Confession

My Little Heartbreaker.

So... we messed up ^^; We accidentally posted the unedited version of Chapter 21, and here's the edited one. It was important to re-post this because we were missing something in the first version. Please read. There are differences~!

InToXiCaTeD-By-JaE did a wonderful job, though. :)

-Nightingale.


“...I’m sorry, what was that?” I spluttered, my cheeks heating up to a bright scarlet. A few moments of awkward silence passed with Taemin just continuing to stare at me and everyone else staring at him.

Jonghyun smiled apologetically, slyly putting a hand around Taemin’s mouth, forcing him back a few feet from Jaejoong and I. My husband clutched my hand like a toddler, his own cold and clammy. He looked utterly nervous.

I wondered what I looked like right now.

“Um... what he meant was,” Hyun Joong began hastily, keeping a strict eye on Jaejoong who was frozen beside me, “there are some rumours going around in SM that Seohyun is pregnant.” Jaejoong blanched, his upper body leaning forward.

“Are you sure it isn’t Seohyun from SNSD?” I pried, trying to make sense of the accusation.

I mean, seriously, what rumours?

As far as I was aware, the only people who knew we were married were our parents, and the other four members of DBSK..and obviously Jonghyun, Taemin and Hyun Joong. But Yunho Oppa DID mention that he was he only one out of the four opting to support our relationship right?

Ohmygod.

Junsu, Yoochun and Changmin wouldn’t got that far to get rid of me...would they? I mean, they all seemed to like me when I met them and they honestly seemed to love it when I visited them...

Jaejoong tapped lightly on my arm and I glanced up at him, startled to find him staring at me. I spent the next few seconds studying his eyes. As far-fetched as it sounded, I was getting better and better at reading his expressions, and each time, it kind of matched or mirrored mine.

Not in love.

Totally not in love.

From his beautiful brown eyes I could see the vehement denial that any of his band members would spread things as ridiculous as this. And considering he knew them for longer and more thoroughly than I did, what choice did I have but to believe him?

Jaejoong, seeming slightly disturbed at the whole thought of it, turned back to the three idols watching us and casually slung an arm over my shoulders.

“It wouldn’t really matter anyway because we are married,” he announced and the three of them smiled widely at me.

That's when it hit me. I'm so slow... I didn't realize that the three of them -Hyun Joong, Jonghyun, and Taemin- all thought we had slept together. Well, why wouldn't they? part of my mind scorned. You two are married after all, as Jaejoong said. Normal couples have .

Nevertheless, my cheeks instantly flamed. I tried to send frantic telepathic messages to them, screaming out 'I’M A I’M A !' Jonghyun caught my eye and winked at me, a naughty smirk decorating his perfect face. In reply, I ducked my head down, trying to stop my face from being the fire-engine red I knew it was.

“So, Seohyun-ah. What's it like, being the new Mrs. Kim Jaejoong?” Taemin teased, his cute little face almost splitting in half from the grin he bore.

Jaejoong leaned over and gave him a quick noogie, mussing the perfect hair I think he had used hours and hours to manage. While everyone was focusing on Jaejoong and Taemin, I quickly checked over my clothes and smoothed my hair down.

I always seemed sort of dull next to Jaejoong, without mentioning the other three next to him.

“She’s loving it,” he answered for me and I smiled shyly at the three men, hiding slightly behind Jaejoong's thin frame.

While the continued to speak, Hyun Joong stood up suddenly and asked for a glass of water. Being the great hostess *cough* fangirl *cough* I was, I automatically stood to show him where the kitchen was and offer him all the drinks Jaejoong owned.

But as I began to walk forward, beckoning to Hyun Joong Oppa to follow me, Jaejoong stood as well, blocking my path. I glanced up into his smiling face.

“Something wrong, love?” I reached up and brushed his bangs lovingly away from his eyes.

If I have to play a part, I have to do it well, don't I?

“No, nothing, yeobo,” he chirped. “I'll show him the drinks, shall I?”

Before I could protest, Jaejoong leaned down and pressed his lips against my forehead. Blushing furiously, I allowed him to take me by my shoulders and place me gently back down on the couch. Without another word, my husband and Hyun Joong disappeared down the hall, confusion still etched in every inch of my brain.

I stared at his back, wondering what was so wrong with me showing Hyun Joong when I realised I was sitting in a room with two gorgeous singers of SHINee...

All alone...

With their million dollar gazes fixed upon me.

They weren’t really safe with someone like me around, but then again, if I was alone with Hyun Joong he wouldn’t be any better off...

[Jaejoong]

I slipped into the kitchen with Hyun Joong trailing on my heels. Once I brought out glasses, I opened the refrigerator door, studiously ignoring my best friend as he inspected the champagne I had.

The cool air emanating from the fridge felt nice against my face and I stayed in that position for a few moments, just letting all my thoughts group up.

“Jae,” Hyun Joong said suddenly, startling me into slamming my head against the front of the fridge door. I yelped and grabbed the throbbing spot on my face.

“Aish...” I muttered, glaring at the shining metal with Hyun Joong's face reflected in it.

His face spread into a wide beam as he took the champagne from me and opened it, ignoring the loud pop that ensued. He daintily picked up a glass and quietly filled it to the brim. When he was finished, he sipped it silently, just watching me. His gaze was unnerving.

“Your wife. She's a pretty one,” he mused.

His voice was muted as I retreated into my mind, where the vibrant memory of Seohyun slowly the skin on her legs and chest when she was sleeping replayed over and over. I nearly moaned when I felt the hot feeling shoot from between my thighs.

“She’s mine.”

Dammit, Jaejong! You idiot, you just had to do that, didn't you?

My face flushing, I attempted to look as casual as I could after that statement by leaning against the counter, my hands stuffed into my jeans. I watched as Hyun Joong's face lit up into a friendly smile after being frozen for a second.

“You really like her that much?” And as easy as that was to admit, those few words to slip out of my lips, I couldn't say it. I just couldn't.

With Seohyun, it wasn't just like. For me... it was... is...love, and after Sohee, I haven't felt that way about anyone for a long, long time. It was clear to me that if Seohyun liked me a little bit more as Kim Jaejoong and a little less as Young Woong Jaejoong, we could have something.

“I love her,” I admitted quietly, feeling the heat rise to my face. I averted my gaze from Hyun Joong, only to feel his finger poke my cheek lovingly. I burst into laughter as he sang, “Jaejoong’s in love~”

“Shut up, !” I laughed, pushing him away, when suddenly he pulled me a bit closer and spoke in a hushed tone.

“We have to talk about those rumours,”

I froze and stared intently into my best friend's solemn eyes. “Who started them?” I asked immediately. “If this gets out... it'll all be over. All gone.” I gestured towards our immediate surroundings, my home. My Seohyun.

If the media found out, my life with Seohyun would be over. Sure, you're thinking it's not much of a life, is it? But it really is. The simple things like seeing her in the morning with her hair messy, the way our hands brush past each other, how her lips feel against mine...

If this is a dream, I never want to wake up.

“And Jaejoong-ah...are you sure this is right? For her? Twenty four years of age is a young age for a celebrity of such high status to get married, but come on! Seohyun is only seventeen!” I glared at Hyun Joong, almost daring him to voice what we both knew what he was thinking: You have no commitment.

Hyun Joong raised his hands. “Look, man, I'm not doubting you. I’m doubting the people around you. Something’s going to come out some time,” he said seriously, “and it's not always going to be true. Look at us. Here I was, not sure whether my best friend's wife was pregnant or not because he didn't tell me otherwise. Is that we've come to?”

He shrugged and raised his arms up in defeat, his smile sad.

“Hyung Joong, I'm sorry,” I said quietly. “I just need to remind myself of the people who truly love me, the people who would do anything for me. And I judged you. I told myself you wouldn't be there for me. And I'm so sorry. I know I was wrong now.” I stepped forward and allowed myself to be swept up into a friendly hug. Hyun Joong was a person I could always trust.

He nodded and we left the kitchen together, just in time to see Seohyun fall over in laughter with Jonghyun and Taemin beside her. At once I noticed how close Jonghyun was sitting by her, and I felt jealousy blur my vision.

Chill, Jaejoong, I told myself. She's your wife, not Jonghyun's. Calm down.

Taking deep breaths, I placed a wan smile on my face and walked into the room with Hyun Joong following me.

“Why is that every time I leave you alone with boys they always end up all over you?” I joked, half-serious. Seohyun wiped her tears away and laughed, giving me a grin. Taemin gave me a strange look and thumped his chest proudly.“Because we’re hotter than you, Hyung.
“Totally,” Jonghyun chimed in. “I mean, you're getting old, man!”
I burst into laughter. “Sure, sure. Whatever you say, kids.” Still chuckling, I reached over and sat beside Seohyun, wrapping my arm possessively around her waist. She shifted lightly against me and positioned herself comfortably, resting her head on my shoulder.
I smiled.
“Anyway, Hyung, why did you call us here? All jokes aside, of course,” Hyun Joong inquired.
 I glanced down at my wife, noticing that she was playing chopsticks with Jonghyun, ignoring our conversation. I lightly poked her side, forcing her to look up at me as I spoke.
“I called you three here because I trust you, and I need you to take care of something precious for me, something close to my heart,” I said slowly, trying to get my thoughts out with really confusing anyone.
Jonghyun and Taemin grinned. “Is it money?” Taemin asked. “'Cause if it's money, I can't guarantee you're gonna see it again.”
I paused. “No, it's not money. It's something of much more value, something gorgeous and true.”
Seohyun looked at me curiously.
“What is it, Jae?” Hyun Joong asked.
“I need you guys to...to take care of my wife.”