shownu kind of begged me to make you go but I wanted to give you the option. Do you want to go see them?"

"When did you start talking to Shownu?" Chess couldn't gloss over the fact that she had never actually seen the two of them interact like that before. It almost bothered her. Even she hadn't had a chance to talk to Shownu like that since they went on tour.

"That's not important now. Do you want to see him?" Giri was more persistent today than usual and Chess knew that he was completely serious about this. Not that he wasn't normally serious but he was always willing to go on side tangents with her and he just was having none of it today.

"I do. I mean of course I do but I have schedules and they're in the middle of their tour. Are you sure that's a good idea? What if I just make everything worse?" Giri's face fell for a bit. He knew that Chess may not be the most confident in herself but she had never come right out and been this self depricating before. It may not have seemed like it with the words that she used but her face told him that she only believed she could screw things up. It hurt his heart.

"Don't worry. Your schedule is cleared for this. Si Dae sajangnim said that you needed to take a break anyways. He's worried about you. The only downfall is I couldn't get Swings to agree to letting me have the time off so you'll be alone on the flight. Can you do that? Shownu promised he wouldn't leave your side after the concert if you needed him. Is that okay with you?" Chess simply nodded. No matter what she had to see him even if it was only to get closure. They hadn't exactly had the best break up after all.

Shortly after their conversation their food arrived and Giri changed the subject trying to make Chess feel a little bit less burdened. It wasn't until they were leaving that Giri brought the subject back up simply giving her a boarding pass that he had already bought for her and telling her that he was sorry he couldn't go with her. He walked her back to the dorm and dropped her off in the lobby before heading out to catch up with his schedule. He had a crazy couple of days coming up.

Chess spent the next couple of days thinking of everything that could be perfect. The perfect outfit, the perfect hairstyle, the perfect shoes, the perfect sunglasses, the perfect apology, and even the perfect outcome of this trip. She had packed and repacked and repacked once again. She was even more nervous about this trip than she had been about telling him about how she felt the first time. When the day of her flight came she was so nervous she wasn't even sure how she wasn't shaking. She woke herself up and got dressed in the outfit she was going to wear on the plane. It was simple and comfortable while still fashionable should the paparazzi follow her to the airport like she expected they would. She would be leaving at one in the afternoon and would be landing at around six or seven should everything work out the way she wanted. She'd change once she got to the hotel she was going to share with Monsta X.

Chess double checked that she had her passport and everything that she needed before putting on her had and heading out to her Jeep. She quickly got in and headed out of the parking garage. She didn't miss how the press quickly got into their vans and started following her. She tried not to pay them much attention though it was kind of hard considering they were constantly fighting to be the car next to her. They even followed her onto the highway. She honestly hadn't expected that.

As they followed her, one of the vans moved to take the place behind her. She heard it happen before she felt it. The van clipped the back passanger side of her Jeep. She fishtailed and in her panic she over corrected sending the front passenger side into the press van that was in the lane next to her. The momentum sent her flipping sideways. She flipped two or three times thanking god that she had made sure to install a roll bar on the Jeep for just in case something like this ever happened. All she saw was the world spinning even more before she out.

 

Giri had had a long day of promoting for his new album before he headed home. It was about two thirty in the morning before he finally made his way into his living room, collapsing on the couch, knocking the remote to the floor as he fell. As soon as he got comfortable though his phone rang loudly from his pocket. He quickly fished it out hoping to simply silence it and grab some much needed sleep. The caller i.d. said it was Shownu though and that could only mean that something wasn't right.

"Ne, Shownu?" Giri barely finished his greeting before Shownu was yelling almost panicked into the phone.

"Hyung, where's Noona? She never showed up what happened?" Giriboy sat up straight panic suddenly filling his body. He had gotten a text from her earlier in the day stating that she was leaving. She wouldn't have runaway would she? No. She had been set on this meeting happening from what he remembered.

"Shownu, I'm going to go see what's up. She should have been there. I'll let you know when I find out what's happening," Giri hung up the phone before really hearing Shownu tell him to hurry up. Giri stood stepping on the remote turning on the tv as he went. He reached down to pick it up but stopped when he heard what was being broadcast at that moment.

"We're outside of Seoul National University Hospital where rapper Cheshire has been admitted after an unfortunate accident earlier today. There is still not much known of her condition only that she has yet to wake up..."

Giri didn't even have to hear more. He grabbed his keys and ran out of his apartment dialing Shownu's number as quickly as he could. Shownu picked up on the first ring and Giri didn't even let him answer before he started explaining.

"Chess was in a car accident on her way to the airport. She's in the hospital and hasn't woken up yet. I don't know how serious it is but I'm on my way there now," Giri took a deep breath as he opened the door to his car pausing to collect his thoughts before speaking again. "I'm going to let you decide whether or not you tell I.M. I know that he's going to want to come back to Korea. You decide. I'm hanging up now. I trust you Shownu."

 

Shownu looked at the phone in his hand after the line went dead. What was he supposed to do? He was the leader. If I.M went to Korea and didn't make it back for their concert in two days then he would be blamed. If he didn't tell him though he knew that I.M would probably hate him for a long time coming. In the end his worry over his Noona got the better of him. He couldn't go, it wouldn't be right but I.M could. He'd just have to make sure that the Maknae didn't do anything stupid. Shownu ran down the hall of the hotel to the room that I.M and Jooheon were sharing. He knocked frantically only to be met with Jooheon's tired face.

"Mwoh? Hyung, what do you want?" Shownu didn't even answer him and brushed past him grabbing I.M's arm that was hanging off the bed and pulling him to his feet and out the door. He yelled that they would be back to Jooheon who just scratched his head and closed the door. Shownu led the Maknae to his room and closed the door. Wonho was still in the shower and for once Shownu was happy for how long he took.

"Look Changkyun. Chess was in an accident. She was on her way to the airport to come here to see you when it happened. She's in the hospital and she hasn't woken up yet. Giriboy is going to check on her now but that's all I know," Shownu saw the desperation and pain that crossed Changkyun's face and made sure he still had a firm grip on his arm. He didn't need him running off before he finished what he had to say. "I know you're going to go back to Korea. We have a two day break. You have to be back here before the concert, arrasseo? If not I'm going to have to call Sajangnim. Please don't do anything stupid okay? Go."

It took barely a nanosecond for I.M to sprint out of the room once Shownu loosened his grip on the younger boys arm. I.M had almost even run into Wonho as he made his exit slamming the door of the hotel room in the process.

"What the hell was that hyung?" Wonho sat down on his bed and kept drying his hair.

"That was a man suffering the worst heartbreak that he could ever feel."

"Hyung that's pretty weird to hear coming from you... What do you mean though?" Wonho stared at the older boy with an incredulous look.

"He couldn't protect the one thing he cares about most in this world."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A/N DRRRAAAAAAAMMMMMMMMAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!! So like really I kind of feel bad about this chapter... Like there were a whole bunch of different ways this was supposed to turn out and I.M and Shownu were supposed to fight but I didn't expect it to go that smooth lol... I'm sorry if it feels rushed but I had to get this out there before I could really get a good foothold into the drama ahead... Given it's not that much drama lol... As always Thank You for Reading! Kamsamnida!