Judging???

We're All Mad Here

A/N

So we're all aware english will be written like this

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

 

“You want me to judge what? Are you joking?” Cheshire couldn’t believe what she had just heard. Was sajangnim crazy? She had only debuted a little less than two years ago. Not only that she was very much the only American Kpop idol that was currently in existence. “Are you sure that this is a good idea? Won’t there be a lot of backlash from the nietzens?”

 

“I’ve already thought that through Chess. I think this will probably be one of the best ways to actually show that you know your stuff. I think it’d be pretty hard to hate on you so long as you actually keep yourself objective and focus strictly on the performance aspect itself,” Si Dae sajangnim looked her dead in her eyes, still noting that her trademark grin never once faltered though he could sense that it held some sarcastic undertones now. “Chess, we’ve been over this. You have fans. Die hards even. You shouldn’t worry too much about the haters. They don’t even compare to the fanbase that RI5E has garnered. I really want you to do this for me. Do you think I would have approved you debuting if you hadn’t known what you were doing? I think that you would have a great ability to connect more with the trainees than K. Will can.”

 

“But sajangnim… I just…. I don’t know… I’m not completely comfortable being a judge… I mean I don’t even know how to tell people things if I think it will even slightly hurt their feelings but you want me to potentially be the vote that could end their careers?” Chess was starting to get nervous. She knew in the end she would have no choice but to be a judge whether by her own volition or if sajangnim practically ordered her to, though she knew he was trying to get her to just agree on her own. It seemed he had a bit of a sweet spot for her and often tried to make sure that she was as comfortable as possible in the company whether that was letting her slide on some of the general rules for his new idols, like no tattoos and no going out alone, or just trying to not make her do anything she was uncomfortable with. He just sat in his chair across his desk from her with an almost pleading look in his eye before she finally just sighed. “Ugghhhhhhh…… Fine! But I withhold the ability to stop if I get too much backlash in the comments!”

 

“You know I would never let it get that far,” Si Dae sajangnim chuckled at her showing his brightest eye smile, the one that always made her feel like she was his favorite child or something. Honestly that description wasn’t too far off. He had always liked to protect her as much as was possible. She was his biggest risk in the company but he also saw her as his highest potential. She was after all the first of her kind being a white american female in an industry strictly devoted to the asian people. “You start filming tomorrow they just got ranked for their monthly evaluations last week. And should be prepared for their mission by now.”

 

“Tomorrow? Jinja? Sajangnim couldn’t you have given me some more heads up?” She rolled her eyes with a smirk still plastered to her face. He just laughed he knew she was just nervous, after all that’s why he had waited till the last minute to tell her. With one final groan she stood and bowed. “I assume that’s all you had to tell me?”

 

“Well not really. The last thing is that RI5E will be taking a one month break to give you some time to adjust to your new judging position and then you will be back in the studio for your first full length album. The fans keep demanding it. Don’t think we can wait any longer on it,” Si Dae sajangnim laughed again as he watched her eyes and smile widen to show exactly how excited she was.

 

Oh my god!!!!!!!!! Jinja? Kamsamnida!” Chess bowed three or four more times before finally getting waved off by the man still seated across from her. As she headed out of the office door she heard sajangnim tell her to let the others in on the news to which she nodded while closing the door before running to the elevator. Once she was finally alone in the elevator and had pressed the floor number where their practice room was she finally allowed herself a moment of joy, jumping up and down and squealing to herself. She couldn’t believe it. A full length album! Hadn’t they just come off of their second mini? Wasn’t this a little quick in the idol world? She kept having these questions come up in her mind but always pushed them away. Who cares? The fans are apparently demanding it! She could not believe it! 

 

Before she knew it the elevator opened to her floor and she went directly to the glass door that held RI5E's practice room. As soon as she opened it she was accosted with a loud high pitched wail of "Unnie!!!!!"

 

Alice was known to be a very demanding Maknae but she was rather adorable to be perfectly honest and Cheshire couldn't help but open up her arms as the youngest threw herself into them.

 

"What happened this time? Was Sumi being mean to you?" Chess looked over to their leader who just scoffed and turned her glare to the oldest.

 

"I am never mean, demanding maybe but mean? Ani," Sumi turned back to look at the mirror and began practicing whatever dance move she had been working on.

 

"No it was Bei Lee! She stole my snacks! Unnie! Don't roll your eyes! They're my favorite!" Alice pulled the best pout she could at Chess as the latter just patted the formers back.

 

"Bei Lee at least ask before you take them you know how sensitive Alice can be," Chess's comment earned her a gasp from the maknae as she realeased her death grip on Chess's waist. Bei Lee simply shrugged and kept reading whatever magazine had her curled up in the corner today.

 

"Okay guys where's Young Ji? I have something to tell you guys. Well more like two somethings but you get the idea," Chess clapped her hands and went to go sit near the corner that held Bei Lee as Alice and Sumi came to sit forming an almost circle with a spot open for the missing middle child of the group.

 

"She should be back soon I think I heard something about needing the bathroom," As soon as Sumi finished her sentence the door opened with Young Ji entering and swiftly taking her spot in the now complete pseudo circle on the floor.

 

"What's going on?" Young Ji was glancing around the circle as if trying to figure out if it was her fault the 'family' meeting had been called.

 

"Calm down I was waiting on you to tell them too," Chess being the strange one she was paused for a bit of dramatic effect before realizing that Sumi was about to stand up again and thus end the meeting. "So we have a month of a break because I am going to be a judge on that show that the higher ups are making. You know that No.Mercy thing? But after our break we're going back to the studio to... get this! Record, I you not, a full... length... album!!!!!!!!!"

 

All the girls paused and just stared at the eldest as if she was pulling some sick joke. Chess honestly felt a little offended, she was knowing for pulling some stupid jokes but come on she would never joke about this! As soon as the others realized that there was no sarcasm in her permenant smile they all started squealing and screaming the highest notes that Chess had ever heard. 

 

"We need to use this month to write then I guess! Oh my god, do you think you'll be able to handle writting your raps and judging?" Sumi ever the leader started planning the rest of her month off as though she wouldn't even take the long needed and deserved break. None of which surprised the girls in the least, it's how she always was.

 

"I think I can handle my part. Apparently they only have missions once a week and tomorrow is their first one of course. Because, you know, I never need time to process anything and apparently having to help eliminate people who are working their asses off for debut is just not something I need to process," Chess just rolled her eyes and stood beginning to stretch out her muscle to begin a much needed dance practice to clear her slightly nervous energy.

 

"You'll be fine it's not like they didn't know what they were signing up for when they decided to be on the show," Bei Lee may have been the lazy second youngest of the group but she really was the voice of reason that Chess generally needed. Chess had a really bad habit of over thinking things or just not thinking at all, there was no middle ground with her. She assumed that was most of the reason why they all agreed she was the 4D member of the group but hey, at least she had fun with it.

 

"I guess it's just hard for me to be any kind of critical to people I don't really know. I mean I know that they've been trainees for a long time too and that kind of bugs me. When I auditioned you guys were just waiting for a fifth member so you could debut and they just chose me for some god forsaken reason and that meant I was only a trainee for four months. I just feel like they won't appreciate me telling them what to work on let alone eliminating them," Cheshire still had a lot of insecurities dealing with her trainee days specifically the fact that she didn't have to wait nearly as long as 95% of the others in the company had. She was really glad to have the girls though as they immediately hugged her (Sumi lightly smacking her upside her head).

 

"Who cares what they think about that? You proved you were ready and those four months were hell on you and we all know that. Not to mention that you've worked yourself to death since to make sure there's nothing anyone could say about it. You are an idol for a reason. It doesn't matter how long it took, you deserve what you've gotten for all your hardwork," Young Ji had this basically memorized she had said it so many times to Cheshire, though it was never lost on the latter how much she genuinely meant it.

 

"Thanks guys... I guess all that's left is to just practice until I can't stay awake anymore," Chess laughed and the girls started warming up for their last practice of the night. Chess tried to keep her mind and body occupied for the rest of the night to the point that when they finally made it back to their dorm she passed out as soon as her head hit her pillow.

 

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A/N Just in case you were wondering here are RI5E's Pseudo profiles

 

Cheshire

Birthday: 91.01.01

Sign: Capricorn

Height: 172cm (5'8")

Blood type: O

Position: Main Rapper/Vocals

Weight: 61Kg (135 lbs)

 

Sumi

Birthday: 92.10.26

Sign: Scorpio

Height: 157cm (5'2")

Blood type: A

Position: Leader/Vocals

Weight: 50Kg (110 lbs)

 

Young Ji

Birthday: 93.03.10

Sign: Pisces

Height: 158cm (5'2")

Blood Type: B

Position: Visual/Vocal

Weight: 50Kg (110 Lbs)

 

Bei Lee

Birthday: 94.03.26

Sign: Aries

Height: 165cm (5'4")

Blood Type: A

Position: Visual/Vocal

Weight: 53Kg (119 Lbs)

 

Alice

Birthday: 95.05.19

Sign: Taurus

Height: 166cm (5'4")

Blood Type: O

Position: Maknae/Vocals/Rap

Weight: 53Kg (119 Lbs)