First Judgement

We're All Mad Here

A/N I'm probably going to skip over some of the performances because honestly that last chapter was a lot longer than I expected and I honestly didn't have a bunch of oppinions on some of the performances so sorry if I skip one of your favorites I don't mean to offend lol

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Cheshire was happy to feel herself relax a bit now that Jooheon had performed now she didn't have any worries really. Except the impending judgement she was going to have to pass but besides that she was mostly back to normal. This fact proven by how she was able to giggle so easily when Hyolyn looked like she was about to spit out the water she drank when the next trainee came on stage. K. Will kind of poked some fun at her reaction making Cheshire have to literally hold her laughter behind her hand. It was priceless, the face that Hyolyn was making that is and Chess could not help but find it unbelievably funny that this super confident and beautiful woman beside her almost lost her cool when a trainee walked on stage.

Apparently his name was Hyungwon and to be perfectly honest Chess was not sure what Hyolyn saw in him but then again Chess was a strange person. After their moment of fun at Hyolyn's expense he was instructed to start.

"You have got to be kidding me..." Cheshire mumbled when she heard him start in on singing 'No Diggity'. She had grown up listening to this song and she couldn't believe he knew it let alone decided it was something he knew well enough to perform for them. Though she was fairly impressed with how well he actually sang it. It was definitely no copy of the original but it wasn't too far off for her liking. His english could use some more practice though if she was honest. He wasn't too bad though and she figured she'd just remind him to practice the english just a bit more next time but his intoxicating voice made up for it. It was deep and really smooth and Chess felt herself drawn to it. Then he started dancing. The boy had moves she'd give him that. Maybe not the best song to follow 'No Diggity' with but not bad. She saw how much he had practiced though and felt like commending it.

For a change the comments started with Cheshire and she was a bit taken aback. She was not particularly fond of the idea of going first since she was going to at least slightly criticize, oh well.

"So I'm American, if you haven't figured that out yet," she chuckled a bit with the other judges at her own joke. "I grew up listening to 'No Diggity' and I really did like your performance of it... but... If you're going to sing an entirely english song next time I'd say just practice your pronunciation just a little bit more. You were a little shaky on some of your notes which somehow you managed to make work for you but I think if you had a little stronger pronunciation it would help a bit with the shakiness. Overall it was a good performance and I really liked your deep voice but the pronunciation just kind of got to me. Your dancing was well practiced though and it came across on the stage how much you had put into it. Good job."

Well that was easier than she thought. The other judges seemed to have similar points minus the pronunciation bit and she didn't feel as bad about what she had said. For once she had a popular oppinion and that just never happened. After all was said by the judes, Hyungwon bowed and thanked them before heading backstage allowing for the next trainee to enter.

The trainee introduced himself as Minhyuk and honestly nothing about his performance really stood out to Cheshire. (A/N Don't kill me!!!) He seemed like he was trying but it just didn't capture her attention. But on the plus side she didn't have anything negative to say so she just let the other judges make their comments and shook her head when asked if she had anything to say. Mad Clown scoffed at her, she always had something to say so he was amazed.

After a short while the next trainee came onstage and introduced himself. Wonho, or at least Chess was pretty sure that was his name, tried to make his performance y. He tried flashing his abs but failed because of his outfit choice and that was all she could really remember from his performance. (A/N again don't kill me!) Again she had nothing to say so she let the other judges fill in the silence which honestly even they didn't have much to say. So onto the next, she thought slowly raking her fingers through her hair in boredom. She was still surprised that the curl had stayed so long but her thoughts were interrupted when the next trainee entered.

This one was Kihyun. As soon as he started he tugged at Chess's emotions. He was really good at getting the emotions of the song across. It was amazing to listen to and the only thing she wished he'd done differently is use the stage just a bit more but overall she was very impressed. By the time he finished she just had nothing to say to criticize and she just wanted to hear more from his heart wrenching voice. She again let the judges say their peace and they again moved on.

The next couple trainees went by in a similar fashion. Nothing too memorable or enough to really criticize on her part and she was just starting to wonder why sajangnim had ever wanted her to do this in the first place if she had nothing to say to them. Then the next trainee entered. #Gun. She was slightly confused. I mean she got stage names she really did but this was a bit outlandish even for Kpop. What was he supposed to shoot sharp bullets with his rap? Come on. She was just starting to write him off when he got the go ahead to perform. If the judges had said anything to him to begin with she had completely missed it trying to figure out his stupid stage name.

He started rapping and boy did she feel stupid for questioning his stage name. He had so much passion, so much energy, and so much raw emotion in what he was rapping that it dropped her jaw for a second. Cheshire was floored. It was amazing what he was saying, how he was moving, all of it. She couldn't find anything she disliked. It reminded her of some of the older rap she would hear in the U.S. sure but it wasn't a bad old. She found herself enjoying it almost more than she did Jooheon's and that's saying a lot. She just couldn't think of words that could describe what she felt towards this song. But she knew one thing. He was tied with Jooheon in her mind.

It came to an end almost as quickly as it started and as she clapped along with the other judges she couldn't wait to put in her own two cents because she knew that Mad Clown was probably going to tear him apart for sounding old fashioned. She wanted him to know that whether or not Mad Clown liked it not every rapper had the same oppinion. So after Mad Clown finished his statement even saying he liked it she picked up her mic almost too fast considering how he rolled his eyes at her.

"That was awesome... You really know how to reach your audience... Sometimes it can be hard to reach an audience and make them actually feel your emotions with rap but you managed to do that and I was very impressed. I don't care how old fashioned you may have sounded it was reminiscent of the beginnings of rap in the U.S. and it was very well done. I've heard a lot of english artists try and fail to get that same kind of feel in their rap but you did it like it was just second nature and honestly I loved every second of it. You did an amazing job and should really be proud of yourself. At least I think so," As she set the mic down she caught his bright smile and shot back a gummy one of her own before he bowed and thanked her. With a last couple words from K. Will he left the stage and let the next trainee enter.

The next couple trainees went by in the forgetable blur again. Though the last one almost screeched his way into Chess's memory. It sounded terrible but Hyolyn was mean enough for the both of them honestly so she just sat back and let it be. Finally the last trainee of the day came on stage and went through the usual routine. Yoosu was singing an english song so Cheshire perked up and listened intently. Even making sure that she heard every word it was still almost forgetable and since he didn't have bad pronunciation she again just let the other judges state their minds. After Yoosu left the hard part started. The actual judging.

Cheshire almost stayed by the sidelines the whole time not wanting to get in the other judges way until Mad Clown finally just pulled her forward. "What do you think Chess? You always have strong oppinions. What's going on in that weird brain of yours?"

"Don't be mean Oppa! I'll call Unnie on you!" Cheshire pouted in his direction while he simply patted her head again. "Honestly I think Jooheon put on the best performance and Shownu and #Gun are probably tied for second in my book. I think Kihyun was probably 4th in my eyes. Hyungwon I'd say falls somewhere near 5th. These guys were just forgettable to me but this one I'd honestly like to see in last."

Cheshire just kind of shivered as she pushed the screechers picture towards the end of the line. She didn't know how much of her oppinion they would take into account but apparently for the most part they seemed to agree with her. Now all that was left was to announce the rankings and she could finally go home and relax for a week. Her bed was sounding more and more like heaven.

The trainees were called back out and Rhymer was set to announce the rankings when he suddenly made Hyolyn do it. All of the judges laughed and Hyolyn made a snide comment while picking up her mic and anouncing the rankings.

As much as the rankings weren't a surprise to her, Cheshire found herself almost tearing up when Minhyuk started crying and apologizing to his mom and dad. No matter how long she was in Korea it was something she would never see herself getting over, the fact that no matter what their doing the kids here would always apologize to their parents if they weren't in the top rankings. It tore her up. Thankfully they went on to allow the judges remaining to exit and make their way home. Chess wasn't sure she could be there much longer without crying herself and she didn't like the prospect of that.

When her car finally reached her dorm she found that she was the only one still awake or not out enjoying their break but she was happy for the silence. It gave her time to process what she had just done all day. Finally after some much needed dinner, cigarette, and a shower she laid herself down on her bed and went to sleep.

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A/N so hopefully at this point you don't hate me but if you do I'm sorry *pouty face* Yes Cheshire smokes and it kind of plays a part in upcoming chapters so I mentioned it to kind of get you used to the idea lol. Not sure if I'll put up another chapter tonight but I'll see if I can. No promises though. Thanks for reading!