The Anxiety

Was I Dreaming?
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Wheein warned Yongsun and Byul exactly seven hours ago.

The warning gave a slightly anxious feeling for Byul. It won't be good if someone else but she and Yongsun know about what's going on between them. She hasn't paid any close attention about the rumors, she has been feeling fine too - she didn't sense anything odd, but she still feels anxious at times whenever Yongsun clinging to her so much at school. No, not just at school, she even felt anxious whenever the two were alone at Yongsun's house.

Yongsun would use the excuse "studying together" like she always do, only this time she will lock her bedroom door. In which sent suspicion to her parents - her mother, specifically and it will get super ugly if Yongsun's parents ever find out that their only daughter was involved in such intimate contact with her bestfriend without a single string attached.

"W, wait..." Byul managed to gasp out a word.

Ever since Yongsun initiate the first move, Byul hasn't given a single chance to even take a breath.

When Yongsun finally gave Byul a small space, she asked, "What is it?"

Byul glance at the front door, she couldn't shake the anxious feeling from the possibility of getting caught by Yongsun's parents. Yongsun said her parents were overseas since yesterday and they will be back the next day and so she thought it would be totally fine to make out with Byul without locking her door like she usually do or hide in Yongsun's bedroom. If Yongsun was okay with it, Byul was never feeling "okay".

When Yongsun got the idea, she reminded Byul.

"They'll be back by tomorrow, Byul. I told you this, remember?"

"Well, yeah, but there's nothing wrong with being careful." Byul tear herself away from Yongsun. "I felt more relief if the door is locked."

Byul heard footsteps from behind her, once she finished locking the door, she was welcomed by Yongsun standing just a feet away from her.

She knew what's in the older girl's mind, but to be very honestly, it wasn't the actual plan for Byul to visit her. But it's not like Byul can easily hold out the urge, she knew it that she also wanted it but the first plan also needs to happen - that is including talking and a little bit studying. Ah, scratch that studying, it was good enough if Byul can stop before the "study session" ended. Byul sigh mentally, daring her eyes to look at Yongsun in the eyes.

"We need to talk." Byul said, just in time before Yongsun could take another step closer.

Yongsun frowns, "Is something wrong?"

What we did is wrong.

Byul bit down her lower lip, she can't really say that to Yongsun. It would make her look like a hypocrite, saying what they're doing was wrong and they need to stop before everything is too far and yet Byul wanting it just as badly as Yongsun is. But right at this moment, Byul was sure when she's on the way to Yongsun's house. She's going to ask Yongsun about this thing they've been doing for nearly a week now and where are they going to take it; how far? Byul needs to know what Yongsun really think about their situation and maybe she will finally get a clue about Yongsun's feelings.

But seeing the look on Yongsun's face shook everything Byul planned.

Is she still have no idea about this...?

Byul never wanted to let Yongsun be burden by her.

"Byul, are you--"

Byul hold her hand, smiling. "It's nothing. There's nothing wrong."

And so, the plan never really happened.

But that didn't stop Byul from planning out another serious talk with Yongsun.

The next day came in a blink of an eye.

Byul remembered what Wheein said to Yongsun and Byul.

Yesterday the two were still "okay" and the students treat them like they always have been. Sure there are certain whispers here and there, even curious eyes looking at their way but it wasn't a really that big of a deal. The two - even Hwasa and Wheein - are now used to all the attention. It's amazing these kids haven't started a dedicated fanclub for Solar and Byul.

But those are what happened yesterday. Today was a whole different story.

Byul seen it clearly when the whole class choose her to be the mascot of the cafe. No, she's not going to wear clown's attire or something like that, the leader told her that she just need to wear the butler suit she prepared while welcoming and serving the customers. Byul couldn't say no when everyone agrees to it, they say it was a great strategy to attract more people since Byul is popular among the student bodies.

Last night she told Yongsun about it.

Yongsun don't seem to agree.

Byul had to say a few things to convince the older girl and she eventually gave in under the condition that she can't have a picture with anyone. It was ridiculous, Byul thought thinking people would want to take pictures with her is a little too much. She's only wearing a butler suit, it's not like she's going to attract everyone's attention like a Cinderella would. But since this is Yongsun she's dealing with, she went with it and Yongsun no longer to take on the matter further than that.

Although, the girl somehow refuse to give more space while walking to school, side by side.

Nah, Byul doesn't mind, she likes the close contact they did. She always like all of it (obviously, Yongsun is the girl she's been having feelings on). Yongsun looks cute when she's being a bit possessive - in a healthy way, of course - over Byul. It makes Byul feel so special. Byul didn't miss the change of hairstyle from the president. The older girl decided to give her hair more waves and it does make her look mature than usual and Byul loves it. She couldn't hold the urge to let out a sincere compliment.

"I like your hair. It's beautiful." Byul said, smiling.

"Oh," Byul caught Yongsun suddenly felt the tense around her shoulders.

"I mean, not just your hair. You really look beautiful today." She corrected.

It made Yongsun's blush deepen as she tuck some of her hair behind her ear while biting down her lowe

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter