The Sleepless Night

We're All Mad Here

When the trainees and Cheshire entered the dorm she noticed how I.M hung back like he was waiting to be told where to go. It irritated her that no one seemed like they could be even the slightest bit bothered to tell him where he was going to be staying but since they weren't necessarily being rude she just let it go. It was going to take some time for them to process especially seeing as Minkyun had apparently left while they were all out without even saying goodbye or leaving a note. Chess wasn't unsympathetic to the loss they had just had.

When the boys all made it to the living room, with the exception of I.M who was still being wary, Chess entered and set down her bag. She listened for a while as they talked about how they were upset over losing Minkyun and how they weren't mad at I.M just the situation entirely.

"Yah! A part of the going out of your way to be rude or mean includes just leaving him out there in the doorway. Will someone PLEASE just go tell him where he's going to be staying? I can't very well do that for you since I don't know anything about your sleeping arrangements," Chess could already feel her head starting to pound and was definitely going to need nicotine soon even though she had just chain smoked all the way from the restaurant to the dorm. Finally one of the guys stood up and walked out to the hallway where I.M was standing like a lost puppy and told him to come sit in the living room with them. Chess rolled her eyes. This was going to be flat out impossible.

When I.M finally sat down on the bottom bunk of the beds that were randomly placed in the living room the boys started just getting up and silently leaving the room till only I.M and Yoonho were left. Chess felt like there was a chance that at least Yoonho could be decent to him if she left them alone for a minute so she stood up and as she was leaving the room looked over her shoulder to find Yoonho looking at her.

"Be nice. I'll be back in a bit," With that Chess left to go find Jooheon who she hadn't seen since she stepped into the dorm. It wasn't exactly a difficult task considering the boys weren't exactly trying to be quiet. She walked in just as #Gun was finishing saying that just looking at I.M frustrated him. Smirking the entire time. "Then don't ing look at him but shut your ing mouth if you're gonna laugh about it."

All the boys startled not having heard or seen her enter the room. She went over and laid her hand on Jooheon's shoulder quickly tipping her head indicating for him to follow her. He did of course but he had no idea what she could possibly want from him at that exact moment. At least that's what she thought his hesistance was. Once she got him into the only currently empty room in the dorm she the light and leaned against the bunks.

"You okay? You haven't really said anything for the past hour or so and that's weird even if you're pissed off," Chess eyed Jooheon up and down taking in his guarded expression. She hadn't seen it in so long it felt foreign to her.

"No I'm not. I just lost Minkyun one of my best friends here and now you.... you..." He couldn't even finish his thought properly. He looked at the ceiling and that's when Chess realized he was fighting tears. She knew him well enough to know that right now wasn't the time for her to rush him so she let him reorganize his thoughts. "You're protecting his replacement! Why did you even bother to cut Minkyun if you were just going to immediately replace him? What makes him so much better? What makes him worth protecting? I feel like I lost two people today instead of just one! Why? Just Why?"

Cheshire let him finish but the moment he stopped she walked over to him and wrapped her arms around him putting her chin on his shoulder. Had he always smelled this amazing? She couldn't remember but there were more important things to worry about. "I'm protecting him because he's a human and he didn't make this happen so he doesn't deserve people trying to tear him apart for something that wasn't his decision. Stop acting like I'm the only one who judged you guys. I actually didn't even vote for Minkyun. I wasn't lying when I had said he was my new hero. It wasn't just because of the stupid dance you guys did, it was because of how much trust and faith he had in you. I couln't stop the elimination and I would have if it had been possible. It's not necessarily that he's any better than Minkyun either. It was literally just that he was a rapper that had proven himself to be on the same level as you guys. And how did you lose two people? I'm here aren't I? Would I have made sure you're okay if I wasn't still your friend?"

"I just feel like everything is shattering. I can't be nice to him. I can't even try," Jooheon had wrapped his arms around her waist and buried his face into her neck. She couldn't help the sad smile that crossed her face at the action.

"It's okay. It'll take time. I know you're having a hard time so like I said you don't have to be nice just, please don't be rude. For me?" Chess felt Jooheon nod into her neck and just stood there hugging him and rubbing small circles into his back with her hands. She hated seeing him like this. He was just so vulnerable that it hurt to watch. She wanted to make things better but she didn't know how. When he finally started to pull away she felt him place a small kiss on her neck where his face had been. Cheshire froze wide eyed from the shock of his actions.

"Thank you for checking on me but I think you should probably get back to babysitting," Jooheon said with a small smirk before walking out of the room.

"Yah! That counts as mean you know!" Cheshire called after him as she headed back to the living room. When she got back she noticed that I.M was putting away his things into the dresser. She walked up to him and hit her forehead into his shoulder having to bend her neck since they were the same height. When she finally moved she saw the light pink dusting his cheeks.

"Are you.. Are you okay?" It was really cute how I.M stuttered and Chess couldn't help but giggle.

"Yeah it's just going to be a long night," As she spoke she saw the brightly colored sweatshirt he was holding and promptly ripped it from his hands and ran a little ways down the hall throwing it on over her thin long sleeved shirt. I.M, who had slightly chased her froze when he saw that she was putting on his shirt. He looked like it was something he'd never seen done before and the dumb look on his face only made Chess laugh harder, falling to the floor in the process. "Oh my god! Your face if ing priceless!"

After the other boys had heard the commotion they had exited their rooms only to stare at the woman still laughing on the floor. Despite themselves they all started chuckling when they saw her, they couldn't help it. She was splayed out in the middle of the hallway clutching her side and gasping for air as her face turned red as a tomato from how hard she was laughing. Unfortunately, as she slowly got herself under control the trainees realized what was happening and returned to their somber selves. They all went back to their rooms and closed the doors either ready for sleep or more likely, Chess thought, just trying to make sure that they didn't have to see I.M.

After all of the doors had closed I.M came over and offered Chess a hand up from her spot on the floor, which she happily took, but as she was in socks and hadn't landed quite right when she got up slipped. She fell directly into I.M's chest who thankfully had a better handle on the whole using legs bit of his life than Cheshire did. She scoffed at the irony of being named after a cat and having the grace of a blind dog trying to run on wood floors. I.M wrapped his arms around her waist to keep her from falling.

"You seem to really be in love wtih the floor. Should I leave you two alone?" Oh god. He was 4D. And he was hot. Chess was screwed. Without bothering to look up from where he face was connected to his chest she shook her head, smirking evilly at how she felt him tense at the motion. She was going to Hell. 100%. But at least she was going to have fun getting there. The other boys around her were never this easy to make nervous and she was going to use it against him. Slowly she s her arms around his waist and stood up straight dragging her face to lodge in the crook of his neck. She had to think of something to say and quick or this was going to end up being a really awkward situation but his smell was making her mind fuzzy. God he smelled good.

"We have an abusive relationship really. The floor always trips me or throws itself at me. I need someone to take me away to somewhere where it can't hurt me anymore," Chess pulled her face away from his neck and wiped away a nonexistent tear. Chess felt his laugh rumble in his chest seeing as they hadn't let go of one another yet.

"Well I guess I should get you out of here then," I.M said still chuckling. "Where should we possibly go?"

"Anywhere that offers the ability to inhale nicotine into my system honestly," Chess looked up at him with the best pout that she could muster and felt very proud that when he looked at her his face got slightly pink again.

"To the balcony we go I guess," I.M started to guide her to the door with one arm still around her waist trying to make sure she didn't slip again. He bent to pick up two pairs of Nike sandals out of his bag before they reached the door and gave Chess a pair so she wouldn't have to be in just her socks on the balcony. When she started to tug off his sweatshirt so that it wouldn't smell like smoke when they came back in I.M simply tugged it back down. "Don't worry about it my parents smoke the smell doesn't bother me."

When he turned his back to her, Chess couldn't help herself, she jumped onto his back making him stumble for a second before regaining his footing and putting his hands under her thighs to support her. "Forward movement supplier!"

I.M shook his head but went towards the back door anyways, setting her down outside before turning to close the door. He saw Jooheon staring at him from the hallway before he quickly turned into his room slamming the door. I.M just lightly closed the sliding glass door and turned to face Cheshire who was already puffing on her cigarette.

"You know, Noona you're a very special breed of human," I.M placed his elbows on the railing looking at what they could see of the stars.

"You know, bruh you say that like it's a bad thing," Chess snickered as she imitated his comment.

"It's not. There's not a whole lot of people who would have put themselves in this position. And even less girls that would stand up for another guy in front of their boyfriend," Cheshire choked on her own smoke at the last comment.

"Boyfriend? What boyfriend? I haven't had time for a boyfriend in three years. Didn't even consider wanting one for the first two," Chess looked over at the boy just in time to see him smile a bit before going back to his straight face and looking at her.

"Oh really? No dates? Nothing?" Chess felt her cheeks heat up under the look that he was giving her. Damn this boy and his questions.

"Nope. Not even in the slightest," I.M studied her face for a minute as if he was trying to tell if she what she said was true before smirking and turning back to look at the stars.

"That must have ," Chess felt a little bit braver than she probably should have. That's the only way she could possibly explain what came out of next.

"I bet your girlfriend is going to die when this episode airs," She mentally slapped herself. Why did her brain not stop ?

"Doubt it. I've never had one. I'm not generally the type of guy that girls want," Chess felt the finished cigarette fall from her fingers onto the balcony's floor. No ing way. He had to be lying. She smooshed the cigarette with her foot to make sure she didn't burn the floor while trying to make her brain work.

"Girls don't like you? What is hot and funny no longer on the list of things girls find attractive anymore?" That was it. Her brain was fired. It refused to help her sensor herself and she could not stand the embarassment that came with it.

"I guess I haven't been around the right girls because no one has ever called me hot before," Chess knew her face was redder than the flashy sports car parked across the street. And it was only getting worse considering the look that I.M was giving her. He sighed stuffing his hands in his pockets. "Glad to know what you think of me though."

She couldn't function. She couldn't take it back that would be mean and completely untrue but she couldn't confirm it either. She had embarassed herself enough apparently though as remained shut.

"If it makes you feel any better I think you're beautiful."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A/N And I'm still not sure of the pairings but I'm pretty sure that I.M's part just wrote itself into making him the main love interest. This will be interesting to say the least... As always Thank You for Reading! Kamsamnida!