Still Worth It?

Was I Dreaming?
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Apology if there are some errors. I haven't checked the whole thing for errors and such and I was eager to release the update already, lmao.

Byul wished she stay at her house instead.

She hasn’t reached her destination, which is Yongsun's house, and yet she's already regretting her decision. Maybe she should just trust her girlfriend. Maybe it would be better if she stops being suspicious of her. Maybe this is a horrible idea because Byul never prepared herself for the worst.

She knew that the Kim family already banned her from coming to their house, worse, meeting Yongsun again. So, Byul stopped a block from Yongsun’s house, parked her bike there and makes sure no one can see her figure clearly. She has the perfect view to the Kim's residence front gate and Byul feels her heart drop at the sight of a red car parked on the driveway.

Byul purposely wear an all-black attire from head all the way down to her toes just so no one would easily recognize her. She pulled her hoodie over her head and squint her eyes at the unfamiliar car. There is still a tiny hope she has for her girlfriend, it can't entirely mean the car belongs to ‘Eric’. And even if it is, it can't mean that that person is here for Yongsun. It could be one of her parents’ friends visiting…right?

It didn’t take long for Byul to find out the truth.

The driver of that red car, came out the moment the front door of the Kim's resident opened, revealing such a far too familiar figure in a fitting black dress. Even when Byul is meters away, she still finds her looking so elegantly beautiful, stunning, breathtaking—and then Byul remembered. She didn’t dress up this far for Byul.

Her eyes are far too focused on her that she only remembered who was waiting for her by the gate. She prepares this much for that guy and it was all proven with how the moment Yongsun stepped close enough with him, they don’t exchange words but casually he leaned and put a kiss on Yongsun's cheek. He then proceeds to open the passenger door for her, who flashes him a smile before sliding inside the car.

Byul didn’t know what kind of emotion she supposed to show at the moment. Her heart felt heavy, her mind feels so clouded with all emotions.

Why?

Why did she lie to me?

Why can't she just say that she's going out with a friend?

Byul scoffed at her own thought.

Friend?

Are they even just friends?

Yongsun straight up lied to her face. Byul knows she’s lying but Yongsun doesn’t need to know that she knows. It would be lying if Byul denied that it’s hurting her already with the fact Yongsun can easily lie to her.

She was upset.

Why won’t Yongsun just tell her?

She gets it that it’s not easy but Byul little naïve mind still believe that there has to be a logic reason on why Yongsun is doing this.

Byul had no idea how long she's been standing there. A single raindrop fell on her cheek, making her look up the sky and yet still not moving away from where she's standing. Not even moving an inch. It felt too heavy. And soon, it was raining hard and she pays no mind being drenched in the rain. No one can make a difference if she's crying or not if she's being under the heavy rain.

“.” Byul cursed—Yongsun’s warning about her cursing so carelessly be damned.

Byul couldn’t remember when exactly she took herself home. The moment she got off her bike, she feels nothing but numbness. She changed into dry clothes after cleaning herself a little and then went to grab her cellphone. There's a new message from Yongsun.

[ Baby, can I call you around 10? ]

But Byul did nothing but gripping her phone tighter by the second, she was close to crush it with her bare hand. She wondered, did Yongsun text her while having dinner with that guy? Eric? But then again, Yongsun didn’t know about Byul's knowledge. She wasn’t aware that Byul saw the whole scene unfolding itself meters away from her.

And she doesn’t know, Byul was hurting.

Yongsun still lied.

Then another message arrived, still from the same girl.

[ Are you asleep? I miss you =3= I want to have a call before I sleep~ ]

Why is she doing this…?

Byul had no idea about what is Yongsun doing. A part of her wants to let this incident die without her having to confront her girlfriend. Yet a bigger part of her was hurt so bad that she couldn’t think of anything else but confront her. And too bad, that is exactly what she does when she replied to Yongsun's message.

[ Should I call now? ]

She purposely did so because she knew Yongsun is still outside with that guy, probably still eating at a fancy restaurant and chatting away like a matching couple.

[ Oh! Baby, you're awake! <3 Don't call now, I'm still studying hehe ]

Byul keeps her blank expression.

Studying, huh.

[ Really? Studying where? At a restaurant? Are you even alone right now? Don't bother answering me. I'll call when you get home. ]

There was a long pause.

It was almost past a minute, Byul counted. Her eyes keep locking with the device in her hand, expecting a reply for her one and only girlfriend.

[ Babe, what are you saying? I'm at home right now ]

[ Yeah? Just stop it. I know. ]

[ What do you know? Stop joking, Byul, this is not funny. ]

[ No one's laughing. ]

There's another pause and Byul was ready to throw her phone away and maybe sleep everything off. She might even skip a day again because she doesn’t think she can bring herself to school, moreover seeing Yongsun.

[ I don't know what it is you're on about right now but I swear, I can explain. Just…let me explain. ]

Byul ignored and instead settle on replying with a simple reply.

[ Get home safely. ]

Then another one.

[ Oh, and have fun. ]

Honestly, if she could, Byul would like it better if she can sleep it off as soon as possible because she swears it feels like there are millions of needles poking her brain and a big knife stabbing through her heart.

But she's a real stupid masochist when it comes to Kim Yongsun.

No matter how painful it was, she will still let Yongsun explain her part to her and Byul know she will think about it before forgiving her in the end. It is like a mechanism her conscious made the moment she admitted her feelings for the older girl. And it's not okay, it's not healthy. It will soon kill her.

Then again, Moon Byulyi has always been a stupid lover who's willing to be blind for her girlfriend.

At exactly eleven o'clock, Byul didn’t received a single message but a phone call instead.

She only sits there by the bed, staring at her ringing phone with her girlfriend's contact name staring back at her, almost screaming at her face. ‘PICK UP!’ it said. Byul closes her eyes, if she didn’t find out any of that, she won't even hesitate to pick up the phone and greet her lovingly. But not this time.

Byul slides the screen to answer the call. Slowly, she put it to one of her ears and at the sound of Yongsun's voice, Byul started crying silently. , she cursed in her head. It so ing hurts.

“Byul-ah? You there? L, Let's talk now, okay? I can explain-“ She heard Yongsun said, it sounded like she's desperate but Byul didn’t say anything back.

She couldn’t.

Not when she's crying her eyes out. She wouldn't let Yongsun know that she's been crying and currently crying again after hearing her voice. She knows with the silence Byul is giving her, Yongsun is feeling more desperate.

“Byul… Byul-ah… Please, let's talk this out…” Byul cursed inside her head for her inability to control her emotion. They should be talking, she should ask Yongsun to explain the situation. Yet what is happening now is he complete opposite. “Say something… Anything… Let me know you're listening… Byul-ah… Please…”

Byul know that tone.

Yongsun was crying too but Byul couldn’t find the reason why she's crying too. Was it guilt? Byul wanted to say but she only hold the phone tighter and let out an audible sob. Immediately, Yongsun respond to that sound.

“Byul-ah- Byul, I'm sorry… I swear I didn’t mean to hurt you… Byul, don’t cry-“ It sounds like Yongsun also cried harder and Byul still wasn’t sure why. She says sorry so maybe it really was the guilt.

“I need to sleep.” Byul finally managed to coaxed something out (hardly).

She knows that was the only time where she can mutter something because she couldn’t stand it if the call last any longer. It was getting too overwhelming and she realized how much she hate it if they have to take care of such a big problem through a phone call.

So, without even waiting for Yongsun to say anything back, Byul hung up and proceed to turn her phone completely off.

 

She did

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter