Chapter 7: He isn't going anywhere near her.

The Dragon and Cherry Blossoms

Seohyun reached over to put on her earrings for the ball.

"Done," she said.

 

 

Seohyun looked at herself in the mirror and a satisfied smile appeared on her face. She went downstairs and found Yonghwa pacing around the living room.

"You ready?" Seohyun asked as she went down the last step of the stairs.

"Yeah," Yonghwa turned to look at her.

He stood there and looked at her from head to toe. Then, he smiled.

"What?" Seohyun asked.

"It's just that...you, look great," He said and put on his jacket.

Seohyun can feel her cheeks becoming warm. She gave him an awkward smile and looked at what he was wearing. 

"You look pretty handsome yourself," Seohyun told him.

He nodded with a smile and passed her a hand gun. She hid the hand gun under her dress, while he hid his in his jacket. Then, they left for the ball.

They both stopped at the entrance of the ballroom after showing their tickets.

"So, what are we going to do here?" Yonghwa asked Seohyun.

She shrugged her shoulders and replied,
"Let's try to find more info on his so-called 'friends.' Maybe, they support his actions."

"Can we also have fun?" Yonghwa asked Seohyun.

She shook her head,
"We aren't here to have fun. We can't get distracted."

"Awww...don't be a party pooper. Don't you think we would look a little bit suspicious if we are just focused on one thing? People are going to wonder why we wander and wander, ask questions, but don't participate in anything? C'mon, I know it's a mission, but you should loosen up a bit," He said matter-of-factly.

She rolled her eyes,
"Do you really think that's the smartest idea?"

Yonghwa offered his arm to Seohyun. She took it even though she became a little hesitant. They walked in to see a bright and wonderful ballroom full of people laughing, chatting, drinking and dancing. Although, everybody dressed very formally, they looked like they were having the time of their lives.

"See? Loosen up, then, we should blend in with the crowd," Yonghwa whispered to Seohyun.

She sighed and said,
"Alright, I am trusting you on this."

"Good," He replied.

They noticed many round tables covered with white cloths numbered with cards sitting on stands. Their ticket said table 15. They searched around and found that they are sitting in the same table as Bryant. 

"Do you think he remembers what happened the other night?" Seohyun whispered to Yonghwa as they began walking towards the table.

"Just play it cool and make up a story," he whispered back. 

They soon reached the table and sat across Bryant who was busy chatting amongst a few people. He chuckled, took another sip of his martini and looked over. He caught sight of Yonghwa and Seohyun and smirked.

"Fancy meeting you two here," he said and slowly set down his martini glass.


Yonghwa's POV

Aish...things just got a bit awkward after he saw us. I really don't want to be in front of this guy. I can see in his eyes he wants Seohyun, pssh...over my dead body!

"Seohyun, look stunning," he told her.

She smiled and gave a small bow,
"Thank you. You also look great."

Bryant smiled at her and when he turned to me, I can see in his eyes that he isn't pleased that I am her date. Hmph, what do you expect? Of course I am. We are "together." At least, by Chief Kim's orders we are. But soon, I will make sure it's by our orders. I really want us to be together. I know she still loves me, she's just afraid that we will hurt each other, but if it's for her; I am willing to get hurt. 

"Ah, Yonghwa. How's life? Well, it must be wonderful; since you have such a wonderful lady right here," He said, but turned his attention back to Seohyun.

She smiled awkwardly and he chuckled. Probably at how cute she is when she does.

"Yeah," I said and put my arm around Seohyun, "She sure is a wonderful lady, even though she can be a handful sometimes. I will always love her."

I kissed her on the head and saw Bryant's reaction. His sly smile turned into a blank face. 

He isn't going anywhere near her and that's final. 

I heard the music change into a slow song and decided to take this chance to escape for a second.  I took Seohyun's hand and said,
"Hyun, why don't we dance?" 

She gave me a face that she didn't want to, but I tugged her a bit. She sighed, got her bag and I led her to the dance floor. I saw Bryant's annoyed face and I smiled happily as we reached the dance floor. 

 

A/N: Sorry for the short update. I've been super busy, but don't worry. upcoming updates will be full of excitement :D