The Perfect Date

We're All Mad Here

Chess and Changkyun had a pretty easy day considering the fight that had happened only a few hours ago. When Changkyun had said that he had the perfect date planned Chess had scoffed, not believing him. She was happily surprised though, they had already been to a park and to a nice traditional Korean restaraunt for lunch. Unfortunately they couldn't be as close as they would have liked, having to keep a minimum of two feet between them at all times. Now though they were walking into a movie theater that was completely deserted as it was about 2:30 pm on a Tuesday.

They were watching The Fantastic Four and to be perfectly honest, Chess and Changkyun weren't really interested in the movie. They had both already seen it and this was more of an excuse to be alone and cuddly more than anything. They grabbed seats in the back of the empty theater, just to make sure they wouldn't be spotted if someone were to walk in, and Changkyun immediately dropped his arm onto Chess's shoulder after pushing up the arm rest in between them. Chess grinned at him and curled into his side resting her head in the crook of his neck.

"I'm sorry this day started off so rough. Other than that, I've had a whole bunch of fun. You did plan the perfect date," Chess reached up and kissed his cheek. She didn't fail to notice his bright smile before he reverted into his normal playful self, pouting at her.

"You doubted my ability to plan a date? Glad to know that you have so much faith in me!" Changkyun removed his arm from her shoulders so he could cross both of his arms across his chest and look away from her.

"Mian, Changkyun. Come on you know I didn't mean it that way! You're the one who said it would be perfect! I just know better than to have my expectations too high. Especially for a first date. Usually those are just so ridiculously awkward and end badly. I wasn't expecting it would be bad because of your planning. What do I have to do to make you stop pouting?" This was apparently what Changkyun had been waiting for because he immediately turned to her with a mischevious glint in his eyes.

"Well... You could do aegyo and call me Oppa," Changkyun smirked at her and Chess smacked his arm.

"I hardly even do aegyo for my fans! And I've told you before I'll NEVER call you Oppa! You're younger than me! Pabo!" Changkyun took advantage of the moment when Chess had let her guard down because of her shock and wrapped his arms around her practically pulling her into his lap.

"Well then how about kisses? And maybe a little aegyo?" He leaned his forehead down to rest on Chess's and she sighed, giving into his demand.

"Changkyunnie! Mianhe.." Chess pouted a bit, puffing out her cheeks, and made her voice more high pitched. She really wasn't the best at aegyo but she did try. After Changkyun chuckled softly at her he place his lips softly on hers. Chess swore she would never get used to the sensation that overwhelmed her body when he kissed her. It was like all of her nerve endings were being shocked and burned all at once. It was the most amazing feeling.

"I guess that'll work for me," Changkyun grinned before leaning in again to capture her lips. This was absolutely a perfect date.

For the rest of their time in the movie theater the two kept curled in their own little ball exchanging kisses every now and then or whispering a joke here and there. It had been everything they had needed after such a horrible start to the day and the separation that they were having to keep up when in public. When they left it was sometime around dinner and Changkyun hailed a cab for them, telling Chess the date wasn't over quite yet. He held up his phone with the address on it so only the driver could see and the driver smiled and nodded.

"Where the hell are you taking me? I swear to god Changkyun I will report you for kidnapping..." Changkyun laughed at the idle threat and interlocked his fingers with Chess's.

"We're going somewhere I had always hoped to take my girlfriend," He gave her a gummy smile and Chess rolled her eyes.

"You know, I think that was supposed to be sweet but it just made it sound like it could have been any girl that had become your girlfriend. It doesn't seem all that special now," Chess rolled her eyes again when he brought his face closer to hers and whispered in her ear.

"I promise it'll be special and I don't think any other girl on this planet would ever appreciate it like I know you will," Changkyun kissed her temple and then pulled away to look out the windshield. He really was something else.

The taxi ride didn't take too long, maybe about twenty five or thirty minutes. This brought them to the Han River and probably about a forty five minute walk from the Banpo bridge. The park they were at was absolutely beautiful and the walk way by the river was starting to light up since the sun was now beginning to set. All in all it was a pretty romantic place that Chess had actually not had the time to visit since she moved to Seoul.

"Come on let's keep walking we're not quite there yet," Changkyun gave Chess a face mask and a snapback, that he apparently bought while she was too concerned with the view, and pulled on his own. When both of their make shift disguises were fully in place Changkyun grabbed Chess's hand and led her to the walkway by the river.

"You mean this isn't the place? Jinja? I was really impressed there for a second," Chess pouted slightly she had kind of just wanted to sit in the soft grass and watch the sunset together. She had always adored the way the city sparkled once the sun went down and wanted to watch that with Changkyun.

"Nope this isn't it. The place I'm going to take you to is better," Chess just shrugged and went back to taking in the view while walking hand in hand with her boyfriend. God, did she love that she could call him that. A soft grin formed on her face and she giggled without even realizing but Changkyun, who had yet to take his eyes off her, did. "Be careful, if you keep smiling like that you might pull a muscle."

"How could I not though? You've taken me on a great date. You have been the perfect gentleman and I couldn't ask for more. I really have had more fun today than I have had in years," Changkyun stopped and pulled Chess into a tight hug, kissing her forhead through his face mask.

"I'm so happy that you've liked it this much. I hope that I can always make you smile like this," He let her go and they continued walking. They stayed mostly quiet for the rest of their walk and just enjoyed the scenery and each others company. Before Chess really noticed they had made it to the Banpo bridge and the sun was just about to sink into the horizon.

"Come on. This is what I had planned," Changkyun pulled Chess towards the cafe that overlooked the bridge and Chess was a little confused. The cafe was well known and generally there were tons of people there on dates. They wouldn't have any privacy or the ability to really enjoy their time their because they'd have to stay apart. "I called yesterday and booked the whole cafe. It's our own personal retreat for the night."

Chess's eyes went wide, she hadn't dreamed that he would do all that for a date with her. She had never had someone go so far out of their way to do something for her. Given she knew it wasn't just for her but this was amazing! Changkyun simply chuckled at her shocked expression and led her up the stairs to the cafe. When they entered the hostess led them out to a table on the balcony that had been set immaculately with a pretty red table cloth. There was already a bottle of wine sitting on the table and there were flower petals scattered around that seemed to glow in the flickering candle light. It was the most beautiful thing that Chess had ever seen. Changkyun made sure to pull out her chair as she looked all around her taking off her snapback and face mask, covering her gaping mouth with her hand.

"How in the world did you do all this? Why? Isn't this too much?" Chess was practically in tears, she had never felt so thought of in her life. Yeah, she had had caring boyfriends before and they were wonderful, but this was just so different. He was going all out to impress her for their first date. Even her fiancee hadn't done anything close to this special when he proposed.

"I just wanted to make you remember this forever. I know I will," Changkyun reached across the table and held Chess's fingers lightly.

Dinner was probably one of the best experiences of her life. The food was absolutely delicious and was paired with one of her favorite wines. (When had he found out her wine preferrences?) They had a light and funny conversation and just enjoyed themselves. Dessert was the fluffiest whipped cream strawberry cake that Chess had ever laid eyes on and it had to be the best tasting thing in the world. They were having so much fun that time seemed to fly by and before they knew it the Banpo bridge rainbow waterfall was starting. They both stood and walked over to the railing to get a better view. Changkyun stood behind Chess wrapping his arms around her waist and resting his chin on her shoulder.

"So do you think you'll ever forget today?" Changkyun whispered in her ear and kissed her jaw just below it. Chess spun around in his arms and wrapped her own around his neck putting one of her hands into his hair. She leaned in and kissed him. This time it wasn't a short kiss. It was long and passionate. Changkyun moved his lips against hers taking control of the kiss and fully exploring . He lightly bit at her bottom lip and when Chess gasped into the kiss he took the opportunity to slip his tongue into earning a pleased moan from Chess that vibrated in her chest. The kiss lasted a long time and when they pulled back both of them were breathing heavily. Changkyun tightened his grasp on her waist, trying to do all he could to bring her closer, not that that was even possible at this point.

"I don't think there's a force in the 'verse that could make me forget today," Changkyun laughed at Chess's Firefly reference, making her laugh herself. It maybe entirely ridiculous but that was definitely part of the reason why they just clicked together. All the stupid little jokes and references to random comic books or cult tv shows. They were the biggest, weirdest geeks together and nothing ever felt more right to either of them. They felt like they were indestructible together and they were both determined to keep that feeling for as long as possible.

Unfortunately, neither of them noticed the faint flashes going off near them or the paparazzi that had been documenting their time in the cafe. They had no way to be prepared for their first hurdle as an idol couple. The future looked bright from where they were standing but how bright would it look when the press really dug into them and their pasts?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A/N Finally a new update!!!!! I found some inspiration and now that I've got it laid out for a new conflict hopefully I'll be updating more often. I won't get into the new conflict quite yet but I might through in some different perspectives just to give you guys a little more information but no promises! As always Thank You for Reading! Kamsamnida!