Movies and Anxiety

We're All Mad Here

Cheshire and Changkyun had finally managed to pry Alice off of 'her unnie' and make their way towards Chess's room for a bit of privacy. Sure they had practically gotten the girls' blessings but that didn't mean that they didn't keep inspecting them like they were some sort of exhibit at the zoo. Chess couldn't blame them though, she was going to be the first one to actually make an attempt at dating someone since they had debuted. None of them had any idea what to expect out of it. Chess just didn't feel like having to feel their eyes on her anymore though, it was just unnerving. 

"Well that went better than I thought it would have..." Changkyun sighed as soon as Chess shut her door. She immediately regretted this as her room was a complete pig sty though and it would have taken her hours to clean at this point. She really needed to hire a maid.

"I guess so. I just wish they wouldn't look at me like I had suddenly turned into a freaking unicorn. It's not like it's that strange that people date," Chess plopped down on her bed as Changkyun looked around her room chuckling at the disarray.

"Well maybe they're just worried about you and your reputation... I mean you are technically craddle robbing... Cougar..."

"YAH! You're not THAT much younger than me! Okay, maybe five years is a little bit big of an but it's not like you're still in high school or something! Ugghhhh.... You're making me regret my decision already! How can you do that? It's been like three hours since I told you how I felt and I'm already wishing I had just chosen the easy route..." Chess flopped back onto her bed and stared at the ceiling.

"What do you mean? What easy route?" Changkyun slowly walked over to sit down next to her and watched as she rolled her eyes before sitting back up.

"You do realize that Shownu told me about the fight in the elevator right? And about dinner that night? I knew you three liked me before you mentioned it in the practice room. You boys made my life even more difficult even if just for a few hours... The easy route would have been to just have chosen Giriboy. He's the closest to me and it would have been simpler. He's also only a few days younger than me. I couldn't honestly tell you why you stood out more. You are all so much alike it's crazy. Just... From now on if you could just not mention the age difference that'd be great, it's actually really hard for me to not think about it. If Sajangnim approves of this and we do go public it is going to be something that the press is going to focus on so much and I'm not sure I'm ready to deal with it so I'd like it if we could just pretend it's not a thing," Chess slowly turned to look at him.

"Okay I get it. I can't believe Shownu ratted on us but I get it. No matter what gets said though I'm always going to be here for you. If it gets too hard for you just let me know I'll do all I can. I just want to make sure you're smiling, actually smiling, not the fake ones that you put on sometimes. I won't let anything happen to you. I'll always protect you," Changkyun pulled Chess to him placing a light kiss on her hair before resting his chin on her head. "So you said something about a movie."

"You pabo. I've got a metric ton of movies. Any idea what kind of movie you want to watch?" Chess chuckled before standing to walk over to her wall filled with DVD's.

"What's your favorite?"

"Movie or genre?"

"Genre."

"I really like horror movies. I've got a lot of those," Chess turned to look at him over her shoulder.

"I guess a horror movie sounds good then. Do you have anything that's actually scary though?" Changkyun leaned back on his hands lifting an eyebrow to her.

"Well what kind of scary? Like serial killer scary or paranormal scary?"

"Paranormal."

"Hmmm... I've got 'The Conjuring', 'Insidious', 'Dead Silence', or 'The Haunting in Conneticut'"

"I haven't seen 'Dead Silence' before," Chess turned around to fully face him.

"Jinja?! I love that movie! It's more so scary because I have a ridiculous fear of ventriloquist dolls but it is really freaky," Chess turned back to the wall and grabbed the movie before heading over to her TV and getting everything set for it to play.

"I've heard about it but never really got the chance to watch it. If you like it that much though then it must be at least decent," Changkyun chuckled softly as Chess came back over to the bed with remotes in hand.

"It really is. Uh.. Sorry I don't really have any chairs or anything. We can just sit on the bed if you want. That's usually what I do, just more like nesting than sitting," Changkyun pulled her down onto the bed and wrapped his arms around her.

"I'll nest with you anyday.... Could you explain what nesting is though?" Chess giggled and pulled herself away from him starting to set up her multitude of pillows so that they were up against the wall and surrounding the two of them.

"Basically it's just snuggling in bed with pillows and blankets. Maybe just a little bit more in depth," Chess giggled and pulled her blankets over to her and scooted herself back to rest against the wall of her room as Changkyun did the same.

"I see. I think I like this idea. I get to cuddle with you right or is that not nesting?" He let out a deep laugh at his own comment and the eye roll he got in return.

"Pabo. Just get comfy so I can start the damn movie," As soon as she said this he positioned himself right next to her and pulled her to have her back resting against his chest.

"I'm comfy now."

"Pabo," Once again Chess rolled her eyes and started the movie.

 

After the movie the night before, Changkyun left to go back to his dorm but not before making sure to give Chess a tight hug and swift peck on the lips. They had agreed that they would go to tell Sajangnim this morning though and Chess was now freaking the hell out. She really had no idea how this would go and she was scared that she had just gone through the headache of choosing and worrying about how to tell Changkyun and the others, which still needed to happen, for nothing. She had fretted the entire time she was getting ready and all the way to Starship but when she got there and saw Changkyun waiting for her in the lobby she felt a little bit of the tension leave her body.

"You ready for this?" Changkyun's voice was as tense as Chess felt and it wasn't all that helpful in keeping the stress at bay.

"Ready as I could be. Why does it feel like we're going to court?" Chess shook her head lightly as she began the trek to the elevator that was going to deliver her to the lion's den that was Sajangnim's office.

"Because we're going to get the verdict on whether or not this is okay. It'll be okay though. He has no reason to say no," Changkyun sounded more like he was trying to convince himself more than anything and all Chess did was nod in return. They went the rest of the way in silence, only speaking to tell the secretary that they needed to see Si Dae sajangnim. She nodded at them and picked up the phone briefly speaking into the receiver before telling them to go on in. Chess took a deep breath before opening the door.

Si Dae sajangnim was sitting behind his desk putting some papers into a file quickly before looking up and smiling at the two. His eyes darted between the two with a questioning look.

"Annyeong. What brings you two here this morning?" He stood as Chess and Changkyun bowed to him in greeting. He motioned at the chairs in front of the desk for them to sit. Chess sat down quickly to keep herself from shaking. She didn't think that this would be so nerve wracking but she just couldn't control her anxiety. This would either be a beautiful start to a relationship with Changkyun or a swift and early demise of it.

"Well Sajangnim.... Ummm... Changkyun and I... Well we came here because we have discovered that we have... umm... feelings for each other... We were hoping that you would approve us being in a relationship.... I know that he's still a new debut and that that might be difficult but I also know that apparently a lot of fans really want us to be in a relationship too and I thought that maybe that'd be enough for you to okay it..." Chess heard her voice and was surprised at the meekness of it. She thought she could have at least kept her voice strong even if she was on the verge of an anxiety attack.

Sajangnim looked between the two again, eyebrows furrowed deep in thought. It felt like they sat there forever, at least in Chess's mind. Just before she started to hyperventilate under Sajangnim's thoughtful gaze he finally spoke.

"You are right the comments about No.Mercy included a lot about people wanting to see you two together but I'm just worried. He is a new debut and most times we have a dating ban for the first few years just to get them accustomed to the life. I know that you know how to handle yourself by this point Cheshire but I worry that your relationship will interfer in his work," Sajangnim held up his hand to silence Changkyun who looked like he was about to speak. "I know you would try not to let it but there's still a chance it could and it's simply worrisome. I want to support you both but I just don't know if this is a good idea. Not to mention the fact that you're so much older Chess. I know you generally don't let things bother you but this is going to be something that the press will try to use to tear you apart. I think your career could handle it but I'm concerned about how you personally would. Besides what would happen should you break up? What if it was early on? I don't know. I want you to be perfectly clear here, I want you both to be happy but I also don't want either of you to end up throwing away all that you've worked for."

"Sajangnim, I'm new to all of this. To being an idol, to being in a relationship, all of it. So I know that I really don't know very much about anything in this situation but I do know that I care about Cheshire. I have since I met her. I want to protect her, be her support, and make sure that she gets everything that she deserves, and she deserves a lot of things. I want to be able to be the one that's there for her. I know that this will be hard. I know that it's risky for you. Even if you say no I'm still going to be just as close to her because I refuse to let her walk out of my life just like that. I won't. So please, Sajangnim, please just give us your blessing," Chess was really moved by Changkyun's words. He was very sincere but at the same time Sajangnim had brought up some valid points that Chess didn't think about. She didn't ever want to be the reason that he failed as an idol. She would never be able to forgive herself if that happened. She was beginning to feel very insecure about her own feelings now too. Sure, she liked him, there was no doubt in her mind about that but did she like him as much as he apparently liked her? What he just said made it sound like she was his entire world adn she wasn't sure that she could say something like that with that much sincereity right now.

Changkyun turned and looked at Chess grabbing her hand to interlock finger and looked at her so caringly and gently. Her insecurities flew from her mind as though they had never been there in the first place. If they ever ran into trouble in their relationship or careers they would deal with it then. That's what Chess did best anyways right? Procrastinate? She smiled gently at Changkyun before turning back to Sajangnim.

"We'll be able to make this work. I really want this Sajangnim," Her words must have been the last thing that Si Dae sajangnim needed because he heaved out a low sigh.

"Well I guess I have no choice but to give my blessing, do I?"

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A/N Mianhe! I know this took a ridiculously long time for me to actually update but I was having trouble figuring out a transition. I think the next one might take some time too but I am trying really hard to get it up asap. At the latest I think I'll be updating next week but I'm hoping to have it done at some point tonight. As always Thank You for Reading! Kamsamnida!