Selfish & Stupid

Was I Dreaming?
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Byul got up to the sound of someone shouting her name while banging on her door. She clearly knows who it is because there is only one person who keeps refusing to press the bell whenever she visits.

With the little strength she has, she walked to the front door and expecting to see her two younger friends, Hyejin and Wheein—

Unless, there is one more person behind them.

Yongsun.

Her pupils went wide and she has two conflicting urges at the same time. One is to run and hug her there with everything she has; and the other is to close the door and ask her to leave—but Byul was a fool and she still is.

She did none of those things, instead she stepped aside and letting everyone inside her place.

“You look like a zombie.” Was the first thing Hyejin had to say.

Byul was in no mood to bicker back at her friend’s sarcasm. She let them sit anywhere they want around her living room (or bedroom since it is basically in one room) while she proceeds to the kitchen and make them some drink—maybe just mineral water. Byul failed to notice how Wheein’s frown deepened at the sight of her messy bed and not just her bed but literally her house is in an unusual state of mess. She glanced at the oldest one of them but Yongsun’s eyes were locked with Byul’s phone being placed next to her head pillow.

At this point, Wheein knew something really bad must happened between she and Byul.

She hoped it won’t be that one thing Hyejin has been afraid of.

Wheein exchanged look with Hyejin who nodded, completely understand what she’s saying so she gets up from her spot and nudges Byul’s shoulder playfully.

The older girl frowns, “I got this.” She said when Wheein starts taking one of the cup from her hand.

“Go take a quick shower. You stink.”

Byul was actually a bit offended but then again, Wheein was right. She must stink as hell at this point because from the morning, she has not yet get up to clean herself up. She wordlessly leaving the kitchen and everything to Wheein, she told Hyejin that she needs to take a quick shower first—of course, while trying her hardest to not look at Yongsun.

It was weird and conflicting.

Just a few hours ago she wishes for Yongsun to look for her and try to get in-touch with her in anyway. She misses her so much that it is starting to hurt her physically, as if breathing is too hard to do. She wants to see her if it’s not too much to ask and yet here she is right in front of her in the flesh. They’re at Byul’s house, it was safe to hug her and talk to her. Her parents wouldn’t know. Yet what happened a few days ago still left Byul feeling traumatic. Maybe that’s why suddenly all of those things she wanted from Yongsun were gone, almost as if it is never even there.

Byul was scared to look at Yongsun.

She was contemplating which one is scarier than the other: the fact that she can easily read Yongsun through a single eye-contact and knowing her actual intention to come and meet her; or the fact that she may not be able to see anything out of Yongsun. To make everything worse, Byul was sure she will have another mental breakdown and breaking down in front of Yongsun is the last thing she wanted to do.

Byul was still trying to avoid Yongsun’s gaze as she sat down on the edge of her bed. Hyejin and Wheein couldn’t even pretend they didn’t notice it as it was far too obvious. The three of them were looking at Byul with concern written on their faces. The girl still looks too pale though she just took a shower.

Wheein also noted how her voice is slightly hoarse earlier. “So what happened to you?” Hyejin casually asked.

“I was just not feeling well, okay. It’s nothing serious.” Now the hoarse voice sounded even clearer. Byul must have gotten sick and by the looks of it, she must not take care of herself at all. Hyejin noticed there no meds around the house, and honestly she is starting to feel very concerned about Byul.

“You’re definitely falling sick and you’re not doing any about it, stupid.” She was feeling a little furious too knowing Yongsun is the girlfriend and yet she’s letting this happen to Byul. Does she even care? Hyejin tries her best to not spill those words right in front of the oldest unnie. She only sighed deeply and let Wheein take over as she feels Wheein’s hand squeezing her shoulder. Hyejin wasn’t good at controlling her temper and emotions after all.

“Unnie, we know something really bad must happened. We don’t know what it is but I would like it if you…work it out? Or just talk, maybe? You two are like my two bigger sisters and I love you guys so much… So, will you please try and make up?” A realization came over Byul. She feels guilty.

Not only her relationship with Yongsun is taking a toll on her and Yongsun, but also to Wheein and Hyejin. So, she decided that she will do as Wheein wishes for them to do. Maybe it will also help straighten everything between her and Yongsun.

“I can’t talk…if you guys are here.”

“You want us to wait outside?”

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter