HAPPY BIRTHDAY CHENCHEN

One Plus One Equals Three: The BaekChenLay Chronicles

HAPPY 31ST BIRTHDAY TO OUR LOVELY CHENCHEN!!

And here we are with another celebratory double update!

Can I just say, it's been SUCH a joy getting to see the boys perform together on stage again for one of the best summer comebacks of the year! *o*

I have been in perpetual screaming mode since the first set of teaser images for Let Me In dropped, all the way until the last live stage of Cream Soda.

and past that, let's be forreal. like highkey, i'm still crying over the DEEP Vs omg someone pls help

also does anyone know why they randomly showed someone's throat in the cream soda mv??? i'm still so confused by that??? HAHAHA

I haven't had time to watch EXO Ladder yet, but I know when I finally get a chance to sit down and binge-watch it all, I'm going to combust from pure happiness seeing the boys have fun together, hehe ^^

And EXO finally went on Killing Voice?!?!? How are they all so awe-inspiringly TALENTED?!?!?

I feel like I've said this so many times, but if I had even a FRACTION of the talent that they did, I'd be completely content for the rest of my life, hehe :')

Also, looking back on the past few months, I realized I never spoke about the lawsuit, which is surprising since it involved two of my biases. Then again, I also haven't updated since Baekhyun's birthday (and I deeply apologize for that; juggling six part-time jobs leaves me with virtually no free time whatsoever ><;;) so I guess it really isn't that surprising when I think about it.

At this point, there isn't much to say except that I prioritize the boys' happiness above all.

Was it incredibly shocking when that first article dropped out of nowhere?

Yes.

Did I cry when I read the news?

Yes.

Did I lose sleep over the news?

Yes.

Am I a fan that's way too invested and probably needs to chill out?

Yes.

Again, not surprising considering how torn up I was about Lay leaving SME (although I believe they've since worked out an arrangement as well? pls correct me if I'm wrong tho, since I'm not in fandom spaces as much right now due to lack of free time ><;;) because of the possible implications about his status as an EXO member.

But reading their letters about the situation, how scared they were to speak out and go against this juggernaut of a company, pained my heart even more than the thought of my selfish, delulu dreams dissolving into dust. I never want these boys to ever doubt their voice, their importance, their WORTH as idols, as performers, and as PEOPLE.

And no matter what happens in the future, whether they stay or leave SME, I will follow them and support them wholeheartedly. As long as they're happy and thriving in the way that they want to, I will be here cheering them on to the stars and back.

But enough talk about that. This is a happy day, so we're now going to focus on the man of the hour and celebrate the fact that Chen is BACK making music, not only with the boys, but as the shining star of a soloist that he's always been! *o*

I'm just SO happy that Chen is releasing music and performing on stage again! This past year alone, he's already released TWO solo albums and done group promotions, and his FIRST-EVER SOLO TOUR! *o*

I'll be honest, I do wish it were more than a Japanese tour so I could actually go y'all don't even know i've been waiting for this since 2019 when he first spoke about it during his early solo promotions but I'll take what we can get right now after such a long content drought. :')

Fingers crossed for a proper Korean tour or a world tour with an LA stop! i will literally sell my soul for tix if it happens hehe

Regardless, I'm incredibly proud of you, Jongdae!

You've worked SO hard for these opportunities and you've never given up, no matter the obstacles that stood in your way.

You're truly living your best life right now and I'm filled to the brim with pure happiness, because that's all I've ever wanted for you.

To be content, joyful, and thriving on the stage that you love so much. <3

THANK YOU FOR SINGING YOUR HEART OUT EVERY TIME YOU PERFORM AND SHOWCASING YOUR AMAZING TALENT WITH THE WORLD.

THANK YOU FOR CONTINUING TO SHINE ON STAGE, BOTH AS A SOLOIST AND AS AN EXO MEMBER.

THANK YOU FOR SHARING YOUR IMPECCABLY BEAUTIFUL SMILE WITH US.

THANK YOU FOR WALKING THIS EARTH, CHEN OF EXO.

THANK YOU FOR WALKING THIS EARTH, KIM JONGDAE.