Is This Even A Secret Anymore?

Was I Dreaming?
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The after-school hangout happens and the two younger girls wasted not even a single minute once they entered Byul’s place to confirm about everything between Byul and Yongsun. Yongsun, on the other hand, was surprised – it may not show in her expression but Byul could sense the short glance Yongsun sent her when Wheein threw a simple question.

“So, you guys are dating?”

Byul could also see Hwasa’s expression; the sudden question really took her by surprise too. Seems like Wheein has been thinking about it a lot and needs a confirmation right away.

Suddenly everything feels intense.

No one is saying anything, Byul’s palms are starting to sweat as she begins to open to say something. But then Hwasa came to the rescue. “Yah, Wheein-ah, can we not do this here? I’m hungry and Byulyi-unnie promised to cook us fried chicken.”

Okay, the fried chicken part was definitely something she made up.

“Wait, when did I say—“

Byul stopped abruptly when Hwasa glared at her.

A look that says, “Just play along and be thankful I helped.”

Wheein has no more chance of saying anything as Hwasa put an arm over Wheein’s shoulder, taking advantage of being slightly taller than Wheein, she dragged her to the center of the room where Byul’s bed is.

Byul and Yongsun were still frozen on the spot.

The only reason they move was because Byul let out a relief sigh followed by Hwasa shouting “Unnie! Hurry, I’m hungry!” and Byul hurriedly went for the kitchen after Yongsun told her to go on ahead and said she’ll also help out.

But because the whole cooking chicken for the girls was never on Byul’s to-do list today, she wasn’t prepared. She ended up ordering their favourites and have those chickens delivered to Byul’s house. The second time she sighed, Yongsun gives her a concerned look.

Byul mouthed something that looks like a simple phrase of “I’m okay.” along with a teasing wink.

When it’s time to prepare everything, Yongsun made her way to the kitchen to help and have a short talk with Byul. The two younger girls were still busy watching Goblin in the middle of the room taking over Byul’s comfortable bed because Hwasa insisted Wheein to watch that drama – she’s the only one who hasn’t watched the series among all four of them though.

“Um, sorry.” Byul started.

She won’t even lift her head to look into Yongsun’s eyes.

She felt bad that the girls already this suspicious of their relationship when Byul haven’t even mentioned this matter to Yongsun or anyone – and for god’s sake they already decided to keep everything behind everyone’s backs. How is she supposed to explain this?

Yongsun sighed, “Were we being obvious...?”

Yes.

Oh boy, weren’t they the most obvious lesbian couple ever exist.

“It wasn’t your fault.” Byul said, almost immediately.

Yongsun frowns. “It wasn’t yours either.”

“Then we’re both at fault.”

With a last sigh, Yongsun took the basket filled with fried chickens on Byul’s hands. “Fair enough.”

“What are you doing?”

“Being a responsible unnie.”

Byul was taken aback. She did not see it coming. Kim Yongsun wants to be a responsible unnie outside school grounds? Oh wow, is this another new side of her Byul have yet to acknowledge? She didn’t get to think further when the older girl snapped her finger at Byul’s face and said, “Don’t stop functioning yet. I can’t do this alone, you know. Also, you said this is our fault so we need to work on it together.”

Those pair of lips almost turn into a small pout but Byul was more concerned about what Yongsun is going to say to Wheein and Hwasa.

“Are you really okay telling them about us...?”

The brown-haired girl chuckles softly as she smiles.

“You know, it’s kind of unfair too if we leave them in the dark.”

Byul glanced at the two girls on her bed, focused on the tv.

She sighed, again.

“C’mon, you get those drinks and we’ll eat first.”

The moment Yongsun set down the basket, both Wheein and Hwasa hurriedly gathered around it like two hungry puppies waiting to be fed. Much to Byul’s relief, they can at least eat peacefully without any of them throwing heavy questions along with curious eyes stripping her down. But of course, not long after Wheein took her last bite and Hwasa gulped down her coke, Byul knew this is the time they finally talk.

She shared a look with Yongsun.

She looks rather calm, unlike Byul.

“So, unnie...”

“I know what you’ve been curious about.”

Eyes quickly moves fast from Hwasa to Yongsun.

The look on Wheein’s face when Yongsun spoke made it hard for Byul to ignore. Of course, no one will expec

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter