Weekly Idol

We're All Mad Here

"Unnie! You have to wake up! Jinja! We have to go get ready! Ji Eun Unnie will be so angry if you're late again!" Chess groaned and rolled over on her mountain of pillows to look at the time on her phone. It was already 10:30 am. Unfortunately Alice's screechings were correct though. If she didn't move now she would be late and Ji Eun would have her head.

"Arrasseo! I'm up!" Chess stood up and stretched out her body finding it hard not to let a dreamy smile cross onto her face. She was still in a daze after the wonderful first date that Changkyun had planned for them even though that was over a week ago. There was nothing quite like knowing that he cared about her that much already. She couldn't help but giggle to herself at the memory of everything they did together while she was getting dressed and decently presentable. Ten minutes later Chess stepped out of her room to find the other girls gathered at the doorway putting on their shoes to head out for the day.

"I will never understand how it takes you so little time to get ready," Young Ji scoffed as Chess quickly put on her shoes.

"Well unlike you I don't decide to put on make up even though I know the Coordi's are just going to make me wash my face so they can redo it," Chess poked Young Ji's cheek and eye smiled at her.

"Don't you worry about the press though? What if they get pictures of you bare faced?" Alice linked her arm through Chess's and leaned her head on her unnie's shoulder.

"Ahhh the secret to that, my young maknae, is that I couldn't care less. And big sunglasses should I have bags under my eyes," Chess lightly swiped Alice's nose pulling out her oversized sunglasses and putting them on.

"Okay girls I'm sure that's more than enough. We really need to get going now. Dae Suk manager-nim is going to be driving us to the studio so we don't really need to bring your car Unnie. We'll just walk and get our morning exercise. Here, I know you didn't get to eat yet," Sumi handed Chess an oatmeal bar with chocolate chips and Chess gave her the most starry eyed look she could muster.

"Ohhh! Our leader is the bestest in the whole wide world!" Sumi simply rolled her eyes as Chess ran back in quickly not even taking her shoes off to grab her tumbler and fill it with coffee before she left. The girls simply waited by the door and rolled their eyes at her when she returned. They had long since given up on telling her not to wear her shoes in the house, even if it was just for a quick reason, since she was firstly an american and secondly 'not putting up with any of their ' when it came between Chess and her coffee. "Alrighty then girls! Let's do this thing!"

The girls were having a good time walking to the company together. They hadn't really been able to spend a lot of family bonding time together since the end of the tour because of all their schedules and Chess's dating bit, so it was really nice to be able to joke freely around each other again. They walked and laughed and suddenly the topic came around to boys, as it always seemed to do when all the girls were together.

"I wish I could meet someone like you did Unnie. I want a boyfriend so bad," Alice whined and rested her head on Chess's shoulder again, pouting. Chess laughed with the other girls at the maknae's comment.

"Well don't worry I'm sure you'll get to meet Jungkook soon," Alice feebly smacked Chess in her side, only making her laugh more. "What I'm curious about though is what is going on with Bei Lee and Minhyuk. Hmmmm?"

Bei Lee blushed and looked away which made the girls all giggle.

"Ah so the quiet reader has found herself with a crush. Why haven't you told any of us?" Sumi wrapped her arm around the now very embarrassed second youngest and giggled.

"Told us? She didn't have to! Didn't you see her all cuddled up to him at their dorm when we watched the movie?" Young Ji wrapped her arm around the other side of Bei Lee who now had taken to staring at the ground.

"He's just really nice guys... I don't really have a crush... I'm sure it'll pass. I just haven't had a guy be that nice to me outside of the fans in a while."

"Unnie, I'm sure he likes you too! Don't give up hope so quick!" Alice gave her biggest smile while leaning in front of Chess to get a better view of Bei Lee. Though as all the girls were laughing they came up to the gates of Starship and were immediately preyed upon by the press. It seemed that they really had no intrest in anyone but Chess though and swiftly tried to detach her from the others.

"Is it true that you're in a relationship with I.M from Monsta X?"

"Are you aware of the fact that he's 5 years younger than you?"

"Do you really have a thing for younger men?"

"How long have you two been together?"

"Does he know the secrets of your life before debut?"

Chess's blood ran cold. How did they find this out? What were they even using as evidence to speculate off of? They had just officially gotten together a week and a half ago. How did this happen? Before she could even attempt to answer or block any of the questions that had been hurled at her, security guards came in and fished the girls out of the crowd bringing them into the gates. They were escorted up into the building and as soon as she was close to the elevators, Chess's phone rang. It was sajangnim and he hardly waited but Chess to finish saying hello before he started.

"I'm trying to take care of the press as much as I can. Unfortunately it might need to be made public a lot sooner than we thought. I'm not really sure what they're going off of and I know that you two have been careful. I'm going to try to protect you two as much as possible but I don't know that we'll be able to hide your past any more. I'll try to keep that as secret as possible for now but I'm going to give you the choice of whether or not you go public with your relationship. I'm sure that Weekly Idol is going to ask you. I'm going to leave it up to you. Be careful." He hung up before Chess even had the chance to say anything. She slowly pulled the phone away from her ear and when she had really let what he said sink in she dialed Changkyun's number. It rang a couple times before going to voice mail. Why did she have to be right when she had predicted things getting difficult in two weeks?

Chess typed out a quick text hoping that he would be able to see it before she had to film for Weekly Idol so that she knew what to say. She had no real problem with going public but she also didn't want to do anything to jeopardize everything that Changkyun had worked for. They had already lost a whole bunch of fans when the pictures of Wonho clubbing and smoking and drinking underage had come out. She couldn't handle being the reason that they lost more fans.

Getting ready for a show had never been so quick or so blurred in Chess's mind. She was dressed and made up in no time it had seemed and the other girls were done just as quickly. They had been rushed into the van that was taking them to the studio and Dae Suk for the first time in as long as the girls knew him would not shut up. He kept talking about how he hated that the press was harrassing the girls and that there was no reason for them to be digging into their personal lives but Chess's didn't really hear any of it. She kept staring at the phone in her hands waiting for Changkyun to respond to her. She really didn't want to have to do this on her own considering that it was going to affect the both of them. He didn't respond though and when the door to the van opened with Dae Suk letting them know that they had arrived, Chess immediately dialed his number again with no luck. She was going to have to do this on her own.

She had never realized that she had a muscle memory for the hallways leading to the sound stage for Weekly Idol until today. She walked without really seeing what was around her but just so happened to lead the girls to the right place. The girls were told that they would simply be waiting in the wings since it was so close to filming time. Chess took some deep breaths and willed herself back to her normal bubbly and carefree self and was amazed at how easy it was despite the stress she was feeling. She had made her decision as to what she would say if they asked her about her relationship with Changkyun in the hall. She just hoped that everyone would understand but maybe that was just wishful thinking on her part.

Before she knew it, Chess and the girls were called onto the sound stage and they did their greeting and were starting to talk to Connie and Donnie and Chess was actually happy to be on the stage. If there was anything that she wanted to do should, heaven forbid, RI5E break up, it would definitely have to be becoming an MC. She relished in the idea of being on a real show and it was just so much fun to do all the games that they had set up for them. They talked for a while with Sumi about her drama project that she had been working on before moving to Young Ji, who had been in the studio since they got back trying to record a solo album. Connie took extra care in talking to Bei Lee and Alice who had just started a working closely with a charity that helped women who had cancer, making sure to point out the name and how to donate or volunteer or seek them out for help. Then it was all eyes on Chess.

"So Cheshire you're the only one that we haven't heard of a new project from. What are you going to do while the other girls are so busy? I hope you're not going to sleep the whole time. I hear that's bad for your health," Everyone laughed at Donnie's joke and Chess had a gummy smile on her face when she answered.

"Well I've been in contact with a couple different shows that want me to make an appearance but nothing is set in stone yet. Hopefully you'll be seeing me soon though. I'm really trying to get an invitation from Two Days One Night honestly," Chess giggled and Connie went over to look into a camera.

"You see! PDnim, you need to ask her! We really want to work with her!" Everyone laughed again and when it quieted down again Connie asked the question she had been dreading.

"We have to ask though we've been seeing it all over the internet and magazines. What is your relationship with I.M from Monsta X?" Chess took a deep breath and smiled gently at Connie.

"We're just really good friends. We've been hanging out a lot and I've been around the other boys too but I'm just close with I.M, nothing more," With that out of the way the rest of the show ran smoothly and Chess could only hope that she'd be able to tell Changkyun before the show aired. She really just wanted to make sure he understood.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A/N OOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!! She had to deny her relationship!!!!!! What's Changkyun gonna think? We'll find out soon! As always Thank You for Reading! Kamsamnida!