A Phone Call To Another World

My Little Heartbreaker.

 

“Hello?”

“Hey.” My mouth was parched, and I cleared my voice, trying again.

“…Is that you?” she asked.

“Yeah.”

I had never expected it to be so awkward after a few months with my sister, but she was the total opposite of me – a total introvert and smart-.

“Why are you calling from a longer number?” I sighed. No matter how good Hyoseon was with her studies, she lacked a little common sense sometimes.

“…Uh. Married, Korea, moved? Any of that bring back memories?” I told her, putting my things back in my bag.

Hyoseon was two and a bit years older than me, and growing up with her was… interesting, to say the very least.

At very small ages, we had the same crushes and infatuations, and we always competed with each other for everything, no matter whether it was top mark, or the last French fry on the table.

“Hold on,” she said.

Now, she was a college student working on her architecture line in the middle of New York. The last time I spoke with her in person and privately was in my bridal chamber, minutes before I turned into Mrs. Kim Jae Joong.

A few rustling sounds were heard on the other line, and I opened the door of the bathroom, fully clothed and presentable, straight into Kim Kibum.

“I’m just talking to my sister.,” I whispered and shot him a smile.

He looked slightly stunned at my sudden change from depressed wifey to happy girl, but decided to smile back and close the door to my room, letting me have some private time.

“Yeah. How are you going?” In that moment, I wanted to scream and cry my lungs out till she could hear me all the way from the Big Apple.

“Help me.” My voice came out in a small squeak, and I started to shake.

Immediately, Hyoseon’s older sister attitude and she began shooting me with questions: was he hurting me, did I have a home, did I have friends… that kind of thing.

I don’t know why, but I just listened. It felt good to have someone take care of me that I knew inside out. Jonghyun, Taemin… Key, even though I had met them before… they were not my family.

DBSK.

Now there were four boys who I really missed. I remember going to their dorm and receiving a warm welcome and-

“I’m taking the next flight to Seoul. Meet me at the airport when I get there.” Hyoseon’s voice crackled over the line and I blinked.

“Wait. You’re what?!” I screamed, dropping my bra.

All I needed was some time to talk over the phone. Not for my older sister to drop everything she was doing and hop on a plane to see me!

“You can’t change my mind. I won’t tell mom and dad. Just be there tomorrow. I’ll text you the times. Gotta go, love you, bye.”

Click.

“… just hung up on me!” Although I was a little more than irked, a smile crept up my face. Indeed, Hyoseon did know me better than anyone else, and for me, the most irritating thing was when someone hung up on me.

Exactly five minutes later, just as I was arranging my personal belongings, my phone buzzed again and the large screen lit up.

[NEW MSG FROM SEON]

I pressed the button and glanced at the schedule she had made for herself.

[Plane leaves JFK @ 12:35 in afternoon. Meet me at the Incheon Airport at 2 AM. See you soon! ^^ ].

I was stunned. I was used to Hyoseon being quick and impulsive, but this? Really? How the hell was I supposed to get to Incheon Airport at ing 2 in the morning? A taxi? I wondered. 

My head snapped up, and I raced to my bedside drawer and rummaged through it, finally finding my sadly empty purse.

Shopping. The word every girl loves to hear. The insane rush of a great sale, the smell of freshly made tops and skirt and scarfs and jeans. Scarfs. I love scarfs. You know, shopping therapy actually works.  I’ve tried it a few times after… some sad movies.

I sighed. I wasn’t broke, but I hadn’t had time to access my bank account since I had run out on Jaejoong. Feeling depressed, I tossed my wallet onto the bed and crept downstairs, trying not to interrupt anything. I just wanted to make it to Key and get advice.

As I was passing a door, it suddenly flew open, startling me severely.  I gasped, my shoulders seizing up. Minho stepped out of the room, closed it tightly and leaned against the door. He stared at me, his eyes narrowed and his mouth a thin line. He looked pissed. Faintly, I wondered what I did. But I tried to smile. Nervously, albeit, but still a smile. I wasn’t too surprised when Minho glared even more, his lips almost disappearing.

It was silent for a few minutes as we stared each other down, and when I couldn’t take it anymore, I tried to dodge him and scurry down the stairs. Being the insane macho muscular athletic freak he is, Minho blocked me immediately and fluidly. 

 “Please,” he said quietly, his eyes on the carpet.

 “Please don’t create any trouble for us. I beg of you.”

And just like that, he walked away, almost as quickly as he had appeared. He was like a ghost, leaving me to myself and my thoughts.

Trouble?

What trouble was I?

“Don’t worry Seohyun-shi, Minho’s just looking out for the group.” I turned to find Jonghyun, smiling slightly with a towel over his shoulder and his hair dripping wet.

I nodded, still worried. It must have shown on my face, for his smile disappeared and he looked concerned.

“What trouble?” I asked, and he wore a sheepish expression, and rubbed the back of his neck.

“Well you know, none of us have had… you know, ties to a girl for a while…” A pink blush spread across his sharp cheekbones.

“And you’re Jae Joong hyung’s girl… but you’re also the first girl to come into the SHINee dorm… so, yeah.”

And it hit me. Obviously Minho was just watching out for s, as Jonghyun had said. But why say that to a married woman? Did he doubt my intentions? And even if I did have intentions, what the hell could they be? I was 17 years old, for crying out loud.

Oh, what every girl in the world would do to be in my position right now.

 

Haha, a double update. Happy Late New Years! Hope you guys have had a good break. Merry Christmas to those who celebrate it, we apologize for not updating for months. 

We've missed you guys. We'll hopefully update by next week. Ugh, school again ; A ; See you guys soon~ 

Don't wanna go :(

Love from Nightingale & InToXi