Chapter 29: New Mission

The Dragon and Cherry Blossoms

Yonghwa's POV

I waited for President Lee outside the venue of his party. His car stopped in front and he waved at everyone as he walked up the stairs and stopped in front of me.

"Yonghwa, it's nice to see you again," President Lee greeted me warmly with a shake of his hand.

I smiled at him and bowed,
"Hello President Lee. How are you? How is Mi Cha and your wife?"

We entered the venue, with his body guards in the front and behind of us. We are all heading out for the banquet he decided to hold for his birthday and invited his closest friends- government officials from other countries to his old classmates- and his family. 

"I'm doing great and so is my wife. Mi Cha has been doing well since the incident, she's been working hard and even decided to volunteer at the animal shelter twice a week," He replied.

I nodded my head,
"I'm happy to hear that's she's been doing well."

He turned to me with a smile that made his eyes disappear, 
"Thanks to you and Seohyun for helping."

Before I could say anything, a guard in front of us spoke,
"President Lee, we will lead you to your table with your family. Agent Jung will stay at the same table as you."

My eyes widened in surprise as I heard the news,
"President Lee, it's a table for your family, I know I'm here for you and your family's safety, but I think I should just stay nearby. I don't want to be intruding-"

"Nonsense, consider yourself a close friend of our family. Both you and Seohyun," He patted my back and I bowed in response. 

We entered through the doors of the hall. There were many white-clothed tables surrounding a huge dance floor. It reminded me of the masquerade Seohyun and I went to, but this was on a much more bigger scale. 

Everyone in the banquet stood up and bowed to the President and he bowed and waved at them with a smile on his face. We sat at the table where Mi Cha and his wife were already sitting. 

"Yonghwa! It's nice to see you again! How are you and Seohyun?" Mrs. Lee stood up and shook my hand.

"Seohyun and I are doing great. She's doing a different mission right now," I replied and she offered me the seat between President Lee and Mi Cha.

Mi Cha stood up and gave me a hug,
"Hi Yonghwa-ssi, you're looking good."

I chuckled,
"Thanks Mi Cha-ssi, you look great too."

"Yonghwa, I need to go up on stage," President Lee turned to me and I nodded.

I followed President Lee on stage and stood a couple of feet next to him. 

I turned my earpiece on that would connect with the other security guards. 

"Good evening. I would like to welcome all the people who are able to make it tonight. My family and friends, thank you so much for the kind words and greetings. I hope you all have a wonderful evening," He said in English. 

The party-goers clapped their hands when he finished. 

"Great job President Lee," I told him.

He thanked me and we went to his table. Although I chatted with everyone at the table, my ears and eyes were on high alert. The rumor of someone assasinating the President has made the whole security tense up. Guards walked around the perimeter, sharp shooters were outside and the guards that are inside would monitor every area of the building. I was assigned to stay with the President for the night and so far everything has been normal. 

CRASH!!!

My head snapped to the left where I heard the crash. 

A waiter bowed his head constantly, apologizing for the disturbance he made. I heard Mi Cha get out of her seat and that's when I watched her walk over to the waiter.

"Mi Cha?" Her mother called for her.

"I'll be back Omma," She smiled, held her dress up so she won't trip on it and walked over to him.

 

Mi Cha walked over to the man who dropped the fine china. He had 

"Miss Lee, please, get back to the party. I have this," The man tried stopping her from picking up the broken plates.

"Let me help, please, and if your boss gets mad at you and tries to take this out of your pay, I will handle it. That rude woman should have looked where she was going or at least apologize for making you drop it," She smiled at him.

The man was surprised by her kindness, he has only heard bad things about the President's daughter. He was told that she may be pretty, but she's a spoiled and bossy girl who's only doing her recent volunteering to make herself look good in the public, but before his eyes. The girl was going down in her knees, helping the stranger who created a loud disturbance in her father's party. 

"May I know your name?" She asked as she put the last few broken pieces on his tray. 

"My name is-" The man started, but was cut off by her mother's voice.

"Mi Cha!! Look out!" 

Mi Cha quickly turned, but the man she helped grabbed her hand and pushed her down to the ground. He put his hand under her head so she wouldn't hurt her head on the floor. He took a deep breath in relief, knowing he saved her.

"W-What was that?" Mi Cha asked after realizing she was staring at him for what seemed like forever.

His eyes widened, he was dangerously close to her. One bad move and they could have-

"Mi Cha!" Yonghwa, followed by Mr. and Mrs. Lee.

The waiter quickly went back to his feet and took his hand out. She accepted his help and stood up quickly. 

"Thank you young man, thank you so much," Mr. Lee shook bowed and shook his hand. 

The waiter nervously smiled as he bowed and shook the President's hand. 

"Child are you alright?" Mrs. Lee put her hands on her daughter's shoulders.

Mi Cha nodded, still confused about what happened.

Yonghwa turned to Mi Cha,
"A knife came flying in your direction, he saved your life."

She turned to the waiter whose name she did not know yet.

"President, you and your wife will be escorted with your guards. Mi Cha will stick with me for now. The guards will lead you to a safer area, Mi Cha will meet you both soon," Yonghwa told them and they nodded.

"Be careful," President Lee kissed his daughter's head and smiled at Yonghwa.

"Hey, you did a great job. You're really quick on your feet," Yonghwa told the waiter who stood there in shock of what just happened in the last 2 minutes.

"Everyone must evacuate the building. Please leave in an orderly fashion and go out the emergency exits. If there are any problems, look for any security guards," The Head of Security announed in the microphone on the stage. 

"I think I should leave too," He smiled and bowed.

"Wait, umm...may I know your name?" Mi Cha asked.

He smiled and bowed at her,
"My name is Tao."

She nodded in response and the man named Tao quickly left.

"Mi Cha, let's go. I have to move you to a safer place," Yonghwa put his hand on Mi Cha's shoulder. 

Mi Cha continued to watch Tao walk away until he disappeared with the crowd of people. 

"Alright," She replied and followed Yonghwa. 

The two went to the nearest exit and quickly made it outside where the helicopter was. Yonghwa grabbed Mi Cha by the hand and brought her to the helicopter and went on with her. 

"She is safely on the helicopter," Yonghwa spoke in his mic.

"Good work Agent Jung, see you soon," Head of Security said.

"Laters," He replied and ended the call.

He looked at Mi Cha who stared out her window. Yonghwa smirked.

"Thinking of that guy who saved your life?"

Mi Cha snapped back into reality. She snapped her head at him.

"His Korean was a bit shaky. I wonder what's his first language," She replied.

"Mhm...I don't think this is a good time thinking about guys in this current situation," Yonghwa chuckled.

Mi Cha rolled her eyes,
"Yeah, yeah..."

----

In the Blue House, security looked throughout the building for any signs of who attacked the president's daughter. 

"Look at this," one of the guards called over the Head. 

A pieces of paper, typed, said:

The first of many. 

- S

His eyebrows furrowed in confusion. What the hell is going on?

"Bring this to forensic invesitgators," The picked up the paper with a glove and put into a small plastic bag and handed it to one of his men.

"Let's look at the security cams," He told his men and they headed to the security room.

The Head of Security has been protecting the President and his family for the past 15 years and not a single one of them have been killed or injured under his watch.

And it won't start now.

----

"Seohyun, we must tell you that you are recieving a partner for this mission. I don't think you can handle about 50 guys in one room by yourself," Chief Ken smiled warmly at her.

"Oh...okay Chief," She nodded.

They were sitting in his office in Tokyo. The same place she saw Yonghwa for the first time in many years only about a month ago. Another partner? She rarely gets partners, let alone twice in a row. 

I heard a couple of knocks on the door before the person came inside. I took a deep breath before turning around to be greeted by the new face. 

"Hello, I am Lee Jonghyun," He bowed, smiled and held his hand out.

I shook his hand and bowed,
"Hello, my name is Seo Joo Hyun, but call me Seohyun."

He lifted his eyebrow in surprise. 

"So, you're Seohyun," His voice soft, but in a surprised tone. 

~~

I'm horrible, I'm so sorry I didn't update sooner like I promised.

UGH. mianhe ;__;