Just The First Few Weeks

Was I Dreaming?
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A/N: You can check the "Author's Thought" for small notes I'm going to leave for each update - I think it's a bit flexible doing some story notes there :) anyway, enjoy!

The talk from yesterday conclude that this relationship Byul has with the Student Council President is probably not a secret anymore. The fact that people can see how obvious their feelings are for each other is a little scary and Byul can’t help but feel slightly anxious about it. It takes some time for Byul to get used to all the rumors around the school, according to Eunbi, “By now, all student bodies see you and the pres as a couple. You might as well accept it as it is.”

 

Eunbi was right though.

 

It wasn’t just Hwang Eunbi who told her to just go with the flow. Wheein and Hwasa also told her that it is best to let them be because it’ll just be a waste of energy trying to convince them otherwise. Even the president herself, her girlfriend, told her to stop being worried over those rumors. People will always come up with their assumptions when they don’t get the truth and the more we deny, the more they will try to find the truth. She also added, “They’re still quite harmless until now. If anything, they’ve been acting kind and nice and I think that means we don’t need to worry too much.”

 

It’s her girlfriend talking after all, so, with a heavy sigh, Byul tries to ignore them.

 

She walked through the school hall, heading to her classroom where she spotted two of her seniors; Krystal and Amber. The two seniors don’t seem to notice Byul’s presence yet as they keep...uh…flirting? Byul was amused at the sight.

 

From the last private talk with Krystal a few days ago, she remembers one thing her senior confessed aside from letting Byul knows that she knew about Byul’s relationship with the president. She recalled when Krystal told her she’s letting Byul know just because she and Yongsun reminded Krystal of her and Amber.

 

How cute.

 

The two seniors are very much likely to be dating since their first year and Byul had a hard time thinking which one is more surprising; Krystal knew about her relationship or Krystal revealed her own relationship. But all surprises aside, she was glad though, now that Byul knows what is actually going on, everything seems to fall into their perfect respective places. All things that Byul questioned about her seniors are now answered: because they’re together.

 

The moment she’s close enough for her seniors to notice, she gave them a small bow and didn’t forget her ever-so-charming smile. Looking at Krystal and Amber gives Byul that small relief about all her worries.

 

She thought, they’ve been doing it since their first year and still counting… We’ll be okay.

 

It draws another small smile to her face. That morning she was greeted by that familiar face at the school gate, that familiar someone warned her to stop being a creep by putting that huge hamster smile. But what can she do when seeing her girlfriend every single morning feels like a pure bliss? Ever since she became official with Yongsun, her used-to-be crush, every single day is a blessing—not like before that it wasn’t a blessing but there’s this feeling that boost her day just seeing that smile on Yongsun’s face, the way her eyes lit up when their eyes met and that small electrical shock every time they touch. It’s unbelievable, and it’s all new for Byul.

 

And being able to see the smile on Yongsun’s lips always makes the day a lot better.

 

“Unnie, seriously, you can stop that smiley face. It’s creeping me out.” Of course, if there’s another person who will tell her to stop smiling like an idiot, that person must be Ahn Hyejin.

 

Her best friend, Wheein, slapped her on the arm. “Oh, c’mon, she was just being happy.”

 

“Right,” Byul have her attention to the two younger girls. “I was just being happy, you said I need to stop worrying about those rumors. So, here I am, letting go of all my worries and enjoy what I have.”

 

“You seem a lot happier, in which still creeping me out with that amount of smile so early in the morning.”

 

Again, Wheein slapped Hyejin’s arm.

 

“Stop being a party pooper, Hyejin.” The latter only shrugs her shoulder and asked one of Byul’s classmates, who sits on Byul’s right side, to find another seat. The girl quickly moves away for Hyejin though, Byul kind of felt bad for the girl but before she can say anything, Wheein excitedly leans on Byul’s desk. “So, unnie, did you finally do it?”

 

“Huh? Do what?”

 

“You know what I mean~” Wheein wiggles her eyebrows and gives Byul a smirk, Byul almost blushes at how cute Wheein looks doing that.

 

Hyejin, on the other side, could only sigh and facepalming at Wheein’s question. She diverts her eyes elsewhere, seemingly not wanting to know anything Wheein and Byul are on about.

 

But in all honesty, Byul was lost.

 

“Uh, I don’t know what you mean.”

 

Wheein frowns, tilting her head to the side. It makes Byul want to curse because this girl looks like a really cute puppy doing that. Hold yourself, Byul. You touch the pup, you face the lion. She reminded herself.

 

“Did you guys kiss?” Hwasa asked.

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter