HAPPY BIRTHDAY BBY BAEK

One Plus One Equals Three: The BaekChenLay Chronicles

HAPPY 29TH BIRTHDAY TO OUR AMAZING BBY BAEK!!

And here we are with a double update to celebrate!

Honestly, writing this is making me really emotional. Because, as we all know, Baekhyun is finally enlisting today. And he won’t be back until early 2023.

It was completely expected that he would have to go sometime this year. He was approaching the age limit and I was honestly really surprised that he managed to push it back as far as he did. If you remember my birthday message to him last year, I talked a lot about how I wanted him to enlist ASAP. And those feelings still hold up, because I’m really glad he’ll be sleeping and eating regularly, and military service can be a wonderful time of healing for most idols.

But that doesn’t mean I won’t miss him dearly while he’s gone for two years.

It’s also a little bit sad that his enlistment is hanging over his birthday like a cloud, but this is still a day for celebration and I’m going to put in as many good vibes into the universe as I can, because he deserves to be showered with happiness on his extra special day. :)

Things have been really tough this past year, but Baekhyun has rocketed to new heights and I am SO proud of everything he’s done during the pandemic!

This incredibly talented man was able to release THREE albums in less than one year! He had his very first solo concert, which was AMAZING, and I cried buckets because I was just so happy to see him after so long. hello vlive, where is the concert vod????? it’s been over 4 months now OTL

He’s released numerous collabs and broken several records, most of which were his own. He also taught a really awesome dance class as Professor Baekhyun and I’m so grateful that I can now officially call myself one of his students! x]

Honestly, he’s living his best life right now and I’m just really, really happy for him. He deserves all of the happiness and success he’s reaped after putting in SO much hard work over the years.

Baekhyun truly is the definition of a genius idol and I’m so excited to see how his career continues to grow once he’s finished his military service. ^^

Please serve well and serve safely, Baekhyun!

We’ll all be anxiously awaiting your return and I hope you can take of your health during this well-deserved period of rest!

It’s been such an honor watching you grow as a performer over the years and you’ve really hammered home the importance of never giving up, even when the chips are stacked against you.

Something you said during your dance class really resonated with me, and I will carry that in my heart for the rest of my life as I take this time to work on myself and my professional career.

“The best way to live your life is to try everything, even if things get difficult or don't work out, than to say you can't do it and just give up. You can’t give up without trying your best. That’s just being lazy.”

I hope that I can show you a better version of myself by the time you return to us and make you proud, just as you’ve made us!

THANK YOU FOR EVOLVING AND MATURING INTO SUCH A WELL-ROUNDED, TALENTED HUMAN BEING.

THANK YOU FOR CARING SO MUCH ABOUT YOUR FRIENDS, YOUR FAMILY, AND YOUR FANS.

THANK YOU FOR ALWAYS PERSEVERING AND BRINGING YOUR BEST TO THE TABLE.

THANK YOU FOR BLESSING THE UNIVERSE, BAEKHYUN OF EXO.

THANK YOU FOR BLESSING THE UNIVERSE, BYUN BAEKHYUN.