Keep It Hush

Was I Dreaming?
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It wasn’t like those romantic stories Byul ever thought. She’s never a fan of cheesy scenes where a couple would kiss after the long-awaited confession, but that doesn’t mean she never thought something like that would ever happen in her life. Unconsciously, Byul have that small expectation that one day when she finally makes a confession to someone, it’ll be cheesy like those love stories.

Yet reality hits her hard.

She was still in high school and boy… does she ever imagine herself being drawn into such chaos involving her feelings? Well, never. Never in her life she thought of herself confessing to one of the famous girls in her high school years.

Worst, confessing after series of making out with the girl days before.

Yet here she is, standing in front of Kim Yongsun.

“I want you to be my girlfriend.”

She recalled her own words.

She waited for her.

She must have gone crazy – but for sure, Byul knew Yongsun is even crazier to be able to pull off various things at her. Various risky things.

“Oh...”

That first response made Byul curse mentally.

Did she not see it coming...?

Byul is getting impatient.

“What? After everything now, you still need to think about it?” Byul could care less about her patience. She’s been waiting for too long already. If Yongsun is going to run and feel disgusted by her, might as well do it soon. If Yongsun is going to reject her, might as well say it soon.

But Yongsun made a face at her.

It used to be easy to read Yongsun’s expression, but maybe it’s Byul’s nerves or maybe it’s just her being too impatient with Yongsun’s answer to her confession. But it’s killing Byul slowly and she don’t like the feeling of it at all. “Seriously, unnie, you need to say something.”

“You need to stop talking.”

“But the silence is killing—“

“Yes.”

“—me. Yes? Yes, what? Yes, you need time to think or—“

Byul froze, eyes fixed on Yongsun who tries to refuse to look at Byul.

“Wait, you said ‘yes’...?”

Yongsun finally turn her head towards Byul.

It was as if watching it in slow-mo.

Her cheeks are redder than usual.

Her expression is...unreadable, but still look as beautiful as she always been in Byul’s eyes. Byul swore every time she looks at Yongsun, her heart will flutter and skip a beat at her. She couldn’t help but let her heart race faster, her eyes were only looking at the older girl, she feels a little lightheaded again, her fists were clenched and it’s sweating, she was struggling to keep breathing the air at normal pace.

“...Yes.”

Byul gulped, blinked her eyes twice and dumbly ask, “Yes, you said ‘yes’?”

“Yes, Byul.”

“Oh, so... That ‘yes’ is—“

“Goddammit, Moon Byulyi.”

Wow, the president just cursed at her.

But she shouldn’t care about it.

All she should care about is the next thing Yongsun say.

“Yes, I want to be your girlfriend.”

Yongsun let out a long-tired sigh.

“For a smartass, you are very dumb at this.”

“Yah,” Byul could feel the rising heat on both cheeks. “I only get dumb like this around you.”

Yongsun narrowed her eyes at her, already got her stuff in hand – ready to leave for home.          

“Was that supposed to be greasy?”

Byul turns around and made her way to grab her own things. The older girl followed from behind, witnessing the sigh escaping the younger girl’s lips. It sends a little frown across Yongsun’s face, Byul saw it on the corner of her eye.

“No. It was supposed to be romantic.”

Yongsun have sped up her steps to match Byul's once the two walked out of the student council room. Byul was still having mixed feelings in her stomach, but it was a whole different one than before, especially when Yongsun says, “You have a weird way of being romantic. You should learn more, Byul.” And she doesn’t even feel offended by that.

When her hand brushes against Yongsun as they walk down the path to Yongsun’s house, Byul was forced to remember that they are now a couple. She and Yongsun. Moon Byulyi and Kim Yongsun are now official. Okay, maybe no one knows yet, but still... The thought of having such impossible relationship with the president is something Byul always dreamt of and yes, it does feel like a dream.

“So...” Byul began, eyes looking straight ahead. “So, we’re...dating now?”

She knows it was a dumb question, but she couldn’t help it.

Byul needs to be sure this is the reality she’s living in.

“Um, yes... I mean, you like me and,”

Byul felt the short glance at Yongsun’s way even though she’s not looking.

“And I like you, a lot...”

Wow, that one still makes Byul blush like a fangirl.

“And you asked me to be your girlfriend...and I said ‘yes’ to it.” Byul finally dared to glance at the older girl on her right side.

Yongsun shrugged softly, “So that means we’re dating.”

Wow.

Can you believe that?

After series of what happened since the first time she saw Kim Yongsun, how she’s in denial that she’s totally attracted to her, how she grew fond of her constant child-like behavior, how she admitted to herself that she is indeed falling for her and of course, how the two got involved in such intimate no-strings-attached thing – to the fact that she’s now dating her.

Moon Byulyi actually got the girl now.

Not just any girl, this is Kim Yongsun we’re talking about.

“Byul...?” The voice and how the owner of that voice hold onto her arm, preventing her from stepping even further, brings her back to this dreamlike reality. Byul blinked. They’re now in front of Yongsun’s house.

Oh... Get a grip, Byul!

“Are you okay?”

There’s concern in her eyes and tone.

Byul shook her head, gave Yongsun a reassuring smile and ran her hand to the back of her head – scratching it even when it’s not itchy at all. “Nah, it’s okay. I was just thinking, that’s all.”

Surely, something like that won’t take the frown off of Yongsun’s face.

“Are you really sure?” Her grip on Byul’s arm tighten a little, mentally pushing Byul to spill the truth.

But Byul was telling her the truth.

She was just simply thinking through things happened to her since High School started.

Byul put another reassuring smile across her face and now adding small pats on Yongsun’s head. It wasn’t meant to be another height difference insult and it’s good that Yongsun didn’t take this the wrong way. Byul get to witness how Yongsun’s cheeks turned a little redder than normal, but also resulting in Byul painting her own cheeks with similar color.

“Go on inside now. I need to fetch a few things at the market.”

It caught Byul off guard when Yongsun grab her hand from her head, it was natural when they intertwined their hands almost immediately.

Really, it never felt wrong whenever it involves Kim Yongsun.

“You’re not coming inside?”

“Not today, I have plenty of school work.”

“I have plenty of school work too.”

Byul feels the need to roll her eyes, but she pressed it down. Obviously, their study session never really end up with them studying on academics. More like, studying on how to please each other – okay, maybe not that far, but making out is sort of the first step to that, right? The thought made Byul feel a little hot and somehow embarrassed.

“I’ll help you at school or you can ask me through chat.”

They had a short pointless chat with Byul trying to convince Yongsun to go inside her house and that it is best for her to study on her own for once – Byul know she didn’t struggle much with academics. Byul also needs to have her time alone to actually study and keep up her good grades since these days she can’t seem to maintain it as good as she used to.

Byul had to promise the older girl that she will cook for Yongsun’s lunch tomorrow.

The president is really just a spoiled kid.

School next day comes too soon for Byul’s taste.

She woke up earlier because her phone keep on ringing. Yongsun had been trying to get to her, not only calls, she also received numbers of messages saying Byul should wake up and prepare her lunch so she won’t come late to school.

It’s cute, really.

But 4.30AM is too early.

Curse her light-sleeper habit, she had no choice but to wake up and prepare everything. Doing her morning routine accompanied by a certain girlfriend.

Chuckling softly, Byul stopped for a moment and smiled at herself.

Girlfriend.

The smile turned into a grin.

A tint of red blush showing up on the surface of her cheeks.

Praise all the gods exist, Kim Yongsun is now her girlfriend for real!

It was still unbelievable for her to believe in everything. And to be really honest, nothing much changed between them since they’ve been acting like lovers for nearly a month now – wow, the no-string-attached thing have been going on for almost a month? That’s a personal record for Byul. And did she just earn herself a girlfriend out of it?

She had never thought of this at all.

Here she is walking to fetch her girlfriend.

She has been doing this for Yongsun almost every single day since she admitted her feelings and it never made her nervous – okay, maybe a little – but the nervous she’s feeling right now as she walks down the same path, is completely different and new. Her mind has been going in rounds of possible “normal” yet not so normal line she should use at Yongsun. She started thinking maybe it’s a little too much, but for god’s sake her palms are sweating once she sees her girlfriend’s house just a few meters away from her now.

Ah, it.

She sped up a little and her walking steps turned into a small jog until she stopped at Yongsun’s gate.

Byul was about to grab her cellphone but stopped when she heard Yongsun’s voice.

“Mom, Byul is here. I’m going!”

Byul bit her lower lip.

She heard the door shut close followed by the sound of familiar footsteps.

Next thing she knew, she was standing in front of Kim Yongsun. She was about to take her time in admiring Yongsun’s neat morning look, she was always looking this good and Byul doesn’t know how she managed to do it so effortlessly.

When there’s only the two of them, Yongsun can be a little kid who loves wearing her crocs around her house and only in shorts and a simple t-shirt and when it comes to school and taking her role as the Student Council President, she immediately turned into this flawless President Solar.

And Byul loves both sides of Kim Yongsun.

“Byul-ah,”

The sound of her name spoken through Yongsun’s lips softly feels like a pure bliss.

God, just how gay she can be?

Byul keep her eyes straight – despite her be

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter