Chapter 21: His Goal

The Dragon and Cherry Blossoms

Thank you all for your patience! Enjoy smiley
~~


Jinwoon's POV

I was sitting at a Starbucks, drinking a latte as I saw the two laughing and walking as they entered inside the cafe. I set down my cup and waved at them. Seohyun tugged his arm and led him to the table I was sitting at.

"Good morning you two," I greeted them.

"Good morning," Seohyun smiled.

"Morning," Yonghwa smiled.

However it seemed forced upon his lips to just give me a smile. What did I do?

Seohyun glanced at the menu above the counter.

She turned to Yonghwa,
"Want something to drink?"

I was taken aback of how informal she was speaking to him. I looked at the two in surprise. Well, of course, they are together, but it was the first time for me to hear it.

"I'll order for you," Yonghwa told her, but she shook her head.

"It's fine, I got it," She said.

He nodded and said,
"Alright, I'll just get a Cappucino."

She nods, grabbed her purse and left the table and went to the register. I turned to Yonghwa who was watching her.

"So, how long have you guys known each other," I asked, trying to make conversation.

He turned to me and layed back on his chair and replied,
"About seven years."

"Wow, so you guys went to the Academy together?" I asked.

"We did, but we didn't know we were even at the same school," He said.

My eyebrow rose,
"Why?"

He sighed,
"We were once together...during high school, but I had to leave her because I had to be in the Academy. I didn't get to explain to her why I had to leave, until recently. Somehow, she also found out about the Academy while she was in college and so she applied and got in. The Academy is huge, so that's probably the reason why we didn't see each other. Now, we are partnered up for this mission and after awhile...we decided give us a second chance."

He ended his explaination with a smile. An actual genuine smile.

"Well, I'm happy for you two," I told him and took another sip of my latte.

He nods,
"Thanks."

Seohyun came back to the table with two drinks and a small paper bag.

"Here ya go," Seohyun said as she set the Cappucino in front of Yonghwa. He thanked her and looked at the brown bag curiously.

She took a sip of her Macchiato and asked,
"So, what did you two talk about?"

Before Yonghwa could reply, I said,
"We were just talking about you and him."

I winked and she giggled at me.

"What's in the bag?" Yonghwa asked her.

She set down her drink and took out a cake pop. I saw it earlier when I was ordering my drink.

"It's a cake pop!" She told him, "Here, try it."

She held it in front of him.

"Hyun...I don't really like sweets..." He told her.

She rolled her eyes,
"What? I used to make you these and you loved them. Please?"

She pouted and I was taken aback again. I've never seen this side of her before. She always showed a friendly, professional side, but never her...cute side.

He chuckled and took a bite of it.

He smiled,
"It's good, but it's not as good as yours."

She giggled and took a bite of it too.

"Will you two lovebirds act all lovey dovey or are we going to get some work done?" I asked, interrupting them.

Seohyun blushed,
"Mianhe, let's get to work."

I began talking about Bryant's true intentions,
"Him and his father are a team with Wang Co. Their goal: to gain power in both government and economy is China, Japan and South Korea. That's why they have branches in all three of them. However,they've got unexpected connections all over the world. This is actually a family buisness and Bryant's father has been doing this for the past 20 years."

As I took a sip of my latte, I looked at Seohyun's face: horrified.

"What's wrong Seohyun-ssi?" I asked her.

She looked at Yonghwa then at me,
"Jinwoon-ssi, are you aware of Bryant's relationship with the president's daughter?"

My eyebrows furrowed in confusion,
"No, I didn't even know that they knew each other."

Yonghwa sighed,
"He might be using her."

Seohyun shook her head,
"We don't know for sure, but it surely is a possibility."

"What kind of relationship do they have?" I asked the two thinking deeply.

Yonghwa leaned in a bit closer with his arms crossed on the table and said,
"From what Seohyun and I found; they've known each for a while now. Even before Mi Cha's father was president."

My eyes widened...in both surprise and fear.

"We have to warn her and her father," I said.

Seohyun raised her hand as if telling me to stop,
"We can...but we shouldn't."

"What? Why?" I asked.

"It's because Mi Cha and Bryant have a pretty close bond with each other and if we just come out of nowhere and tell her that she can't see him, how do you think that will make her feel? For all we know, she probably loves the guy! If we stop her, she would try to sneak out of the Blue House and try to find Bryant. We can't be so rash," Yonghwa explained.

Seohyun nodded in agreement,
"He's right. We have take action, but we can't do it so soon. Do you know how long Bryant is going to stay in Korea?"

I shrugged my shoulder and said,
"He has about...3 weeks? However he has to leave to China on Sunday."

"For what?" Seohyun asked.

I finished my latte, then spoke,
"Alongside with his father, he has to meet the Triads there. I don't know the full details, but I do know that there is some negotiating going on."

Seohyun sighed and as she blew some of her hair out of her face, Yonghwa took a sip of his drink. We all looked at each other and I could tell we were thinking the same thing.


The three met at the Seoul Incheon Airport. They all sat near Gate C and made small talk.

Flight CA125 to Beijing at Gate C. Boarding in 5 minutes.

Seohyun smiled and said,
"C'mon, let's go."

Yonghwa moved closer to her side and asked,
"Does he really have to be here?"

Seohyun rolled her eyes,
"Yonghwa, he is an agent too and remember? It's Chief Kim's orders and besides, you really expect only the two of us to face the Triads?"

"If we're sneaky and quiet enough, we won't have to face them," Yonghwa mumbled.

"Hey," Seohyun said.

Yonghwa's head turned and Seohyun stopped in her tracks and caressed his cheek,
"Be a good boy."

Yonghwa scoffed and Seohyun narrowed her eyes at him. Jinwoon was in front of the two and as he was giving his ticket to the employee, he watched the two behind him.

Yonghwa chuckled and took Seohyun's hand. He gave her a peck on the lips.

"Okay, I will," He took out his pinky.

Seohyun giggled at his cuteness. She took out her pinky and they made a pinky promise. Then, continued walking to where Jinwoon was.

Jinwoon waited for the two to get their tickets checked and as they boarded, he watched the two beside them and chuckled.

He shook his head, 
These two can be very childish.

He looked at the couple in amusement. Seohyun was reading a book and Yonghwa rested his head on her shoulder. He would read along with her, but steal a few glances at Seohyun.

Jinwoon smiled at the sight, although he once had feelings for Seohyun, he was very happy for the couple. However, he feared for the couple's safety. Bryant knows their weakness, his words will always stay with Jinwoon

 

*Flashback*

Bryant chuckled and as he tried to catch his breath he replied,
"Even if it costs...someone's life?"

Jinwoon lifted his eyebrow and Bryant just smiled,
"In the end, no matter what happens-they will lose."

*End of Flashback*

Jinwoon clenched his teeth. Bryant won't take another person's life ever again. He already took one of Jinwoon's loved ones. Bryant didn't know that Jinwoon had a relationship with one of his victims. But...that horrific day is still fresh in Jinwoon's mind and he promises that this will not happen ever again. Especially not on Jinwoon's watch.

~~

Sorry, if you thought it was too short >.< 
Hahaha, well hello my wonderful readers! Nice to update again ^__^
I miss writing :D
Please, feel free to comment! I love them!
Btw, I am making this "Drabbles, one shots and short stories of Big Bang" thing. Hehehe...so, go ahead and check it out if you like!
I love you all! heart