Unexpected Reactions

We're All Mad Here

Chess had been certain that she could deal with it if he rejected her. She definitely knew there'd be no problem if he returned her feelings but this... This was the possibility she had most assuredly not been prepared for. Changkyun was just staring at her, jaw lax, eyes wide and unblinking. He hadn't moved a muscle for what felt like minutes. Chess reached up to wave her hand in front of his face. She really just needed him to respond one way or the other before she could fully relax. Suddenly he shot straight up looking her dead in the eyes.

"You like me? Like me how?" Chess blushed but felt a tad bit hurt at the accusing tone in his voice. She maybe a bit of a prankster but she never played around with emotions, not like this.

"I like you. As in the feeling that eventually grows into love or heartbreak. As in I want to be with you," Chess was actually amazed at herself, she had never been able to be the one to say those words when it came to the guy that she liked. She was always too afraid of rejection to try. For some reason though Changkyun was different, he just made her feel so comfortable.

"You like me. Me? I.M? Lim Changkyun? The trainee you had to protect? Me?" Changkyun pointed at himself and his eyes grew wider with each nod that Chess sent his way. "Wow."

"Ummm.... Well now that I've probably embarassed the hell out of myself, if that's all you have to say I'm going to go bury myself in a nest of pillows and blankets at my dorm until the next ice age," Chess stood up and brushed off her shorts. Sure she wasn't uncomfortable telling him but now that he wasn't answering? She was sure that a boiled lobster had nothing on the red that painted her cheeks.

"Wait!" Chankyun jumped up as fast as he could and grabbed Chess's wrist as she began to turn away. "I'm sorry. I told you, I'm not generally the type of guy that girls want. I've never really been confessed to. I've confessed and gotten turned down plenty of times but no one's ever confessed to me."

"Well then so you're aware the general population doesn't just stare at the person who confessed and ask questions like that. They generally respond with their own feelings whether positive or negative," Chess looked at her feet, she couldn't bring herself to look at him anymore if he was going to stare at her again. Changkyun was apparently not having this though as he hooked his fingers under her chin and lifted it forcing her to look at him.

"I like you too Cheshire. Jinja. I have since that first night I met you. You're beautiful and funny and weird and I haven't been able to stop thinking about you this whole time. I had just kind of resigned myself thinking that you would have chosen to like Giriboy, whose amazing at making music, or Jooheon, who seems to always make you smile when he's around. I never once thought that you would ever be able to feel that way about me. I'm just Changkyun. I'm not all that special or different. I just happened to make it as an idol but that doesn't even make a difference because you're an idol too. I'm just shocked. Like why me?" Changkyun finished sighing and looking towards the ceiling.

"Yah! You Pabo! Of course you're special and different! How many people do you know that would still talk to me about my abusive relationship with the floor after 8 months? You're really funny! And if you haven't noticed you make me smile all the time too and hell sometimes you make me absolutely speechless. So Giri can make music and Jooheon makes me smile, So what? They're my friends! They're some of my closest friends at that but you have managed to worm your way into my heart after only a couple days. You are hot and funny and weird and special and, god knows, you act like a four year old sometimes. I love it! Everything you do is special to me," Chess stood in shock at herself for a moment before trying to turn her head away from him. That didn't happen though because at that moment Changkyun grabbed her face with both of his hands.

Changkyun crashed his lips onto Chess's and she was frozen for a second in shock before she began to kiss him back. There was nothing that could ever taste as sweet as his lips did. She felt like she had forgotten how to breathe. It wasn't a deep kiss but there was so much feeling put into it that she wished it would never end. Eventually though Changkyun pulled back.

"Well I guess I can't say I haven't had a girlfriend anymore," Chess giggled as Changkyun looked at her like he was expecting something.

"I guess so. I mean it'd be hard to explain you just randomly kissing another idol huh? Titles for the win!" Changkyun laughed and Chess smiled softly at him before wrapping her arms around his neck and pulling his face down to hers. "Besides I'm not sure I'd be able to live with myself if I let this chance go."

She pressed her lips to his causing him to wrap his arms around her waist. This kiss was fairly short too but when they pulled apart Changkyun pressed his forehead to Chess's with a bright smile on his face.

"Be careful now you might pull a muscle if you keep smiling like that," Chess poked his cheek earning a chuckle from him.

"I don't think I'll ever be able to get rid of it anymore. What have you done to me yeoja?" He closed his eyes and pulled her even further into his embrace.

"All I did was agree to being your girlfriend Pabo. You act like you've died and gone to heaven," Chess moved her head to rest on his shoulder snuggled into his neck.

"I haven't? I was pretty sure you were an angel."

"Yah! That's so cheesy! You Pabo."

"Why do you always call me a pabo? Why don't you call me Oppa?" Changkyun gave her a smug smirk and eyebrow wiggle as she pulled away smacking him on the arm.

"Because you are a pabo and I'm older than you! You are not my Oppa! I am your Noona! I will never call you that!"

"Well Noona do you want to come out to dinner with me tonight? I'm pretty sure I'm going to die if I don't eat something soon," Changkyun wrapped his arms around her again and pulled her to him so that he could nuzzle his face into her hair.

"I guess so as long as you're not considering this our first date. Seriously I look like quite the bum today and I would like to be able to say I tried on our first date."

"Ah jinja? You look amazing no matter what you wear."

"I'm not even wearing make up today! I want to at least try to look impressive on our first date!" Chess heard him sigh into her neck his warm breath caressing the side of it.

"Arrasseo. I'll take you out for our first date tomorrow." Chess chuckled. Changkyun was many things but she hadn't figured him to be this persistent. "Well what do you want to eat tonight? I'm still hungry."

"Uggghhh... Don't ever ask me what I want. I never know unless I'm really craving something which rarely happens. I'm happy with pretty much whatever as long as there's no onions. Blechhhh." Chankyun laughed as he pulled away.

"Okay then let's go get chinese," He watched as Chess went over and grabbed her bag and phone from where she had them placed on top of the small table in the room.

"I guess that's fine. There's a pretty good chinese place near my dorm if you want to go that way." Changkyun reached out and grabbed her hand interlocking their fingers.

"Sounds good to me. Lead the way Noona," Chess rolled her eyes at the smug smile he gave her.

"If you're going to be an about it I'm going to make you call me an english pet name." Changkyun chuckled and knocked her shoulder with his.

"I'll call you whatever you want me to babe." Chess looked away from him slightly blushing. She felt like one of those modest Manga heroines always blushing at the things he said to her. Despite her red cheeks Changkyun took the oppurtunity to place a peck on her temple as they exited the practice room to wait on the elevator. Neither one of them noticed that Jooheon had rounded the corner before turning to hide behind it when he noticed them holding hands.

 

Dinner had been a short and sweet affair with a whole bunch of Changkyun talking about his past at Chess's urging, which he obliged since she had just opened up so much to him. When they left both of them were all smiles and laughter with Changkyun's arm around Chess's shoulder and hers around his waist. They walked the short distance to her dorm in relative silence, just enjoying each others company.

"Well seeing as it's only 7 would you like to come up? Maybe watch a movie or just talk? I can't promise that the girls won't bother us but it should be at least kind of interesting," Chess giggled a bit nervously as she played with Changkyun's fingers.

"I guess if you want me to... I don't want to impose on you guys," Changkyun looked up at the building that held her dorm, gulping, almost as nervous as Chess was.

"I would really like it if you did. And I doubt any of the girls would think of it as imposing. Strange, maybe, since you're the first guy to come over but not imposing. Just don't let Alice get a hold of you. From what I saw before I left this morning she's in a cuddle mood and I don't feel like fighting her today," Chess laughed lightly pulling him towards the doors of the complex.

"Don't worry. You'll never have to fight another girl for my attention," Changkyun pulled her back to him to give her a swift back hug before following her inside. They made their way quickly to her dorm and she opened the door poking her head inside to see if the girls were entirely decent first.

"Hey Young Ji? You might wanna go change or throw on a sweatshirt or something," Chess said making sure that Changkyun wasn't trying to look inside.

"Why? What are you doing?" Young Ji sent her a confused look before getting up and heading towards the hall closet to grab a sweater.

"Uhhh.... I have a guest?"

"What kind of guest do I have to change for?" Young Ji slowly pulled the sweater over her head, making Chess sigh in anguish at her.

"Well.... Umm... I guess you should actually go get Sumi first... She's gonna want to know this. Make sure she's fully dressed too though!" Chess yelled at Young Ji who was already heading down the hall to the room she shared with Sumi. It didn't take too long for them to show back up in the living room waiting for Chess to come in. She glanced back at Changkyun to give him a nervous smile before interlocking their fingers again and walking inside.

"Uhhhh.... Unnie? What's up with this?" Sumi kept looking between Chess and Changkyun and their hands.

"Omo! Unnie are you finally dating!? Yay!" Alice ran up and locked herself onto Chess's side while Sumi and Young Ji eyed her suspiciously from across the room. Bei Lee just gave her a supportive grin before turning back to whatever manga she was reading.

"Uh.... So you guys all know Changkyun..... He's.... ummm.... He's my new namjachingu..." Chess looked over at Changkyun and blushed a bit. Her nerves were definitely getting to her.

"Are you sure this is a good idea?" Young Ji was looking at her with a very concerned face.

"Well I'm pretty sure it would have been worse had he been just a normal guy but I mean a lot of people were even shipping us after No.Mercy aired so it couldn't be that bad right? We're gonna have to tell sajangnim and see what he thinks about it but I don't see how this could actually be a bad idea."

"Okay well I guess if you've thought this through and you're prepared to potentially deal with the consequences then it doesn't matter what we say. Chughahabnida." With that last word Sumi had given them as much of her blessing as they were going to get prompting the other girls to do the same. Chess couldn't have been happier.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A/N Well... I guess that just happened. This took me like three days to write so I'm sorry if it's not super amazing but I really kind of liked it myself. As always Thank You for Reading! Kamsamnida!