She's Back?

My Little Heartbreaker.

Seohyun's POV

 

I stared silently at the girl standing in front of Jaejoong. Who the hell was she and what was she doing in my home? Watching the elegant way she pushed her dark hair over her shoulder, I honestly didn't think even member of SNSD could look so flawless.

"S-Sohee," Jaejoong said weakly.

Sohee? Who the hell was Sohee? Why was her name so familiar and what...

Aaah, .

This was Kang Sohee, the girl that had broken Jaejoong's heart so many years ago. The girl that had hated me before she had even met me. And call it paranoia, or even a sixth sense, I had a funny feeling that Sohee wouldn't like me now that she had met me either.

"Jae! I missed you!" she exclaimed warmly and threw herself into his arms. I widened my eyes, staring at their tight embrace. 

Yoochun, on the other hand, smirked and crossed the room, perching lazily on the couch. But I couldn't move. I was frozen on the spot, watching Jaejoong hug her back, his arms crushing the life out of her. Before I knew it, I felt so worthless, so... so forgettable that I couldn't even take it.

I stepped forward. "Hi," I said uncertainly. "I'm Kim Seohyun, Jaejoong's wife."

Sohee slowly pulled out of Jaejoong's arms, her gaze once more sweeping over me. I tried not to see the distaste in her eyes as I swung my hand up to meet hers. When she shook it, her grip was unnaturally strong and steady and it sickened me to the core to admit that she was intimidating. She met my eyes and curled her lip.

"Hi," she said sweetly. "I'm Kang Sohee, Jaejoong's ex-girlfriend! Waaah~"- Sohee glanced at Jaejoong-, "you really like 'em young, don't you?"

"I'm not that young."

"Are you even allowed to drink yet?" Sohee smirked, noticing my long pause. "Boo. You're no fun. Jae, you used to love when we drank together, remember?"

Jaejoong smiled, a glazed over look in his eyes. My heart lurched. How could he forget me when I was standing right next to him? "Ha, yeah, I remember. Are you still able to drink like four bottles of liquor without getting tipsy?"

She winked at him, twirling her hair. "Even more now. We should go out drinking sometime, arasso?"

He nodded eagerly. A flash of anger went through me, and feeling impulsive, I strode over to Jaejoong, wrapping my arm around his waist and leaning my head against his chest.

"So, Sohee-ah," I purred, "what are you doing here?"

She laughed loftily. "Oh, you know, I'm definitely not trying to steal Jaejoong away from you, if that's what you're thinking!"

I laughed, but inside, the definite '' alarm was going off.

"I just came for old times' sake, you see," she said knowingly. "I missed Jaejoong, after all. All those long nights together..." She let her sentence trail off in the end.

Jaejoong chuckled nervously. "Yeah, I miss those too..."

I was seething. 'All those long nights together'? My hands trembled and my eye twitched. She was basically saying that she and Jaejoong had had . Many, many times. Or at least, that's what I was hearing. I was so angry, I was seeing red. Who did this honestly think she was?

"You guys were loud back then!" Yoochun mused. "Seriously! We were honestly thinking of getting your room soundproofed, Jaejoong, it was that bad."

When he caught sight of my tight lips and wide eyed glare, Yoochun giggled.

"Whoops. Sorry, kid."

WHAT THE .

I couldn’t feel anything after that. My whole body went numb, my tongue was heavy and it wouldn’t move. My brain was too far in shock to even register the wicked smirk that splayed on Yoochun’s face.

All I could feel was hurt; deep, unforgiving hurt.

Feeling the waterworks about to start again, I swallowed the choked up feeling and smiled weakly at them. "Yeah... I think I'm gonna get a cab and head to the SHINee dorm. See you, Sohee."

Yeah, right. I may not be the meanest girl around, but at that moment, I was certain that if I saw Sohee ever again, I would, without a doubt, rip her a new one.

I hurried to my room and grabbed the still-open duffel bag, shoving the clothes strewn all over the floor into it. It didn't matter what I took now as long as I got the hell out of there. After I had zipped up the bag, I threw on a pair of skinny jeans and flats, headed towards the door, and grabbed my coat along the way. I walked past Jaejoong and Sohee, trying my hardest to ignore their intertwined hands, their comfortable, happy stance...

..The way they actually looked like a couple.
 
But the second I had actually gotten to the door and threw it open, he looked up, startled.

"Seohyun, wait!" Jaejoong called after me but I shook my head and left the apartment, hurrying towards the busy street.

I stood there on the curb for a few seconds, wishing badly for a cab to stop but, obviously because of my ing luck, none showed up. When a high voice called my name, I looked up at the sky, begging God for forgiveness and to stop spiting me. And as if He had heard me, a yellow taxi drove up in front of me. I threw the door open and was about to climb in when a hand with long, bright pink nails stopped me.

She grabbed my arm tightly, holding me back. I stared at her hand, then at her, then back to her hand.

This did not just touch me...

"Look, I'm sorry but I'm expected elsewhere. Could you let go of me, please?" I said, trying to stop the anger from exploding out of me.

Sohee smirked. "I'm sorry, did I frighten you back there when I was flirting with your husband?"

I burst into incredulous laughter. "What?"


"You feel intimidated because Jaejoong thinks I'm hotter than you are," she spat. "And he's right. I am."

"Okay, why don't you say that again while my hands are free?" I dropped my duffel bag and shut the taxi door, folding my arms infront of my chest.

Sohee rolled her eyes, then placed her hands on her tiny waist, leaning forward. "I'm ier than you are. You haven't even slept with him yet... and you're married! Seriously? How much of a kid are you?"

I blushed. "It's my choice if I want to sleep with someone or not--" I began hotly, but she cut me off.

"Yeah, yeah, you're gonna go on about how it's your choice whether you want to be ed or not, blah blah blah. But seriously? I'm going to get Jaejoong. And that's not a threat. It's a ing fact, ."

She looked down at me triumphantly. Honestly, I was stunned. My mouth didn't seem to be working but my mind had A LOT to say.

THIS IS ING CRAZY.

"Well, someone can't get over losing a boyfriend," I muttered.

Sohee laughed. "Oh, you're funny. I never lost him. Jaejoong is still mine. You obviously didn't see the way he looked at me back there. And what about you, you're probably thinking? You're just a little 17 year old kid, what the can you do for him?" she said tauntingly.

"Honestly?" Sohee took a deep breath. "The reason I broke up with him in the first place was because of you. And I realized what I was missing. A hot, y guy for a boyfriend. A guy who actually cared about me when no one else would. And you know what? I'm not prepared to lose someone like him. But you should."

And right after her armour had disappeared for a second, she smirked, wiggled her perfect nails in a little wave, and then hurried back into Jaejoong's apartment, the clacking of her sharp stilettos on the pavement resounding in my ears and my heart.

Kang Sohee. Well, part of my mind said, at least you finally got to meet her. You finally got to meet the girl who had captured Jaejoong's heart, the one who had entranced him with her mind and body. The one who he had loved like no other.

Aw, shut up, I told myself.

My day could honestly not get any worse than this.

But when I turned around, I noticed the taxi had driven off in the midst of our argument.

Alright then. I guess it could.

I angrily slammed the palm of my right hand against my forehead, feeling the hot tears I had been holding in all day slip down my cheeks and drop onto my top. I cried on the curb of the street, feeling utterly ridiculous and stupid, so young and inexperienced. Why did my life so bad? Why was I so... so undesirable? Yes, I was married to Kim Jaejoong. But that didn't mean that I was wanted.

Or even loved.

Through the warm blur of my tears, I sniffled, watching the distinct shape of a dark, sleek Mercedes. It stopped right next to me and the tinted window slowly rolled down. “Hey.” Kim Hyun Joong smiled up at me. “You look like you need a ride.”

I nodded slowly, beginning to feel self conscious again.

Great, Seohyun, your husband’s ex turns up, rubs herself all over him, and you’re STILL fretting over your looks, I thought bitterly.

I'm such an .

Hyun Joong, sensing my hesitancy and awkwardness, spoke softly. “Yoochun called. He said-“

I grabbed the passenger door, flung it open, threw myself in and slammed it again. Hyun Joong winced.

Tossing my duffel bag next to me, I grabbed some tissues and quietly blew my nose. There was no point going to SHINee’s dorm looking like a tramp and being vulnerable enough to be subjected into yet another water works session. I was about to slip into my insecurities when I suddenly noticed Hyun Joong hadn't started the car.

Instead, he stared curiously out my window, watching Jaejoong's apartment. And as if on cue, the doors burst open.

Jaejoong sprinted out of the revolving doors, leaning on his hands to catch his breath. For a single moment, I was touched that he had ran so far to get me. But as soon as I saw Sohee and Yoochun follow, I leaned over to Hyun Joong and told him to step on it.

At that precise moment, Jaejoong’s eyes caught mine and he began walking rapidly to the car. Hyun Joong hesitated like he did before, but I tore my eyes away from my husband, intent on ignoring the pain he had caused me.

 
“Drive.”
 

He nodded once and pressed his foot against the pedal, flooring it. As the car sped down the street, I felt myself being pushed backwards and I sighed, glancing out the rear-view mirror. I watched through teary eyes as Jaejoong stop running and looked longingly at the rear of the car. Slightly behind him however, Sohee stood with a pleased smile that nearly everybody could see from a mile away.

I pushed my right hand out of the window and flipped her and Yoochun off. them.

Hyun Joong glanced sideways at me, his eyes calm and collected. “So…where are we going again?"

Pushing my messy hair from my eyes, I whispered. “Anywhere. Just... just take me to SHINee’s dorm. Anywhere but there.”

Hyun Joong nodded and the car began to purr, lulling me into a dark, dreamless sleep.


 

Hey, you guys. Thank you so much for your lovely words of encouragement. We really appreciate them ^^ InToXi and I collaborated on this chapter and we'd like to know what you guys think.

Tell us in the comments below?

Thanks <3 :DD

 on a completely different note, I sprained my ankle yesterday falling down the stairs. FML :(

-Nightingale