Friends and Stalkers

We're All Mad Here

A/N This entire chapter is in English so I'm not going to bother with the italics this time just so everyone is aware.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

“Scarlett! Oh my god! I missed you so much! How could you just disappear like that? We thought that you had gotten hurt or something! Don't ever, ever, ever do that to me again!” Kelsey squealed at her highest pitch, almost tackling Chess to the ground in a tight hug.

“Yeah I know. I was a pretty terrible friend for a while. I'm sorry,” Kelsey smiled at Chess's apology and handed her off to Sara who hugged her but not before lightly smacking her arm.

“You think after twenty years you can get rid of me that easy?” The girls all laughed and went into Christina's house to catch up. Ezra, who had driven Chess, and a few of the guards he had brought with them were stationed outside of the house to be on the look out for anything suspicious.

The girls all spent time filling Chess in on all the things that she had missed while she had disappeared on them. Three of their friends, including Kelsey, had gotten married, Sara had finally moved out of her mom's house but was still living on their land, and Christina had moved into the house with her fiance. A lot more had been mentioned but those were the important points that Chess had gleaned from their talk.

“Hey Scar? Do you remember that guy that used to creep on you so bad in high school? What was his name?” Christina asked as she brought the girls a glass of wine each. It may have only been noon but in Christina's world that meant it was no longer morning and therefore it was okay to drink.

“You mean Hamilton? The one that followed me home one day?” Chess sipped her wine and gave Christina a confused look.

“Yeah! That one! Do you happen to remember his last name?” Christina said leaning over the coffee table a bit more.

“I think it was Andrews. Why?”

“I think he just moved in a couple houses down from here actually. I saw him walking around the neighborhood while I was taking the pups for a walk. I saw him go into the blue house on the corner actually,” Christina's words made Chess's blood run cold. Hamilton had never really done anything menacing to her or anything but he really creeped her out. There was just something not quite right about the guy.

“Well I just hope he doesn't remember me. I'm not exactly ready to have to deal with him after everything. I mean, , I've got to have security just to come to your house now,” The girls all chuckled a bit at Chess's words even if they were true.

“My how things have changed, huh?” At Kelsey's words the girls went back to catching up and asking Chess about how her life was as a celebrity, even going into how it was being with Changkyun. They all laughed together and had a great time telling each other about all the things they had missed. All in all it was as if the years Chess had been gone hadn't even happened.


 

Chess spent the entire day at Christina's, even after all the others had gone home. Before she knew it Christina asked her if she wanted to go take the dogs for a walk around the neighborhood with her. She almost got into a physical fight with Ezra, knowing she would have lost, about not taking the guards with her. He only relented because there were going to be two rather large and intimidating looking dogs with her. As they walked Christina filled Chess in on all the gossip around the small 17 house neighborhood.

“Mrs. Peterson had a heart attack while she was gardening about a month back and the entire neighborhood got together to take care of her garden while she was in the hospital. It was actually pretty nice but Jennifer seemed to think that she was the say all end all of gardening and didn't let anyone do anything without her supervision. The worst part was that she definitely killed Mrs. Peterson's rose bush,” Christina and Chess laughed a bit before they both looked up and saw the blue house on the corner. “Maybe he won't be home.”

“I doubt it. I think my luck for this year is just plain horrid,” Just as the words left Chess's mouth, she spotted a man coming out from the garage towards the mailbox. It was almost like he had timed it honestly. “Oh god. That really is him.”

“Don't worry we can always just make an excuse and run away,” Christina reassured as Chess's arm stiffened where it was wrapped around her own.

“Hey there neighbor! Got a friend with you today huh?” Hamilton looked at the girls before widening his eyes in recognition. “Good Lord is that you Scarlett? How have you been? I haven't seen you since what? Junior year of high school?”

“Yeah, something like that,” Chess's answer was stiff and even the dogs could feel the tension in her voice.

“I was really sorry to hear about what happened to your family. I tried to send a card but I guess you had already moved by then. Didn't you start doing something in the music industry overseas?” Christina felt Chess's grip on her arm tighten even more as she tried to come up with a good enough excuse to leave without upsetting the guy. Who knew what he was really capable of?

“Yeah I'm a part of a Kpop band actually,” Chess could have slapped herself. Why would she tell him that? It's not like she needed a sasaeng in her life.

“Speaking of which. Don't you need to get back to your guard before he comes chasing after you guns blazing?” Chess couldn't have ever loved anyone as much as she loved Christina in that exact moment.

“Yeah. Sorry, uh-”

“Hamilton. Hamilton Andrews.”

“Sorry Hamilton I really need to get back now,” With a slight wave and bow the two girls walked away as swiftly as they could without drawing too much attention to how freaked out they were. Neither of them saw the devious smirk on Hamilton's face or the fact that he didn't once open the mailbox.

When the girls had finished their walk it was time for Chess to leave with promises of coming back to visit the next day and taking Christina on a shopping spree when she was able to get out of the house next. After a long hug, a short car ride and an irritating wait at the elevators Chess was finally alone on her floor heading towards her room. The bodyguards, while necessary, were definitely very irritating to have to have around all the time so she had sent them to their floor without seeing her off. She was certain that nothing could happen to her when she was less than a 60 yards away.

As Chess made her way down the hallway towards her room a figure in all black emerged from the staircase. Though it was a bit unsettling that she couldn't see his face, Chess brushed off her anxiety. It wasn't as if she was the only room on the floor. So when the figure started to move more quickly towards her it was confusing to say the least. When he reached out to grab her arm it was panicking. When he pressed a cloth to her heart stopped for a moment before her vision went black. The figure took Cheshire in his arms as carefully as he would a child who had fallen asleep in the car and carried her down the stairs and into his car.


 

When Ezra reached the door to his room he realized that he was still holding onto Chess's phone that she had made him take so that she wouldn't pester her boyfriend while he was on tour. With a sigh he lightly hit his head on his door before turning to go up to her room. Instead of taking the elevator, which was bound to take forever, he took the stairs. It was only one floor up but from all the way on the fifteenth floor Ezra still heard the door on the bottom floor open. He quickly made his way out of the stairwell and into the hallway to notice that something was wrong immediately. Chess's purse was in the middle of the hallway in front of her door.

Ezra's training kicked in at that moment and he sprinted down the hallway to knock on Chess's door. When no response came he yelled that he was coming in and used the key he had kept on him to open the door. Chess was nowhere inside. He immediately called all of the guards that had just gone to their respective rooms to rest on their cellphones to have them meet him upstairs. No more than two minutes later three other large men in black suits came barreling out of the stairwell to meet their boss.

“Cheshire is gone. Her bag was in the middle of the hallway so we should assume that she has been kidnapped. I will go down to the lobby to try and get a look at the hallway cctv footage. Rhodes go down to the lobby and see if anyone has seen her or if she's in the bar, Johnson start searching floors to see if there's any sign of her, and Lawrence you go down to the bottom of that staircase and see where it goes. If any of you find any trace of her radio me immediately,” Once he finished speaking the guards went off to perform their respective duties and Ezra went to the security office in the basement level. Luckily hotel security had agreed to help him in his quest to find the missing rapper. As hotel security pulled up the footage for him, Lawrence's voice came over the ear piece of his radio.

“Ezra, you're not going to like this. The stairwell leads to the parking lot across the street and I found the necklace she was wearing in one of the empty spots. I'm pretty sure she's been kidnapped. None of the people I came across in the deck have seen her either,” Ezra slammed his fist into the table, startling the poor hotel security guard.

“I need that footage now! She's been kidnapped and I need to see who did it!” The poor guard was shaking a bit as he put the footage of the hallway onto the main screen and played it. They watched as and unsuspecting Cheshire was knocked out and carried out of the hall. Had it not been for one screw up on the captor's part it would have been practically impossible to find her but now Ezra knew exactly where to start. Hamilton's anxious face had peeked out from under his hat when he had turned to open the stairwell door. Ezra was going to kill him.


 

When Chess finally came to, her head was pounding. It was almost as bad as when she woke up from the accident. It took her a couple of moments to fully come around but when she did all she could do was panic. Her wrists and ankles were tied to a chair that appeared to be bolted to the ground. Then she remembered the man in black. She felt her stomach knot and twist in a way that she was sure she would be sick. How could someone do this? She had heard the horror stories from other idols but she had never imagined that it could really be taken this far. As she continued to try to figure a way out of her situation the large metal door in front of her opened up. She could see the man standing there but she couldn't make out his face. She could make out the hanger of clothes in his left hand and the large knife in his right hand.

“I'm so happy I got the chance to see you again Scarlett. You have no idea how much I missed you,” Hamilton's voice was smooth like he was talking to a lover but that didn't stop the chill from running down Chess's spine. What in the world was she supposed to do now?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A/N Hey guys! I'm back! I'm sorry that it took sooooooo long but I couldn't help it I've had writer's block like nobodies business! I think this will last another five chapters and it will be done. I'm trying to finish this nicely though and don't want to make it too rushed... Sorry for the delay I promise I'll try to get this one done as soon as possible! As Always Thank You for Reading! Kamsamnida!