Rescued

We're All Mad Here

“We still haven't gotten the judge to sign the warrants so we haven't made anymore progress. Ezra, I told you I'd call you once we had any information,” The detective was definitely irritated at him, but Ezra didn't care. It had been so long since Chess had been abducted and there still wasn't anything that the police could do, meaning he had to keep tailing the bastard that took her.

“Alright let me know the moment you get the warrants signed,” Ezra said before he and the detective said their goodbyes and hung up. Ezra couldn't believe that he had been driving for that long just to follow the sociopath

Ezra had been following Hamilton since the night before when he had been released from the police station. He had gone directly from the police station to his house, Ezra followed as closely as he could but stopped at Christina's house when they made it into the neighborhood. Ezra had crept into Hamilton's yard and followed him as best he could so that he couldn't sneak out without Ezra knowing. Hamilton had spent an exorbitant amount of time in the house making Ezra feel like he had no idea he was being followed.

Ezra watched the house until the sun came up. Nothing moved for hours and Ezra was beginning to lose his patience. He kept checking his phone relentlessly and almost compulsively hoping and praying for an update on the warrants. He finally got one as Hamilton was exiting the house. He quickly pulled his phone up to his ear and answered quietly, trying to maintain his cover.

“We have the warrants now and we're beginning to search all of his commercial properties now. Hopefully we'll find her within the next hour or two and then we'll be able to get our arrest warrant,” The officer said quickly as Ezra could hear a large commotion in the background. He assumed that meant that the officer was either at a property to be searched or on his way from the station.

“Alright well hurry up and find her,” Ezra said as he hung up his phone and began to follow Hamilton once more as he headed into the garage. He ran down to Christina's house and got into his car quickly, hoping that Hamilton hadn't seen him.

As Ezra pulled out of the neighborhood, keeping himself at least three car lengths behind Hamilton's car, he was desperate for the call saying that they had the arrest warrant. The drive that they were taking was pretty direct but Hamilton seemed intent on taking every back road that he could. Ezra was having a hard time figuring out where they were going but it was taking a while. Finally after twenty minutes of driving, Hamilton either got tired of back roads or impatient with the drive, they finally to the highway. Hamilton seemed to be going exactly the speed limit as to not attract attention to himself, which concerned Ezra. That meant that he was probably trying to leave the area and they were headed towards the airport.

Ezra was becoming more and more disturbed by the fact that he wasn't getting a call. They would be able to get the arrest warrant when they found Chess. Not only were they looking at possibly losing Hamilton to god knows where, but they hadn't even found Chess yet. Ezra's heart was beating faster than the pistons in his engine were moving to keep track of Hamilton. This was turning sour right before his eyes.

Ezra was right. Hamilton was definitely going to the airport and judging by where he parked his car, he planned to be gone for a while. Ezra parked at the Sheetz next to the lot that Hamilton had pulled into and waited for him to come out to the park and ride bus stop. It didn't take long but he had two huge suitcases with him, confirming Ezra's suspicions of him leaving for a long time.

Ezra followed the bus from the stop where Hamilton got on, to the second terminal where he threw his security pass into the windshield. It was an abuse of power technically, but Ezra considered this to be a very important bit of his job. He needed to be able to follow Hamilton as far as he possibly could but that was still going to be very difficult. He had some leeway with the TSA agents here but that didn't mean that he could just get past security without a client to go pick up. He was going to have to pray that the warrants went through before Hamilton could manage to get his ticket and through security. There was no guarantee that Hamilton would have to wait for his flight either.

Ezra continued to follow Hamilton as close as possible. He watched as the bastard waited in line with everyone else, as though he wasn't a kidnaping sociopath that deserved to be behind bars. Ezra watched as he got to the front of the line and smiled widely at the ticket lady. He saw the way that Hamilton tried to bargain on the price of the checking a second bag. He watched the sorry excuse for a man wave and head over to the security checkpoint. Ezra's heart sank as he saw Hamilton make it through security without a second glance from the TSA agents. That's when he got the call.

“We found her. She's pretty beat up so we're having her transported to Wake Med,” The officer paused but not long enough for Ezra to interrupt. “She's going to be pretty traumatized from this.”

“Hamilton is at RDU. He's just gone through security at terminal two. You need uni's here. NOW!” Ezra yelled as he hung up the phone and ran towards his car. He had to make his way to the hospital. He had to go see Chess.


 

Chess sang for as long as she could. Unfortunately it appeared that it wouldn't be that enough for her to be found. Maybe it was the middle of the night and no one was around. Maybe it was the middle of the day and singing wasn't out of place. She was beginning to panic but she couldn't do anything other than hyperventilate. There was nothing that she could imagine at that moment that could have been worse.

There was one single, uncovered lightbulb in the room casting a dingy orange glow on the concrete floor and metal walls. Chess tried to focus on anything else in the room but she couldn't find anything at all. The panic attack felt like it was crushing her as she clenched her eyes together to try to control her breathing. Her fingers wriggled and her arm muscles spasmed pulling on the ropes on her wrists.

She felt like her entire body was shriveling up. She couldn't bear the tension in her chest or the pain in her spine, it was too much. The car crash had been absolutely nothing compared to this pain. She craved the numbness she had felt earlier though she knew she wasn't going to get it again. She even caught herself thinking about how death would be better than this. Chess snapped her eyes open at that thought though, she wouldn't do that to Changkyun.

Thoughts of Changkyun had become the only thing that was keeping her alive anymore. Chess wanted to manage to live long enough to see him one more time. She knew that it might actually end up hurting him more but she couldn't help that little bit of selfishness in her. She kept her thoughts on Changkyun's face as she regulated her breathing. He became her strength and the focus that she needed.

With her renewed consciousness, Chess thought about the situation that she was in a bit deeper. She was tied, by the wrists, to a pole above her head. There was a garage style door on the wall to her right. The chair she had been on was bolted to the ground in the center of the floor. There was nothing in the room that she could use to escape but she was going to have to try. She needed to do something about the ropes around her wrists first.

Chess tried to move her hands as well as she could to try to untie the knot. She tried for what felt like hours to untie the know but she couldn't do it. Finally she gave up on untying the knot and tried to wriggle her hands out. It wasn't working either so Chess knew what she was going to have to do. She was going to have to figure out how to flip over so she could work a bit more at the knot. She turned her wrists trying to figure out which way it would be easier for her to flip. She ended up needing to turn towards her left, it even loosened the ropes just a bit. It still wasn't loose enough for her to simply slip her hands out but she tried to tug on it to see if she could work it loose. Nothing was working. She had one last desperate move to try to get herself free, she pressed her left hand against the pipe so that her thumb was against the metal and she kicked her hand.

The resounding pop and intense pain brought a shriek from Chess. She knew it was going to hurt, she knew it was going to be unbearable, but she had wanted to be able to move and do what she needed to right after. She hadn't expected her strength to leave her so quickly when the pain hit. She did nothing but cry and avoid moving her hand for a long time. It was beyond a difficult situation that she was now in.

Finally, Chess managed to come back to herself enough to move. She leaned her head down to her chest, trying to prevent herself from biting her tongue. As soon as she set her head where she knew she wouldn't hurt herself anymore than necessary, she worked her left hand out of the ropes. She screamed but it was muffled by the fact that she had her teeth clenched tightly together. Luckily, as soon as she got her hand out of the ropes, the ropes loosened around her right hand. She pulled her right hand free and cradled her left hand to her chest.

She only allowed herself a few moments to wallow in her pain before she tried to get up. As she got up the world spun around her but she forced herself to stay standing. She took slow, determined steps to get to the door. As soon as she got to the door she leaned her head onto the corrugated metal. She knew she needed to make noise and hopefully alert someone to her presence. She just had such a hard time trying to move since her hand was in so much pain. She took deep calming breaths and tried to set herself with as much stability as she could manage before she lifted her head.

Chess banged on the door as hard as she could. She tried not to waste any energy because she wasn't sure how long she'd be there. She also knew that if she didn't make enough noise it wouldn't draw enough attention. She tried as best she could to also yell out. It felt like an impossible situation but Chess couldn't do anything different.

“Help me! Someone please help me!” As Chess yelled, she felt a lump form in . She was crying and there was nothing she could do to stop it. “Please! Anyone! Help me!”

Chess called out for a very long time before she heard anyone other than herself. When she was starting to almost give up, Chess heard something that sounded like a door slamming open and heavy footsteps. There was a lot of talking but she wasn't sure what they were saying. Chess leaned her ear against the door trying to hear a bit better. It sounded like police speak. That brought a spark to Chess's soul that she desperately needed.

“HELP! PLEASE HELP ME!” Chess screamed as loud as she could and banged on the door. It seemed to have worked because soon enough a voice was on the other side of the door telling her to back up so they could get in.

As soon as the door opened and Chess saw the familiar police uniforms, she smiled as a few tears escaped her eyes. She was saved.

Then the darkness took her again.


 

Ezra practically flew to the hospital. It took him half the time it normally would and he was surprised that there was not one cop trying to pull him over. He parked as quickly as possible and ran into the building to get directions to Chess's room. They hadn't told him anything about her condition when they told him they found her, but he wasn't sure that he was thankful for the lack of information. Ezra wasn't necessarily religious but he was praying to god that she was alright.

Ezra turned around a corner, heading towards her room and almost sprinted down the hall to the end. He had a moment of pause as he laid his hand on the doorknob of Chess's room. He was afraid. It was one of the few times in his life that he could genuinely say that he was scared. He had never really been that scared for someone's safety that hadn't been in his immediate family. He steeled himself for what was behind the door.

Luckily, she didn't look too banged up. Ezra breathed a sigh of relief at the sight of only her left hand being in a stint. If that was all that was wrong with her then everything would be okay. Sure, she'd probably have some PTSD but at least her physical healing wouldn't take that long. He took a few steps into the room and sat at the chair that was next to her bed. Hopefully she'd be able to go home soon and hopefully she'd be alright.

Cheshire had a long road to recovery ahead of her, but at least she had an amazing support system.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A/N Okay guys so I've finally gotten this bit done... What do you think is going to happen? Do you think that things will go smoothly for Cheshire from now on? How will Changkyun react after he finds out about what happened to her? What about Giriboy, Jooheon, and her other friends? As always Thank You for Reading! Kamsamnida!