The Anxiety Comes Back

Was I Dreaming?
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Byul could only grin like an idiot.

What happened yesterday still feels like a dream to her.

Kim Yongsun feels like a dream to her. This life she’s living feels like a dream to her. The only thing crossing her mind was only a single question: “Was I dreaming?” – except she wasn’t. Because whatever happened yesterday, really happened for real and Byul was feeling so ecstatic. She feels thrilled, happy, excited, giddy and even alongside all those feelings, she also feels a little anxious but clearly anxiety isn’t the one she’s exposing to her classmates and close friends.

It was showing, obviously.

She’s walking to school alone today because somehow, she becomes a little shy around her girlfriend after yesterday’s encounter. All the way from her house to school and inside the classroom, she didn’t stop smiling and it’s getting a little creepy.

“If you don’t stop that, I will seriously punch you in the face.” By the tone, you can know she’s not even joking with that threat and so with a small chuckle, Byul settles with a subtler soft smile as she gives her attention to Hwasa.

“Will you please let me be happy for once?”

“I didn’t forbid you to be happy but stop being such a creep by coming to school with such huge grin plastered on your face. It’s so weird, I swear.” Hwasa sighed and pulled a chair to sit only for Wheein to snatch and sit on it first. “Yah—” She was about to protest but Wheein only gives her an innocent smile, one that shows her single dimple—I swear that looks so cute!!

Ironically, the lion is only soft for this particular puppy.

Byul almost want to roll her eyes, but who is she to judge? Hwasa to Wheein was almost like Byul to Yongsun. Whipped.

“Okay, now speak.” Wheein started.

Byul is starting to see the pattern here. In the morning, Hwasa and Wheein will visit her classroom to greet and chat a little with her. Usually they will talk about the rumors running around the school, the teachers and little exciting experiences they had the past week or the other way when they’re on the way home. But lately, after Byul told them about her relationship with the president, every day now feels like an early interrogation with these two girls.

She doesn’t mind it though. She admits if she were in their shoes, she’d probably be as curious.

Plus, she’s in a very good mood this morning.

Because for once, Yongsun was the first one to send her an early morning text. That never happened before and Byul doesn’t know if it’s because she’s always up later than Byul. But this morning, Yongsun reminded her to wake up and not miss breakfast and she also said sorry because they won’t be going to school together (in which Byul feel grateful about). She also didn’t forget to leave a kiss emoji and just thinking about it again makes Byul smiles wider. Byul was sure that this change was due to what happened the other evening at her house.

And what happened that one evening? That, Byul is going to spill just a little bit of it to her friends.

Though, her plan was to being as less obvious as possible but Byul has never been a good liar nor she is capable of being subtle when it comes to her and the president. Hwasa was impressed the two managed to hide their romantic relationship, excluding the part where they taking advantage at how other students seemed to ship the two—including herself and Wheein, of course.

Okay, cut the crap, we all want to know about what these lovebirds did the other evening.

Byul her dry lips and biting back a smile (though she failed).

“We did it.” Byul felt her chest thumping faster at the revelation and honestly, she wasn’t even being so specific which resulting in both Wheein and Hwasa frowns.

Hwasa narrowed her eyes, leaned a little closer. “Did what exactly?”

But before Byul can even get more about details, Wheein gasped loudly and her eyes went wide and formed an ‘O’ shape and once she realized how big she opened , she quickly put her palm across the gaping mouth. Of course, her sudden reaction is getting the full attention from Byul and Hwasa and the rest of the class.

Byul rolled her eyes almost sarcastically, “So much for being subtle.” She muttered when she noticed the stare.

With a sigh, Hwasa asked those curious eyes, “Yah, what are you guys looking at?” Everyone quickly tear their eyes from the group, acting like nothing happened. Byul nearly gulp at how obedient the students when it comes to Hwasa.

“Okay, Wheein-ah, now tell me what you know that I don’t.”

The shocked look on Wheein’s face slowly fading out and replaced with a small eyebrows’ crease. She hesitated, Byul noticed. Does Wheein really knows though? Well, it supposed didn’t come as so much of a surprise knowing the last time she checked, the younger girl clearly knows things even more than Byul ever does.

“If I didn’t get this wrong…” She slowly started, eyes narrowing.

Somehow that look is making Byul a little nervous. Meanwhile Hwasa listening to everything Wheein is saying closely. It irked her a little when Wheein had to pause for a bit.

“Please tell me if I’m wrong but…”

Oh god, RIP Ahn Hyejin’s patience, because this is getting on her nerves.

“For god’s sake, Wheein, just spill it!”

“Well, um, did you get on the second base already?”

There was no respond almost for a minute.

Byul threw a glance at Hwasa, wondering if the other younger girl knows what Wheein was talking about or actually referring to. But when their eyes met short, Byul knew Hwasa was as clueless as she is.

A minute passes and Wheein rolls her eyes at her two friends.

Both Byul and Hwasa had no idea what a second base is.

She literally face-palmed before sighing, “Oh my, am I going to have to explain every single thing to you guys?”

Both Hwasa and Byul diverts their eyes elsewhere but Wheein’s and each other’s and this means Wheein has to do the explanation. Unless Wheein is too tired and explaining such thing isn’t really appropriate at school with the rest of other students lingering around the class and potentially very possible for them to overhear what she’s saying.

Wheein sighs, “Both of you, open your browser and google it.”

The two clueless friends did as Wheein told but then they froze and once again, sharing a glance at each other. Wheein rolls her eyes. “’Second Base’. Do I even need to spell it out?” Wheein tries her best to not pull her hair off her head.

Hwasa and Byul are too hopeless.

Wheein ends up being the one doing the work in the end. Once she hands the phone back to Byul, Hwasa almost automatically leaned closer to have better look. Wheein, she almost burst out laughing seeing how red her friends’ faces became.

Hwasa though, despite looking slightly red, managed to mutter, “Oh, it’s a ual term…” While leaned back on her seat.

Byul looks away, looking so visibly red.

“Unnie doesn’t even need to say anything to us. Your reaction is saying a lot, really.” Hwasa casually added, crossing her arms and resting one leg on top of the other.

“Well,” Byul exhales, “K, kind of…”

The stutter and how the red is starting to reach her ears, plus how is she still not able to look at her friends nor looking at least less nervous, it is telling the two younger girls that something else happened and Wheein is the one calling it.

“Oh my god, you went all the way?” Wheein noticed a few other pair of eyes shifted to her direction so she leaned a bit close and tries to lower her voice. “To third base?”

Hwasa contemplated for a short second.

“If second base was that then third must be…” Her eyes went wide. “Oh wow, unnie…really?” She couldn’t help but grin at her unnie.

“Yah, can we not talk about this at school?”

“Unnie…you didn’t even deny it—“

“That’s because it’s true.”

“Yah, you two—“

“This is huge… We need to see how Yongsunnie is doing, Hyejin.”

“What?”

“As hell we need. We gotta confirm this. Let’s go now.”

“Yah! Wait—“ Hwasa and Wheein were about to reach the door when Byul reaches out to grab their wrists, stopping them. She looks a bit panicked and still blushing like crazy. “Just—wait, don’t go to her. Don’t let her know yet that you guys know.”

Both young girls were surprised.

They thought Byul was going to deny but she wasn’t. She just doesn’t want Yongsun to know what she spilled to these girls. Which means…their assumption is true after all.

Byul and Yongsun have gone to that stage.

Wheein, as possibly a number one moonsun-fan, was genuinely happy for her unnies. It’s like she’s reading her favorite manga and the main character finally got together with their long-time crush and have recently even shared very intimate activity together. Her unnie’s story is definitely too similar with a fictional story that it is concerning Wheein at some point.

Because this isn’t a fictional story. Byul’s love story is a real thing happening and at certain parts, Wheein worried what will come out in the future.

Hwasa didn’t failed to see this concern in Wheein. After all, they’re best friends since birth, she can tell just by looking at her.

The fact that Byul and Yongsun are still in the closet is worrying although they said to not worry but of course it’s really hard to just be perfectly calm. Hwasa wonders if Yongsun was really serious this time with Byul, she has to make sure Yongsun wouldn’t do stupid things like what she did to her previous boyfriends.

Because she knows Byul loves her so much at this point.

She knows Byul doesn’t deserve to get hurt.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter