What Did I Get Myself Into?

Was I Dreaming?
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The meeting went well or at least it seemed like it did.

Amber said it wasn't an official student council meeting and because of that, there were only four of them attending it.

Moon Byul, Krystal, Amber and...

Kim Yongsun.

She remembered how the candidates introduced themselves in the auditorium and Moon Byul remembered there are three candidates. Yongsun and Krystal included, plus that one girl who seemed to be far less popular than them. She went and questioned about that girl to the president and all she got was only "she quit" and Moon Byul didn't ask for more information since she knows exactly why that girl quit.

So there are only Krystal and Yongsun now as candidates.

Knowing this, Moon Byul caught the idea why she was attending this meeting in the first place.

The president asked one of her dying-hard fans to become a candidate's assistant.

Krystal asked Moon Byul to become Kim Yongsun's assistant.

"If it's not too much to ask... I would like you to be Yongsun's assistant." The president said softly, adding a smile and wishing it would help Moon Byul answering the request.

Moon Byul was unable to really deny it. Not only because of Krystal's beautiful smile, or Amber's slightly intimidating stare although maybe she was imagining it, or even Yongsun's hidden expression since she's been frowning and a little bit blushing. Moon Byul couldn't reject the offer because she knew it will be rude. She doesn't like acting rude, it made her feel as uncomfortable and guilty. She let out a soft sigh that goes unnoticed by the others.

Somewhere in the back of her mind, she knew she may regret it.

"Sure." She took a quick glance at Yongsun and saw that tiny smile across her lips.

Then she heard Amber sighed in relief. "Ahh... Thank god..." It took Moon Byul's attention and it looked like Amber caught the silent message. "You know, this is the fourth time- I mean, you're the fourth person. The first three girls didn't took it as good as you do though. I almost thought you'd reject the idea, since well..." Amber leaned closer to Byul's ear and whispered, "I know it won't be easy competing against your idol."

"Amber, we can clearly hear you. I can clearly hear your whisper." Although it sounded normal, there is a bit of threat behind her tone there. Scary, but Byul won't lie that she likes that. Sometimes she wondered if she's a masochist for Krystal.

By the time she think about these Krystal-thoughts, the brown-haired girl with wavy hairstyle came up to her and was now standing in front of her and bowed down.

"Thank you. I owe you twice now."

It took Moon Byul three seconds to understand. "Oh, no, it's really okay. I mean...if my decision could really help, I guess that won't matter that much. I'm just glad."

Yongsun took a step forward, then kneeled in front of Moon Byul. This surely caught her off guard.

"It won't be easy for you, but please bear it with me."

"What the hell was that...?" She whispered to no one in particular.

Byul just got home around thirty minutes ago, like her friends said, they'll wait by the gate once she's done with the meeting. She walked home with them - more like, Byul walked both Wheein and Hwasa home. She secretly feeling grateful that Hwasa's house is just around the corner from Wheein's. A walk from their houses to Byul's place would take fifteen minutes by feet, so she walked and silently regretting her decision once she feels her feet getting a bit numb. She took her shower and ate what was left in her fridge, in which she found nothing left in there so she ended up with ramen for dinner.

She proceeded to her next routine before she goes to bed. Working on her homeworks and do a little reading if she still has some spare time to kill.

10.30 PM - Byul decided to end her study session and planning to go to sleep, but her mind seems like it's still working on full.

She sighed and put one arm across her eyes once her body made contact with her comfortable bed. She started to recall what actually happened to her today. She noticed that everyone who attended that meeting seemed to know about Byul being a huge fan of Krystal and god-knows how ridiculous she looked like in front of them. Honestly, it was embarrassing.

"Of course they know! Why won't they? Amber-sunbae is Krystal-sunbae's bestfriend and Yongsun-sunbae is Krystal-sunbae's ex-tutor student. They're basically bestfriends now, so it's obvious they know about me girl-crushing on Krystal-sunbae." She rolls over on her bed so her face is now buried on her bedsheet. "Argh! So embarrassing! I should have said 'no'!"

But Moon Byul knows that she won't have the courage to reject it in the first place. She knows she'll regret it, yet she choose to jump anyway. I'm being too soft...or just too coward to say 'no' to them.

With one last long sigh, she got up from her bed. "It's okay... Look at the bright side, you get to see Krystal-sunbae and you're helping her by doing this... So it should be okay...right?"

Her phone's tone answered her after a few seconds. She raised her eyebrow as it turned into a frown, Byul glanced at the clock and it shows 11.30 PM - which is late at night and she couldn't help but wondering who would still be awake at this time AND decided to text her.

She

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter