Just Made It

We're All Mad Here

A/N There will be some time skips just so you're aware. I'm going to try to keep them to a minimum but honestly anything I write for the time between missions right now just doesn't seem to be anything but filler and I'm trying to keep you guys at least kind of entertained lol

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Cheshire was awoken by the lovely sound of Alice screeching. Nothing too out of the ordinary in her day to day life but damn if she didn't want another hour or two of sleep. She had been up all night trying to write just one more rap but nothing felt right. It was like all of her inspiration went out the window the moment she realized what today was.

"Unnie!!!!!! You need to wake up! Ji Eun keeps calling for you!" Alice banged her tiny fist against the door this time ensuring there was no chance of sleep for the eldest.

"Yah! I'm up already! Calm your tiny self!" Chess heard Alice giggle her way away from the door. Bei Lee maybe the laziest member but Cheshire was definitely the worst to wake up. She was a right bit like a bear waking up from hibernation a little too early, aggitated and ready to kill whatever caused the disturbance. Rolling herself out of the warm embrace of her bed, Chess searched for the warmest and comfiest clothes that she could while also searching for her mysteriously silent phone. Once changed with her phone located she checked her notifications. 10 missed calls from Ji Eun. What the actual ... Without anymore hesitation Chess swiped her phone screen to call Ji Eun back.

"Do you have any idea what time it is!? You were supposed to be here an hour ago! Get your in gear!" Ji Eun rarely cursed and generally only did it when she was super frazzled with work so Chess could just see the mountain of clothes she was probably trying to sort through in her minds eye.

"Mianhe Unnie. I was up all night writing. I'll be there in 5 min I promise. Just let me get a cup of coffee. Why did I need to be there an hour ago though? It's only 11 right now.... I didn't think filming was starting till 4?" Cheshire was genuinely confused about what was going on this time and didn't actually want to be scolded after her not so gentle wake up call after only about three hours of sleep.

"It does for everyone else but you were supposed to do an interview for CultureM Magazine. You're lucky that I caught Dae Suk on his way out so that he could reschedule for you! Where in the hell would you be without us?" Chess could practically feel the glare that Ji Eun was no doubt sending through the phone.

"Mianhe Unnie. I can't help it with this recording session coming up in two weeks you know how much pressure Sumi is putting on me and I can't let her down. I'll be more careful next time I promise." Chess was having a really hard time dealing with the pressure now. Recording and Sumi? That was nothing new she was used to it but now that she was doing all this excess because of No.Mercy she was just about to reach her breaking point. Why had she agreed to this again? Oh yeah sajangnim gave her that look. The please just agree before I make you do it anyways look. She couldn't stand that look and at that exact moment she was rather pissy with sajangnim for making this a thing on top of recording. The man knew how Sumi was so how did he not see this coming?

"Hurry up I've already got you an outfit picked out and if I hear one word of protest out of you I swear to every god you have ever heard of I will throw you face first into the Han River." Now that made Chess giggle a bit even though she made an acknowledging grunt into the phone before hanging up. Ji Eun couldn't be more than 155 cm and about maybe 50 Kg, so how she expected to be able to lift let alone throw Chess was beyond her but the image of her trying was probably one of the funniest things she had ever imagined.

"Nicotine and caffine kind of day?" Alice held out a tumbler of coffee made specially for Cheshire, evidenced by the fact that it was in her Nightmare before Christmas Tumbler of course.

"You have no ing idea," Chess grabbed the tumbler and immediately exited the dorm pulling a cigarette to her lips, lighter at the ready for the moment the outside doors opened. Taking a deep drag on her cigarette Cheshire was suddenly very happy that she had chosen to wear her extra large sunglasses as it seemed the press came to realize that RI5E was back in Seoul. Amazingly it had taken them a week to swarm the dorm like the mosquitos they were. Chess simply smiled and waved before heading in the direction of the company building hoping that they would be waiting for someone more interesting like Young Ji who had always seemed to have a way with the press. Luck was apparently not on her side today though as they continued to swarm around her asking questions about No.Mercy. Her smirk was slowly turning cold as they started to block her path to Starship and very much irritating the living piss out of her asking the same damn question 50 different ways.

"I can't tell you anything about what's going on in the judging. We haven't even filmed for the day. The first episode releases in a few days but unfortunately I can't talk anymore today as I am already late and there won't be much of a second episode if I do not get to the venue in time to actually judge. Thank you for your support now if you would kindly move so I can be on my way," It was amazing that all of that didn't come out as a snarl but the press moved out of her path none the less. They still followed her but at least now they were  in a range where she could ignore them again.

Chess could not recall the last time she had been so relieved to step foot into the Starship building but she thanked every single deity known to man that she was here now. She practically ran to the elevator and down the hall when she reached her floor only to find Ji Eun in the largest pile of clothes she had ever seen in the wardrobe department. Ji Eun eyed her with a cold stare when she entered thirty minutes later than she had said she would be there.

"Mosquitos were buzzing and blocking my path here. I tried Unnie I did." Ji Eun simply pointed to an outfit laid out on a chair making Cheshire's smile shrink to an apologetic grin. Upon closer inspection of the outfit Chess let out an unsatisfied groan. It wasn't too bad but it was going to be cold and she was not prepared to have her legs assaulted by the bitter December air. Not bothering to look at Ji Eun, who was sure to be giving her her best stink eye, Chess quickly changed. It was a knee length black pencil dress with long sleeves and a super low V cut neckline. A cropped leather biker jacket was paired with it but thankfully since she was so tall she never really had to wear heels so a comfy looking pair of flats was paired with it. All black. This felt like she was going to her own funeral. Not that Cheshire kept a bunch of colors in her wardrobe but still, this was definitely mourning garb even for her. Ji Eun barely even looked her over this time before shooing her out the door to hair and make up. A different stylist was working on her today and apparently had decided a smokey eye and bright red lip would fix all the problems in the world. Given at least it was simple. She also just made sure to pull a straightner through Chess's hair a few times 'just to make sure' and sent her on her way.

Cheshire was ridiculously happy to finally be in the car with Dae Suk. He was a man of few words and always seemed to know when all she needed was some peace. The car ride was fairly silent and Chess was very thankful for that, though all she could think of was how could it possibly be 3 already? Hadn't she just gone through the quickest styling of her life? Apparently not since she got there at almost noon. How could it have possibly taken that long? Whatever had happened to time was going to be something that eluded her for her next three lifetimes and all she could do was hope that she made it to the venue on time.

The one of luck she seemed to actually get was that the car pulled into the venue at 3:38 on the nose. Chess could not have been happier. Now all she had to do was make it to where the stage was and sit her happy down and watch 12 trainees potentially ruin any hope of a career that they possibly had. Let's hope that they improved. At least a little. Maybe just no more screeching out notes, that'd be nice.

As Chess was rushing to where the stage was supposed to be she caught sight of Giriboy and ran directly to him hoping to just be able to follow him.

"Hey Giri! Hajima!" Cheshire yelled hoping to catch his attention and thankfully she did.

"Yah! You were supposed to be here -"

"I know already I have had the worst day ever! Don't even start with me!" She knew he didn't understand that last bit but surely the cold smirk on her face gave away the idea of it.

"The happened? Did you have to run here or something?" Giri was eyeing her up and down. At least he seemed to be worried about her well being. That or he was definitely checking her out right now. She preferred to think it was the former to keep her cheeks from turning an obnoxious shade of red.

"I was writing till 7 this morning and then my phone was turned to silent so my alarm didn't go off, I had ten missed calls from Ji Eun, Alice screeched me awake, I've only had one cup of mildly strong coffee and one cigarette that was almost cut short when I had to fight the stupid press to get to where Ji Eun decided to dress me as though I'm attending a funeral, and apparently sat in a make up chair for two hours despite the fact that the stylist said she was going to just go simple and classic, and to top it all off traffic ! I need nicotine and caffine stat."

Giri seemed to understand the urgency and pulled a Monster out of nowhere and handed it to the slightly confused Cheshire.

"I have like three more inside I came out for a smoke real quick and maybe chug that one before we started but you look like you need this more than me honestly." Chess immediately cracked it open and chugged about half of it in one go. Giri was quite honestly impressed he'd never really seen a woman chug a Monster as fast as him.

"I think today will be the end of me."

"Nah. You know I wouldn't let that happen you're too entertaining to lose over something this stupid," Giri threw his arm over Chess's shoulder and escorted her into the building with the stage. 

"That's a real y get up by the way," Giri whispered in her ear as he helped her with her chair before taking his own. Chess was dumbfounded and hid her embarassment by finishing off the Monster in her hand. So he had been checking her out. What the actual ? How was she supposed to take that? Luckily before she could even begin to truely over think his comment the trainees made their way to the stage. For once she was thankful that she was there as a judge and could pour all her attention into people other than the man sitting next to her.

The other judges all went through their words of welcome, encouragement or in K. Will's case warning and the mic finally landed in Cheshire's hands.

"Hopefully you all remember me from your last mission. I'm still hoping to see a good performance from you. I want to see you lay your heart on the stage like it's your last chance to do so because let's be honest, for two of you it will be. I want you to walk away from this performance with no regrets." Ches looked all the trainees in the eye and noted that Jooheon's seemed a tad bit wider when he locked eyes with her. Damn Ji Eun and this stupid dress. It was going to be the death of her. She could already feel her cheeks beginning to heat up and swiftly reached over to swipe the second of Giri's Monsters before quickly drinking from it.

K. Will announced the start of the mission and the first trainee team was put on standby. It was going to be a long night. Cheshire was not exactly sure how she was going to manage to handle it but she knew it was going to take a load of professionalism that she was almost certain she did not have. How in the world was she going to manage this one?

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A/N Oh my god I have a subscriber! Yay! Thank you so much! I'm glad to know that you liked it enough to subscribe!