Because I Know She Loves Me Too

Was I Dreaming?
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Fear.

It was all Byul can produce in her system: fear.

If only she didn’t follow her desire. If only she told her girlfriend that she needs to just go before anyone see them. If only she tries a little harder to stop herself from doing stupid things…maybe all of this won’t even happen in the first place.

Right now, all Byul can do is sit and try her best to stop thinking so many things. Her brain wouldn’t be able to take it all in. It was too much for her.

She takes a short look at her phone on her bed. It was dead, meaning there’s no single notification coming in and it’s terrifying waiting on like this. Byul think she can probably die if she didn’t receive anything until tomorrow. She just had to make sure everything is fine—though most likely not.

The minute she arrived at her house, Byul quickly sent a text to Yongsun.

[ I’m home. Are you okay? ]

It was stupid now that she thinks about it again.

Asking ‘are you okay’ when clearly nothing is ever okay since their little encounter with Yongsun’s parents. What a rhetorical question. That’s why she sent another text in the next minute.

[ Yongsun-ah, I know you’re not okay. Please, reply to me. ]

Yet she thinks it wasn’t enough.

[ I’m so worried about you right now :( ]

This time she waited for a good fifteen minutes before sending another text.

[ Are you mad at me? I’m sorry… ]

She doesn’t know but there is also a chance of Yongsun being mad at her. After all, Byul was the one who kissed her cheek and aiming for her lips that time. It was just normal if Yongsun is mad at her and she just want to let her know that she is very sorry.

[ Let’s…talk tomorrow. Again, I’m so sorry. ]

It was the last thing she sent to Yongsun.

A proposal for them to talk alone. A serious talk about this matter because their relationship is laying here, dying.

For a moment there Byul remembers how Yongsun will constantly telling her how much she loves her, how much she wishes Byul can stay by her side 24/7, how much she wants to tell her parents about them yet how terrifying the idea of thinking how her parents will treat the two of them.

She was sure they will not be happy.

But Yongsun is happy.

She’s happily in love with Byul.

Then suddenly her phone rings and Byul’s heart nearly stops at the same time. After missing a beat, she rushes to grab her phone and seeing an unknown number calling her phone. She frowns yet still answering it.

“Is this Moon Byul Yi?” A deep manly voice asked.

Byul feels like the globe stopped rotating, time was frozen and she’s no longer even breathing the air. She can feel herself tremble, her hand slightly shaking from holding the phone close to her ear almost too carefully. She feels her eyes tear up for no reason, maybe it was out of fear. She wasn’t even facing the man directly.

“Hello? Is this Moon Byul Yi?”

Before she can mutter a reply, the phone ended.

Byul was legit scared.

She knows this has gone so wrong for Yongsun’s father to even call to her number. She couldn’t imagine what Yongsun is going through at the moment. Her father doesn’t even sound very pleased, he sounded angry.

Yet above all of the fear she’s feeling, she was still more worried about Yongsun because it may be faint, but Byul surely hear a somewhat familiar cry somewhere in the background.

God, what have I done…?

Byul clutches her phone so hard she nearly crush it with her bare hand before it rings again and this time…

Yongsun’s picture was staring back at her.

Yongsun calls her.

Byul thinks she must need her to talk to.

That’s why Byul doesn’t even think twice to answer it.

“Yong—“

Except that it wasn’t Yongsun talking on the phone.

“Byulyi?” It’s Mrs. Kim.

This time, however, she can clearly hear the crying sound in the background and it breaks Byul’s heart into pieces. She’s not only crying, but she’s also begging to her father.

“Byulyi, I know you can hear me.” The woman said again.

Byul can hear her and not just her either.

She wasn’t sure what is happening there but she is sure her parents have gotten suspicious and the phone call was to make sure of everything. They’re going to ask Byul about their relationship and honestly, Byul hears it when Yongsun says, “Please, don’t… You don’t have to ask… I’m telling you the truth!”

Then follows with Mrs. Kim clearer voice. “Byulyi, I’ve convinced my husband to not speak to you because Yongsun also begged for him to not do that. But we need to know because we are her parents.”

Byul’s grip on the phone tightens.

With the little voice she had left, she says, “Yes, I understand.”

“Please, be completely honest with me.”

Though she sounded calm, Byul didn’t miss the slightly cold tone. It must’ve upset her too and Byul can’t even blame her for feeling that way towards her.

“Mom, no… Don’t ask her… We’re just friends, okay! Just stop it…”

She heard Yongsun’s voice begging her mother to not ask Byul whatever she’s go

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter