Chapter 26: "You kids are attracting ants here!"

The Dragon and Cherry Blossoms

After breakfast, Yonghwa and Seohyun grabbed their suitcases from Yonghwa's car and put it in Seohyun's room. 

"Your room here looks a lot like your old on in Seoul," Yonghwa said as he put his suitcase against Seohyun's bed. 

Seohyun looked around and nodded,
"Yup, I try to keep it that way."

Yonghwa smiled as he did a 360 degree check around her room. He then caught sight of Seohyun's bookshelves against the wall. He walked over and noticed  Seohyun's book collection was a LOT larger than last time. 

"Wow..." He said in amazement as he read the spine labels of the book.

"There's more, but they are downstairs in the living room. There are 2 book shelves there," She laughed.

"Hey," Yonghwa noticed their high school yearbook at the last shelf. 

He grabbed it and wiped off some of the dust. He flipped through the pages to look for the senior photos and soon found Seohyun.

"Omo! Look at you! You looked so cute! What happened?" He laughed as he looked at the photo.

Yonghwa jumped on the bed laid against the back board. Seohyun joined him and giggled.

"Yah! You don't think I'm cute anymore?" Seohyun lightly slapped Yonghwa's shoulder.

"Haha, I'm kidding, I'm kidding. You're beautiful and cute and y all at the same time," Yonghwa gave her a quick kiss on the lips. 

Seohyun blushed and laughed,
"Fine, let's look for you."

She flipped a few pages back and quickly found Yonghwa's teenage face.

"Aha! You were cute too!" She pointed at the photo and smiled. 

"Hah, well, I was pretty good-looking," Yonghwa jokingly replied.

Seohyun chuckled and rested her head on his shoulder. 

"We better go dowstairs, my parents want to catch up with everything," She said as she was about to get off the bed.

Yonghwa set the yearbook aside and quickly grabbed Seohyun's arm and pulled her into an embrace. He lied down with her head resting on his chest.

"Yah, Yonghwa, didn't you hear me?" Seohyun looked at Yonghwa who was smiling.

"Let's stay here for a bit longer. I'm tired," He replied.

"Well, go ahead and sleep here and I'll go downstairs and..." She stopped speaking as she saw Yonghwa pouting his lips cutely.

"I want you here beside me, please?" He continued to pout.

Seohyun -a bit taken aback with his cute action- gave in and stayed with him. 

"Yong," She called after a couple of minutes of listening to their breathing.

"Mm?" Yonghwa responded and looked at her.

She shifted herself upward so she can meet him at eye-level,
"I'm happy you're here. I really am."

Yonghwa smiled and claimed her lips. The kiss soon deepened and before they knew it- they were already gasping for air. Yonghwa caressed her cheek and stared at her beautiful face. Seohyun placed her hand over his and kissed his palm. Yonghwa chuckled and Seohyun smiled sweetly.

They didn't know however, that Seohyun's parents can see what they were doing. It was by accident though. Seohyun's mother was about to knock on the door, until she realized it was slightly open. She was going to call them down so they can chat, but caught them kissing. Seohyun's mother became giggling with excitement like a teenage girl because of all the sweetness the two are showing. Soon followed Mr. Seo, who was going to use the bathroom, but noticed his wife peeping through their daughter's bedroom. He took a peep to see what she saw and found his daughter and her boyfriend acting lovey dovey in her bed.

Before Mr. Seo could even push the door wider, Mrs. Seo stopped him. 

"Honey, don't disturb the kids. They must be so tired and they are just taking a rest in bed," Mrs. Seo hissed at Mr. Seo.

His eyes widened in surprise and before he could argue with his wife, they heard their daughter's voice.

"Omma? Appa? What...are you doing?" She asked in surprise as she noticed the door slightly open and caught sight of her mother.

"Ohh...child, I was going to call both of you down, but it seems like you are busy so I should leave. You two should take a rest since you came here pretty early without a break," Her mother smiled brightly.

Seohyun and Yonghwa got out of bed and were slightly embarassed, realizing that Seohyun's mother must have seen them making out in Seohyun's bed. 

"Ahh...it's fine Omma, we should go ahead spend time with you both since we haven't seen each other in a long while," Yonghwa suggested. 

Seohyun's mother was hesitant, but said,
"Alright, let's go to the beach."

Seohyun and Yonghwa agreed and began helping prepare the food for the picnic. Seohyun's dad decided to take the day-off for them and  they soon went off. 

(While Seohyun and Yonghwa was asleep in the car)

"Yeobo," Seohyun's mother turned to her husband of 25 years.

"Mm?" Her husband glanced at her.

"What do you really think of them dating again?" She asked him.

He sighed, and glanced at the two sleeping in the back.

"I feel like we turned back time and it reminds me when they were juniors. Remember? When the two wanted to go to the beach and have us and Yonghwa's family get together?" Mr. Seo said as he made a left turn in the freeway.

Mrs. Seo smiled as she reminiscence the memory,
"But really, do you approve?"

Mr. Seo nodded,
"At first, I didn't, but seeing how happy she is- I don't want to break her heart. Yonghwa must have a reason in why he had to leave suddenly, and our little girl is smart. She loves him, but she knows how to control herself. If she's willing to give him a second chance, we should too. But."

He paused and glanced at the couple in the back again, then at his wife,
"If he screws up, I'm gonna kick his a**."

Mrs. Seo noticed his seriousness, but couldn't help but lightly chuckle at how her husband acted. She's happy that she has such a wonderful man by her side and she believes that Yonghwa is just as great and that him and her daughter are a perfect match. 

"Oh, you're such a great appa," She kissed her husband on the cheek.

Her husband smiled and his cheeks turned pinkish. Even after all these years, the two still have the same spark they had 25 years ago and act all lovey dovey. 

They held each other's hand on Mrs. Seo's arm rest for the rest of the way- thinking about their child and Yonghwa- hoping that the two will have a great relationship.


Yonghwa's POV

I was woken up by a sweet kiss from Seohyun.

"Yong, we're here," I heard her voice. 

I opened my eyes to be greeted by Seohyun's face with the sunlight hitting my eyes. I rubbed my eyes and stretched my arms. Seohyun's parents weren't at the front anymore and I saw a beach and a cloudless sky through the window. 

"Hmm...okay, where's your parents?" I asked as we both stepped out of the car.

"My appa is getting a fire pit and my omma is getting the picnic food and what not," She said as she flung her bag over her shoulder and grabbed a picnic blanket from the trunk.

I helped her and grabbed two foldable chairs. As I tucked them under my arms, I followed her down to the beach. That was when I noticed what she was wearing: blue short shorts, a gray v-neck shirt, red-striped flip flops and shades. 

"Lookin good, y," I from behind.

"Yah! Don't talk like that with my parents around," She hissed and I laughed.

We caught sight of her appa setting a backpack on the sand nearby a fire pit. We stopped there and I set up the foldable chairs around the pit. 

I turned around to find Omma having trouble carrying the cooler and I rushed to her side and help.

"OH!" She turned to me, "Kamsahamnida Yonghwa."

I bowed and replied,
"No problem Omma. Just please, next time- just call for my help if you have trouble."

I carried the cooler and I heard her chuckle in response, next to me. 

After helping set up I sat next to Seohyun who was sitting on a picnic blanket and began to cut some fruit her mother brought from home. 

"Here," She picked up a piece of watermelon and held it in front of me. I opened my mouth and she fed me.

"Ooh, this is sweet," I said as I ate the piece. 

She passed me another piece and fed me again. 

"Here, let me try," She said, but before she got to pick up a piece, I took one and hand held it in front of her like she did to me.

She giggled and let me feed her.

She then nodded and said,
"Mm...my omma always knows how to get the best watermelon."

"Yep," I smiled.

"Hey, I packed some ingredients to make smores later," Yonghwa told Seohyun.

"Huh? Where did you get them? We didn't go to the market or anything," Seohyun rose her eyebrow at him.

I wrapped my arm around her shoulder,
"Your parents have practically everything in their kitchen. It's amazing."

"Seohyun, Yonghwa, come over here," Mr. Seo called us a couple of yards away. 

"Yes, Appa?" Seohyun said as he took a seat on a long log nearby.

"Let's catch up hm? We haven't talked in awhile," He said with a smile on his face.

I gulped, I was slightly nervous- I mean, I haven't seen the man in ages. Also, he's Seohyun's father and I have seen his bad side before.  

"So, what have you been up to the past couple of years?" He looked at me. 

"I've been working under the WSA," I poked a piece of watermelon with a fork and ate it. 

"Huh? So, you two have been under the same work this whole time?" Omma said in surprise.

"That's the reason why he had to leave without a word after graduation. It would blow his cover since this is really a secretive job. We only found out when we partnered up about a month ago," Seohyun softly laughed. 

Hearing her mention me leaving after graduation, felt like a sting in my heart. After graduation, I left a boquet of flowers for her at her doorstep and as I was on my way to the university's location, I cried in the car. I really didn't want to go at the time, but my father made me and I went. It was difficult for the first few months of not having her by me, but I tried to get her off my mind by working my off. 

"So, that's what happened," I heard Mr. Seo's voice. 

I looked down at the sand, not sure if I should meet eyes with him or his wife. 

"Yonghwa, now, now. I've seen that look on you before, we aren't mad at you," Mr. Seo patted my back. 

I looked up at him and he gave me a small smile. 

"We got over that years ago, child. C'mon, we are supposed to be having a wonderful time. Plus, there are no room for regrets in life. We're happy to see you and Seohyun together again. There have been many sutors these past few years, but none of them could amount to you," Omma gave me a warm smile. 

I'm not surprised that Seohyun has had many sutors because she is not only beautiful, but also smart and sweet. I'm just happy that none of them were as good as me!

"Well, actually there was one guy who you almost dated Joo-hyun, what was his name?" Omma asked as she was taking out the sandwiches from the picnic basket.

"What?" I snapped my head to Seohyun who had flushed cheeks.

"Ahah...umm...Changmin-ssi is a great guy, but I can't see him as a boyfriend. More like, an older brother!" She exclaimed. 

"You know...he visited us last week, he wondered where you are," Omma said teasingly and now I'm even more curious to who this guy is.

"Really? What did he say?" Seohyun asked. 

"Well, he wanted to hang out with you like 'ol times, but when I told him you were on a buisness trip, he simply nodded and told me to tell you he says hi and all," Omma lighly chuckled. 

Seohyun smiled and said,
"I'll greet him soon."

"Ahem..." I cleared my throat to get her attention.

She turned to me and rolled her eyes,
"Oh please, don't be jealous. This was a long time ago."

I pouted. This guy could have taken my Seohyun! Of course I'm jealous!

"Yong, stop it," She caressed my cheek, "Stop being so cute."

My eyes widened in surprise and she laughed at my reaction.

"Aigoo, you two! Please, you kids are attracting ants here!" Mr. Seo chuckled. 

 I felt my cheeks burn in embarassment, for a second, I forgot Seohyun's parents were right here. 

"Aish! You two can have your alone time later, right now, it's family time," Omma winked and began serving food from the picnic basket. 

We spent almost the whole day at the beach, just Seohyun's parents, Seohyun and I. I felt like it was back in my high school days when Seohyun's parents would invite me to their little gatherings. I loved every second of it. 

The sun was already setting as we drove back to Seohyun's house. I then rested my head on Seohyun's shoulder.

"Hyun," I whispered.

"Mmm?" She replied. 

"Is your parents' bedroom right next to yours?" I asked.

I looked up to see her face to find her curiously looking at me,
"No, they are actually a few doors down, why?" 

I smiled mischievously,
"Does that mean we can have our alone time?"

I saw her eyes widened and she responded in a hushed tone,
"Yah, my parents are home."

I glanced at her parents in the front. Abeoji (now I can call him that), was focused on driving.

"Then I guess we just have to be more careful," I winked and pecked on her the lips. 

"Yong," I saw her blush cutely. 

I laughed and I continued to rest my head on her shoulder the whole ride home. 

After we helped Abeoji and Omma with unloading everything. We decided to get cleaned up and get ready for bed. The traffic was bad and the beach was somewhat far, so we came home at 10 pm. We were all tired.

As I began reading a book I grabbed from Seohyun's huge collection of books on her bookshelf, Seohyun came into the bedroom out of her bathroom wearing y gray and black lingerie. 

"Hey," She smiled as she came in.

I smiled,
"Hey."

I placed the book on the side table and I heard her bedroom door lock with a click. She soon climbed into bed. 

"I'm guessing we're getting our alone time," I chuckled.

She climbed on top of me and kissed me deeply and I responded back. 

She slowly pulled back and put her finger on my lips and said,
"Sssh...remember to lower your voice. My parents are home."

I nodded and as she reached for the lamp beside her bed and turned it off, I wrapped my hands around her waist and said, 
"It's been awhile."

I heard her giggle, then I felt her soft lips on mine to start our love making. 

I hope her parents didn't hear us ;)