Chapter 22: First day in China

The Dragon and Cherry Blossoms

Seohyun's POV

"I reported our whereabouts to Chief Kim," Jinwoon-ssi said as we left the Beijing Capitol International Airport.

I nodded,
"Good. First we have to check into our hotel. Then, we'll plan out how we'll follow Bryant."

Beep! Beep!

I checked my communicator and recieved a message. I opened it to find out that the Chinese Branch of the WSA has given us a car to use.

I turned to the two boys behind me,
"The Chinese Branch gave us a car to use while we're here. Chief Kim probably contacted them as soon you told him."

I smiled to Jinwoon-ssi and he smiled back,
"Well, let's go! No time to waste!"

We walked over to the parking garage and found the car that was on the 2nd floor.

"I'll drive," Yonghwa went over to the driver's side.

I shook my head,
"Nope! I'll drive! You always drive."

I noticed Jinwoon-ssi just watching us, but I didn't care.

Yonghwa stuck his tongue out,
"You can drive next time."

"No, you will drive next time! I'm gonna drive, besides the office sent me the passcode," I retorted and went over to the driver's side.

Yonghwa sighed and took a step back as I entered in the passcode. I know he can be sneaky, so as soon as I entered in the code; I got in.

"Yah!" Yonghwa said as I closed the door right away.

I stuck my tongue out and laughed at him. I put down the window on the opposite side and called Jinwoon-ssi,
"Jinwoon-ssi! What are you waiting for?"

He chuckled and said,
"Shotgun!"

"The heck! Why'd you call it?" Yonghwa asked.

Jinwoon-ssi just chuckled, then he asked me,
"Can you please open the trunk? Don't worry, I got your bag."

I smiled and opened the trunk,
"Thank you!"

He smiled and went to the back to put our suitcases away. I saw Yonghwa's disappointed face as he put his stuff in trunk with by looking at my side-view mirror. I giggled at the sight.

As we went off and drove, Jinwoon-ssi plugged in his music and we all discussed possible locations of the Triads. Although I've been on many missions, I have only dealt with them once and that was the last mission I recieved before this one.

"These triads are pretty spread out in this country, but I know there is a place where they usually hang out in this city. We will probably be able to find some info on their relationship with Bryant and his father's company. I have to warn you guys though, this is pretty dangerous," Jinwoon-ssi warned us.

"I've only dealt with these guys once, but I know how dangerous they can be, but..." I was at a stoplight and so my attention was on Jinwoon, "Isn't everything we do dangerous?"

Jinwoon-ssi blinked a couple of times and didn't say anything. My focus was back on the road. I adjusted my rearview mirror to glance at Yonghwa. He gave me a small smirk.

I smiled back, then glanced at Jinwoon-ssi who was looking out the window. He looked like he was daydreaming.

 

Yonghwa's POV

After what seemed like hours of silence (but, it was only about 20 minutes), we reached the hotel. We checked into our rooms and to find out that me and Seohyun will have separate rooms just crushed me.

"Here are all of your room keys," The man behind the front desk gave Seohyun the three cards.

"Thank you," We told him and headed to our rooms. Jinwoon's room was next to Seohyun's, while mine is directly across from her.

She turned to both of us,
"Go on and rest for a bit, but we have to get ready for tonight. That's when the area should be packed with them, right?"

She smiled at us and went to her room.

"See you later," Jinwoon said to me, then left for his room.

I sighed, and looked at Seohyun's door. I turned to mine and hit my forehead against my room's door.

I don't want to sleep alone...

As I entered the room. I placed my suitcase next to my bed and jumped on my bed; landing face first on it.

I wonder if I can sleep in her room or she can sleep here with me.

I sighed and soon fell asleep because of my jetlag.
 

1 hour later

"Yonghwa-ssi, hey! We have to head out soon!" I woke up from Jinwoon's voice and knocking.

"Ugh..." I moaned.

I slowly got off my bed and went to my door. I scratched my messy hair and said,
"Where's Seohyun?"

"She's already ready, she's just waiting for us in her room," He told me.

I nodded and yawned,
"Be there in a second. We'll meet in the lobby, okay?"

He nodded and went back to his room. I grabbed a pair of jeans, a white t-shirt and a coat. I prepared any small weapons I might need and took a shower. I soon finished and went straight down to the hotel lobby, where I found Seohyun and Jinwoon talking on a couch. I tapped them on the shoulder.

"Hey, you took awhile," Seohyun told me.

I greeted her with a kiss on her cheek and said,
"Sorry, jetlag."

"Let's go," Jinwoon-ssi led the way.

He drove this time and we went to the Red Light District of the city.

I looked at Seohyun, who was wearing a somewhat tight [and sleeveless] black dress, boots that came up below her knees and her hair was styled and curled. She looked amazing as always.

"Seohyun-ssi, I know you're strong, but I want you to be extra careful. With that dress, you will definitely attract a lot of guys," Jinwoon glanced at her.

"Not, while I'm here," I scoffed.

Seohyun laughed,
"Oh please, I'm not all that pretty. Even if I do attract them, I'm not gonna let them touch me."

"Seohyun-ssi, you're gorgeous. You'll definitely attract guys," Jinwoon told her.

I saw her blush a bit and smiled,
"Thanks."

I rolled my eyes. Jeez...why does this guy have to be here?

When we found parking space and began searching, Jinwoon was unfortunately right when he said that she will attract guys. Even some girls were looking at her.

I hate this.


The trio continued on with their search, despite the whistling and guys giving Seohyun looks as she passed by. Yonghwa couldn't take anymore of this and decided to hold onto Seohyun hand and keep her close by his side. These creeps are pissing him off.

"This is a famous club," Yonghwa said as he stopped in front of a shining double-door entrance.

"Let's go inside," Seohyun suggested.

"What? Why?" Yonghwa asked in concern.

Jinwoon put his hand on his shoulder and said,
"The Triads love it here."

Yonghwa was hesistant, but for the sake of the mission, he decided to just go inside.

As soon as they entered in, they were greeted by drunk idiots, creepy middle-aged guys, waitresses with super short skirts and...

Triads.

Yonghwa blinked a few times and clenched his teeth,
"Well, Jinwoon-ssi, you're right. They DO love it here."

Jinwoon narrowed his eyes at him, but quickly shook it off. He turned to the couple.

"Okay, we have to kind of part ways because if it's all three of us sticking together; it just wouldn't be efficient," Jinwoon said.

"Alright, we all have our communicators, so in case one of us are in trouble, we can call on one another," Seohyun told the two.

She hugged Jinwoon and said,
"Be careful."

"You too," Jinwoon smiled.

Then she turned to Yonghwa whose eyes were filled with not only concern, but fear.

"Hyun..." He started, but she pressed her finger on his lips.

"Don't start," She said.

He hugged her tightly and whispered in her ear,
"Be careful. If any of these guys touch you; I'll kill them."

A soft laugh came out of Seohyun as she let go of him.

She gave him a kiss on the cheek and patted it,
"And if any of these girls try to get to you; I'll do the same."

She winked and walked off. The two males watch her figure disappear as she headed to the perimeters of the dance floor.

"She'll be fine," Jinwoon patted Yonghwa's back before leaving to go upstairs.

Yonghwa watched him leave, then he headed to the bar.

"I hope so," He mumbled as he walked over to the bar filled with drunk idiots.


Seohyun's POV

I found an empty table with 2 seats. I took one, facing the dance floor. A waitress came over, with a low buttoned shirt showing most if not all her cleavage and a short black skirt.

"May I take your order?" She smiled at me.

Wow, she can speak Korean.

"Hmm...a Pina Colada," I ordered.

She scribbled it down on her notepad and said,
"Be back shortly."

"Thanks," I said and she walked off.

Hmm..,I just noticed how diverse this club is. Yes, there were many Chinese, but there were also Americans, Japanese, Korean...to put it shortly, this club must be famous overseas.

"I went into my purse and grabbed my ear piece that would help me hear from long distances. Although it was pretty loud, I found a seat where it wasn't as close to the dance floor. I switched it on.

I overheard a couple of conversations, but nothing that would concern me.

"Hello," I heard a voice speaking Korean.

I furrowed my eyebrows, why was this voice so close? I then realized there was a person standing across from me. He was wearing a semi formal attire with a black jacket, white skinny tie and skinny jeans on.

"Oh...um, hello," I greeted him and gave him a small bow.

"I'm sorry to bother you, but...one of my friends over there told me to tell you that he recognizes you," The man told me.

He pointed over at a table not so far away. I turned to the table to find 4 other guys.

Two of them were pointing over where me and the guy were. While one of them was just shyly waving. Another hid his face. I lightly chuckled.

"Ah...sorry, but do you mind coming over there, I really don't feel like being a messager," He sighed, obviously feeling awkward just standing there.

Before I could say anything, the waitress from earlier put my drink in front of me,
"Your drink."

I thanked her. She nodded and left.

I took out my ear piece and put it back in my purse. Then, I grabbed my drink and took a small sip. I smiled in satisfaction.

"Alright, I'll be there," I told him.

He smiled and took out his hand,
"By the way, my name is Lee Jin Ki, but you can call me Onew."

I shook his hand,
"Hi, my name is Seo Joo Hyun, but you can just call me Seohyun."

He chuckled and I followed him to his table. I bowed to all of them.

"Hello," I greeted them.

"Ah...hello, Minho hyung she's here," The one who had brown hair that barely reached his shoulders tapped on the guy who was trying to cover his face.

Minho? How...oddly familiar.

He looked up and gave me a small smile.

"Do you remember me?" He asked me.

I chuckled,
"I'm sorry, but no. Not really. Have we met before?"

He had a cute smile on his face,
"I can't believe it."

He began to shook his head and I rose my eyebrow and set my drink down.

"Look at me closely," He told me. I looked at the rest of his friends just watching us.

I leaned a bit closer and as I did he deeply looked at me. Then, he poked my cheek and stung his tongue out. I was taken aback by what he just did, but then, sudden realization hit me.

"Oh my god! Minho!" I whispered.

He chuckled, stood up from where he sat at the booth he was sitting with his friends and stood in front of me. His appearance hasn't changed much since I've seen him, but he has gotten a bit taller.

He hugged me tightly and lifted me up.

"Ahaha, I can't believe you couldn't recognize your best friend in high school! I feel hurt!" He pouted.

"Ah! It's been years, I'm sorry. A lot has happened," I apologized.

My head hung low and he smiled. He put me down and lifted my head up.

"You've grown beautifully," He kissed my nose.

I slightly blushed and he turned to his friends.

"Seohyun," He started, "This is Taemin," The guy waved.

"This is Jonghyun and this is Key," He pointed at the two very good looking guys sitting next to each other.

"And, you've met Onew," Minho said.

I smiled and bowed once again to everybody.

"Come, sit with us," Jonghyun offered.

I shook my head,
"Thank you, but I have work to do."

I bit my lip. I can't tell them my current job. It's not something you'd tell just anyone.

"Wait," I paused and turned to Minho.

"Hmm?" He responded.

"What are you doing in a place like this? Especially in The Red Light District," I crossed my arms.

This is a bit suspicious.

Minho blinked a couple of times, pushed his bangs away from his face.

"Sit," His tone became serious.

I sat across from him, sitting next to Onew.

"I'm here to meet with...people," He said.

"And these people are..."I drifted off.

He sighed and spoke, but it seemed barely audible,
"Seohyun, I've been dealing with Triads."

However, I was able to hear him.