Dreams or Nightmares?

We're All Mad Here

A/N So we're going back to Chess's point of view here but we're starting when she out from the accident so bear with me I promise it is important.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Chess could feel her body floating but couldn't grasp why it would be. Hadn't she just been in a massive car accident? Shouldn't she be feeling some kind of pain? She immediately opened her eyes, only to see darkness and a thick gray fog. She was dead wasn't she? So much for there being a light at the end of the tunnel.

"Please. As if you'd be useful enough to die," Chess whipped her head around and found Sumi standing a few feet away from her, almost entirely engulfed in fog. "I don't know what Si Dae sajangnim ever saw in you. You are the least qualified idol that has ever existed and you're just holding us back. Do you even know how much more we could have achieved by now if you hadn't joined? You're pathetic."

Chess knew that Sumi could be a at times but this, this was far worse than she had ever been. Before Chess could try to answer though Sumi was gone and another voice came fro her side.

"You aren't half as smart as you think you are. You think that I have you check my brain games to correct me? Ha! I do it so maybe you'll learn something. You think that just because you speak two languages you're smart? Your Korean isn't even that good. I'm amazed anyone can tell what you're saying half the time." Young Ji disappeared just like Sumi had, before Chess even had the chance to speak. Chess could feel the tell tale burning of unshed tears as she turned to face another voice.

"If you hadn't been apart of RI5E, I would have judged No.Mercy. I would have been able to be with Minhyuk but you had to get with Changkyun and ruin my chances. Do you really think any of the guys want anything to do with us after what you've done?" Bei Lee disappeared but Chess couldn't hold it in anymore. She screamed as loud as she could, hoping Bei Lee would hear her.

"I didn't mean to hurt anyone! I love him!" Chess was crying and breathing heavily when the next voice sounded.

"You can't even love yourself. How are you supposed to love someone else?" It was Alice but her words were much more harsh than Chess had ever heard them. "It doesn't even matter anyways. If anyone gets close to you they just end up hurt or dead. Hell, you couldn't even protect your own family. What makes you think that the same thing won't happen to us? We'd be better off if you weren't around."

Chess fell to her knees as Alice disappeared. She couldn't believe what was happening. Why would they say these things? Why were they all degrading her? This couldn't be real right?

"Of course it's real Chess. Why wouldn't it be? You've screwed all of us over simply by existing. Why couldn't you have just died with your family? The world would probably be a better place," Chess looked up into Shownu's face that normally held a gentle bunny smile for her but now only held a scowl like he was disgusted. "Because of you one of my members can't even perform correctly. I don't even know what about you is making it so difficult for him to get over. You're worthless. He'd have been better off with a Sasaeng than you."

"I don't even know why I bothered to teach you anything. You're the most talentless person I have ever seen. Not to mention how amazingly disrespectful you are. You think that I hang around you because I care? No. I'm there to make sure you don't say something stupid and offend someone important," Chess snapped her head to look at Mad Clown who was looking at her like she was trash on the sidewalk. "You're so pathetic. I don't even know why we bother with you."

"You think it's easy to make sure you don't up? Huh? I've been cleaning up your messes for a really long time. I'm surprised that anyone could even stand to be close to you. Hell, I don't know what I even ing saw in you in the first place," Giri's was the shortest but probably the most hurtful of all. He was her best friend. How could he say all that?

"It's easy to say all that when it's true. God, you would have been so much fun to play with but you just had to choose the Maknae huh? You could have at least let me have some fun with you first you know. I guess it's all for the better though. Who even knows how many guys you were with before," Jooheon's face was so hard and dark that it broke Chess's heart just to look at. The last voice though, it killed her a bit inside.

"You just couldn't let me have my fun could you? I knew I should have tried to move quicker. , you would have been the easiest lay. I should have just hit it and quit it. You were so desperate weren't you? So desperate to have someone act like they cared about you again. Maybe if you hadn't been so desperate you would have seen that you were being easy. Damn it would have been good though. I can't believe you thought I really cared about you like that. What were you expecting? That we'd be together forever? That we'd get married and have some kids? Ha! You're not even Korean! Do you really think I could have taken you home to my parents? God you're such a pabo. How have you even survived this long?" Chess covered her ears and screamed. This couldn't be real. There was no way. Changkyun would never have said those things to her.

"This isn't real! This isn't true! They all care about me! They do!" Chess screamed as loud as she could but all she could hear was Changkyun's condescending laughter. There wasn't anything more painful for her than hearing him say he didn't care about her. Eventually the laughter faded away and she continued to cry, still covering her ears, not wanting to hear more. She eventually felt a hand on her shoulder though which was strange. None of them had touched her, so why would they start now? What else could there be for them to say? Chess eventually turned to look seeing as the person seemed to be adamant about not leaving until they got their say. Her eyes almost bugged out of her head and and her jaw dropped. This couldn't be happening. Why would he be there? He's not going to blame her and make her feel worse was he? He ginned and chuckled gently.

"Now, Scarlett, when did I ever blame you? It wasn't your fault," Chess's eyes, that had somewhat dried in her surprised, overflowed with new tears as she jumped up to hug the man in front of her. He hugged her back and his deep chuckle rang in her ears. "Scarlett, when did you become so naive? Do you really think that your friends and your new family don't care about you?"

"Are you really here?" Chess pulled back and started touching his familiar face. She hadn't seen it in so long but it looked just like it had all those years ago.

"Yes I'm here Scarlett. I was watching over you but I couldn't let you beat yourself up like this. Everyone makes mistakes. You can't think that just because you did one stupid thing that your world is going to end. You can't let it get to you like that. You're so much stronger than this. I was so happy watching you take that audition and finally making something happen in your life. I love seeing you get on stage and seeing people screaming for you. And most of all I'm so happy to see you finally letting yourself fall in love again and seeing him love you too," His eyes were soft and caring and he had the sweetest of smiles on his lips. He was everything Chess remembered him to be.

"Daniel. What do you mean? Why?" Daniel cupped his hand to Chess's cheek and chuckled again.

"You were my one and only. You were my soul mate. That's why I asked you to marry me but I wasn't yours. Your soul mate was halfway across the world apparently. I couldn't be any happier than I am knowing that you finally met your one and only. Now you need to wake up. He's coming for you and you need to be awake to see him. I'll always love you Scarlett and I know you'll always love me but it's okay for you to love him more. Now wake up," Chess blinked as Daniel kissed her forehead. She hadn't even dreamed about him since he had been killed so why did he show up now? Couldn't he have just stayed with her? Soon Chess blinked again and Daniel was gone and in his place were hospital lights.

After blinking a few more times Chess found that she couldn't remember what exactly had woken her up and only that she had dreamed of all her friends saying everything she was scared of. She was terrified that they really felt that way about her. What if it really was better if she just died? What if they really didn't want her around and were sick of taking care of her? Chess tried to move but groaned loudly when a sharp pain shot up her body.

"You're awake? Omo... I need to get the nurse! Are you okay? Does it hurt really bad? Do you need anything?" Giri's face had popped up from her left side when she groaned and she was assaulted by his questions as he pressed the call button for the nurse who came in and immediately started taking note off all the monitors and levels.

"Ne, I'm fine. Ne, it really hurts. Ne, I need water," Giri busied himself with pouring a glass of water for her and then came back to her bed side. The nurse left the room saying that she would send in the doctor.

"You are never allowed to do anything like this ever again! Do you know how scared I was? Huh?" Giri looked at her while she downed her water and then leaned in giving her a very light hug once she was done.

"Ne, Giri, mianhe. I didn't mean to worry you. I guess I wasn't supposed to make things right with Changkyun huh?" Giri lightly slapped the back of her hand as it was probably the only space not covered in bruises and scowled at her.

"Yah! Don't you dare say that. I bet he's going to be worried sick when he finds out about this," The doctor soon came in and Giri bowed at him before he began speaking.

"Beck-ssi, you are one of the luckiest people I have ever seen. After that massive accident you have managed to only sustain a few severe contusions and a sprained right wrist. I've prescribed some pain killers in case the pain gets too intense but other than that you're fine and ready to leave, just rest your wrist for a week before doing anything to extensive. Arrasseo?" The doctor gave her a smile and she agreed before bowing her head to him as he left.

Giri made quick work of grabbing all her things and helping her to his car. She had said that she didn't want to go back to the dorms and worry eveyone so he took her to his place. Chess had fallen asleep again in his car and he carried her to his apartment and laid her down in the spare room. She was out for hours and only woke up when she felt her hair moving. She blinked open her eyes trying to adjust to the sudden light. She saw Changkyun sitting next to her bed and groaned.

"Why do I see you now? I already woke up dammit! Go away! I know how bad I ed up, Okay?! My life is pretty bad right now even without the hallucinations. Can you just go away?" Chess clenched her eyes shut, turning away from him, and opened them again hoping he would be gone when he spoke.

"I'm really here Noona. Shownu told me you got hurt coming to see me so I came back home to make sure you were okay," Chess felt his hand grab hers and her eyes widened. Was he really here? Was this really her Changkyun? She turned to face him and reached out to touch his face that was solid in her hand. When Changkyun nuzzled into her palm she wanted to cry. He was really here. It was her Changkyun and not the horrible hallucination that she had.

"You're... You're really here... I'm not dreaming..." Changkyun chuckled and it was like music to her ears. He reached out and gently wiped the tears that had escaped her eys.

"Of course I'm really here. Why wouldn't I be? I love you Cheshire," Chess's smile was so wide it almost hurt but she wouldn't trade this moment for anything in the world. He loved her. He loved her like she loved him and he was real. Nothing could be better.

"I love you too, Changkyun," Changkyun leaned in and pressed a soft kiss on her lips. Oh, how she had missed the feel of his lips. Finally she had him back. He was her one and only and she was never going to let him go again.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A/N So we're only about four chapters from the end now and I'm really sad to see it ending but I'm so proud of myself for actually finishing something for once! As always Thank You for Reading! Kamsamnida!