Chapter 27: Looking Forward to the Future

The Dragon and Cherry Blossoms

Seohyun's POV

I woke up to a poke on the cheek from my lovely boyfriend. 

"Good morning," He greeted me with a kiss.

"Good morning," I smiled and stretched my arms. 

I looked up to see his smiling face. He wrapped one arm around my waist and rested his other hand on the blanket. 

"I wish we can wake up like this all time," He sighed.

I rested my head on his chest,
"Me too."

He interlocked his fingers with mine and after a few silent moments, he called me,
"Hyun."

"Mm?" 

"Remember when we talked about marriage?" He asked and I nodded.

"The mission is over and everything, but since we are going to start a new mission right away; we might not have enough time to squeeze it this month," He said in disappointment and I chuckled.

"Why are you laughing?" He asked in surprise.

I covered my body with the duvet as I sat up and looked at him,
"Yonghwa, we can't plan a whole wedding with a month. We have the money, but not the time."

He crossed his arms and exclaimed,
"Well, I want to get married right away!" 

"Yah! You're whining like a child about something serious," I laughed.

He gave me a small smile before taking a deep breath,
"And I want to have kids too, but since we're both so busy, I think we just have to wait for that too. Ugh! I hate waiting!" 

I took his hand and said,
"Yong, you're really looking far ahead. Don't stress yourself about things that won't happen in a long while."

"A long while? What do you mean 'a long while'?" His eyes widened. 

"Well, until we're married, which will happen when we have more time. The kids are going to have to wait," I told him. 

He nodded, understanding the current situation, but I can tell that he is somewhat disappointed that he can't do what we want. I looked over to my clock sitting on my bed side table. It read 10:24. 

"Come on, my parents should be awake by now," I began getting out of bed, but I felt Yonghwa tug on my arm.

I turned to him and he pulled me in for a kiss. I was surprised, but I responded to his kiss. He caressed my neck and deepened the kiss. After what seemed like forever, I pulled back to catch my breath.

He smirked and said,
"Whelp, I got my breakfast."

I blushed and hit his chest,
"Yah!"

He chuckled and stood up from bed and walked towards the bathroom. 

Before entering inside he teasingly asked,
"I'm gonna get ready, or do you wanna join me?"

"Mwoh!?" I shouted and grabbed one of my pillows and threw it at his face.

He picked up the pillow and threw it back at me, which I swiftly caught. I stuck my tongue out at him and he just threw his head back in laughter in response. 

"ert," I hissed as I stood up and got ready my clothes, but I couldn't stop smiling at his actions. 


After the couple got dressed, they headed downstairs and greeted Seohyun's parents. 

"Someone's glowing this morning!" Mrs. Seo exclaimed while Seohyun was helping her mother. 

Yonghwa chuckled at the statement, obviously knowing why she is. 

While the breakfast was being put on the table, Yonghwa asked,
"Omma, Aeboji, are both of you going to work today?"

"We are, do you want to visit Seo Management? Omma and I will be busy working, but Seohyun can give you a tour around the place," Seohyun's father told him and Yonghwa nodded.

"Sure," Yonghwa nodded.

Seohyun smiled from ear to ear hearing that she will go to her dad's workplace. During her college years, she would work there during summer break. At first she thought it would be very boring since it was in an office, but she met many great people and even made some really good friends. She hasn't seen them in a month.

After breakfast they all headed out to Seo Management. While they were at the lobby, Mr. Seo's secretary Mr. Choi, greeted him with two boxes stacked in his hands.

"What's that for?" Mr. Seo asked his secretary.

"Sir, it's for the Marketing Department. I came here about an hour ago and these are some of the papers you have filled up and others," Mr. Choi replied. 

"Mr. Choi, we can take care of it for you. I'm giving a tour around the company for him," Seohyun pointed at Yonghwa, "So we're going to have to stop by there anyway. You have a lot to do."

"Miss Seo, are you sure?" Mr. Choi asked hesitantly and Seohyun nodded her head and smiled. 

She picked up the box on the top and Yonghwa grabbed the bottom one.

"Don't worry Mr. Choi, we can do it," Yonghwa reassured him and Mr. Choi bowed and thanked them as he wiped off the sweat from his forehead. 

"Thank you Seohyun, Yonghwa. When you're done with the tour, come to my office for lunch," Mr. Seo smiled. 

"Yes Appa," Seohyun nodded and kissed him on the cheek. 

Her father, mother and Mr. Choi headed to the board room for a meeting and Yonghwa and Seohyun took the elevator up to the Marketing Department. 

"Wow, this place is really nice. It's really big too," Yonghwa said as they stepped out of the elevator. 

Seohyun nodded her head and smiled proudly,
"Yup, my Appa has been doing great for the past couple of years."

Many office workers greeted Seohyun as her and Yonghwa went to the head of the Marketing Department's office.

"Haha, are you friends with the Head of this Department too? Seems like almost everybody knows you," Yonghwa chuckled as they stopped in front of the door.

"Well, he is my Appa's friend, but he's more of an uncle," Seohyun smiled.

She knocked on the door before coming in.

"Hi Mr. Shim!" Seohyun greeted as she came in with Yonghwa following.

A man sitting with his back facing Seohyun, smiled as he heard the familar voice. He turned his swivel chair around and set down the proposal on his desk. Seohyun and Yonghwa set down the boxes on the coffee table.

"Seohyun, it's been a while," The man smiled.

Seohyun's looked up to find it wasn't Mr. Shim, but his son, Changmin Shim.

"Omo! Changmin Oppa! Aren't you a little too old to be playing at your dad's desk," Seohyun laughed.

"Hey! I'm Head of the Marketing Department now," He proudly said and Seohyun's eyes widened in surprise.

Changmin got out of his chair and ran over to hug her.

"Aha! Congrats Changmin Oppa!" She congratulated him.

"Thank you!" He said happily and he turned to Yonghwa.

"Oppa, this is my boyfriend, Jung Yonghwa. Yonghwa, this is my best friend and practically like an older brother, Shim Changmin," She introduced each other.

The two shook hands. Yonghwa gave him a small smile,
"I've heard a little bit about you. It's great to finally meet you."

Ahh...so this must be the Changmin Omma was talking about yesterday.

"Why don't you take a seat. Want a drink?" Changmin offered.

"Tea would be nice," Seohyun said and Changmin went to a cupboard above the sink in his office and made some tea.

"I'll just share with Seohyun," Yonghwa nodded.

Changmin set the cup on the coffee table between the couple sitting on the love seat across from him.

"So, how long have you guys been dating? I didn't know you have a boyfriend Seohyun," Changmin teased. 

"It's been about a month already Oppa. We got together during work," Seohyun answered and Changmin's eyebrows furrowed. 

"During work?" He paused and leaned a bit, before lowering the volume of his voice, "Does that mean you're an agent?" 

Yonghwa was taken aback,
"You know she's an agent?" 

Changmin nodded and Seohyun put her hand on Yonghwa's knee and said,
"When I moved here for the Academy, during summer break I worked here. I became really close friends with Changmin and he's one of the few people here who know I am an agent. The other people are my parents and my friends Tiffany and Jessica." 

Yonghwa's mouth made an 'o' shape and he turned to Changmin who was watching the two,
"Yes, I am an agent and actually me and Seohyun dated back in high school."

"Oh!" Changmin responded, "Seohyun-ah! So this is the guy?" 

"You mentioned me while we were apart?" Yonghwa was surprised. 

Seohyun nodded shyly as she took a sip of her tea. Yonghwa chuckled. 

"Interesting, I guess that means I have absolutely zero chance with you Seohyun," Changmin chuckled. 

Seohyun's cheeks burned in embarassment, knowing that Yonghwa knows that the man in front of him used to like her.

"So, what are you two going to do here? I see that you delivered some boxes for me. Are gonna work here?" Changmin asked. 

"Seohyun is giving me a tour around here. We just did a favor Aeboji's secretary since we were going to go to this floor too," Yonghwa answered. 

He nodded his head, and Seohyun stood up, and soon followed the two. 

"Well, we better be on our way. It was nice seeing you Oppa," Seohyun smiled at Changmin who gave her another hug. 

Changmin and Yonghwa shook hands, and it seemed like they were in a staring contest.

"Okay, Yonghwa let's go," Seohyun took his hand. 

Yonghwa took a sip of her tea, then put it in the sink. 

Before the two left, Changmin waved good-bye and hollered,
"Hope to see you two soon!"

Seohyun hollered back,
"Tell everyone I said 'hi'!"

Changmin nodded,
"They miss you! We have to hang out again!"

Seohyun put two thumbs up, before turning her back and leaving with Yonghwa.

Changmin sat down at his desk and I put on a sad smile. It's bittersweet, but as long as she's happy. He feels content.

"I'm happy for you Seohyun," He whispered as he looked at his phone's lock screen to be greeted by a picture of him and her. 

He set down his phone on his desk, and continued his work. His heart now at ease, knowing that she's happy and in-love, even if it's not with him. 


Yonghwa's POV

 "So, you met Changmin. He's a fine young man, isn't he?" Aeboji said while sitting at his desk. 

Seohyun finished giving me a tour around the building. From the 1st floor to the 18th floor (her Appa's office). It's quite huge and a lot of the workers know chatted with Seohyun and asked me who I was. Some of them actually wanted to get to know me and asked if they can hang out with us. Seohyun and I told them next time since we have to get back to work in 2 days. 

"Yeah, he seems like a good guy," I said and he smiled at me while typing on his desktop.

"Yong, Jessica unni and TIffany unni want to meet you," Seohyun told me. 

"Huh?" I responded and she showed me her phone.

Tiffany: Seo-baby! I have to meet this guy! Jessica is with me! She wants to see him too! Give us a pic!! 

I looked at her and she chuckled.

"Aeboji, after lunch, me and Yonghwa are going to meet up with Jessica unni and Tiffany unni. Do you need us?" Seohyun asked and her Aeboji shook his head.

"You go ahead and catch up with people, I'm going to get off work at 10 pm, so just meet up with your Omma and I by then so we can drop you off home, unless they will drop you off," Aeboji told us and we both nodded.

I felt a vibration on the couch and it turned out to be Seohyun's phone. I peeked over her shoulder to find a text from Tiffany again.

Tiffany: A pic!!!

I chuckled and took her phone. I put it in camera mode and turned to her.

"C'mon, she wants a picture," pulled her close to me.

Seohyun laughed and pressed her cheek beside mine. 

"Okay, 1...2...3," I said.

 click!

Seohyun and I checked the photo and I heard her giggle,
"Oh my gosh, what are we? High schoolers?"

I smiled and I handed her her phone,
"Send it to her since she wants it so bad. Tell her we're gonna meet after lunch."

"Yes sir!" She teased me as she saluted. 

I grinned at her cuteness as she began texting.

As I sat back on the couch, Seohyun soon lied down on my lap. Aeboji left the room to get Omma and so it was just us. I tucked a piece of her hair that fell on her face, behind her ear. As I observed her, I just couldn't believe this scene right now. A month ago, I thought I would have never seen her face ever again. I though I moved on, and even though my mind was clear of her, my heart still calls for her. For the past 5 years, it always has, I just denied. I'm one lucky guy. I think that...God is giving me a 2nd chance to make things right with her. For the past couple of years, I always told myself to stop hoping to going back to her, or even...a glimpse of her, but there was always this little piece of me that wouldn't let her go. This girl has really captured my heart, and now that I have her by my side, I will never let go. Never. 

"Yong," I heard her sweet voice.

"Yes?" 

"I love you," She gave me a peck on the lips.

"I love you too Mrs. Jung," I winked at her, reminding her about what we discussed this morning.

I saw her cheeks become red as a tomato and I put my around her. 

"While we have to be apart, remember to call, even if it's late at night," I told her and she nodded.

"We might not be able to do it everyday, but a few times a week, we should webcam each other," She suggested and I nodded.

"Pinky promise?" I held out my pinky and she nodded in agreement.

We pinky promised then had our thumbs meet and said in unison,
"Stamp it!" 

"Aren't you two, a little too old in doing something so childish?" Omma walked in with food in her hands, with Aeboji following. 

Seohyun and I laughed as we rushed over to help them with the food.

"We've always done that Omma," Seohyun told her and Omma softly chuckled as she shook her head at us.

"Alright, let's eat some lunch! I'm starving!" Aeboji rubbed his stomach causing laughter throughout the office. 

We soon ate and talked about what we've been doing so far. I really love eating meals with Seohyun's parents. They are really kind and caring, and sometimes more of parental figures than my own biological parents are. 

"I can't wait till you two get married! I know you two are quite busy, but when that day comes- Mr. Seo and I are going to help you guys make it spectacular!" Omma randomly said which caught Seohyun off guard.

"Omma!" She exclaimed and Omma giggled in excitement like a school girl. 

"Haha, I don't think it's going to make much of a difference since we treat Yonghwa like a son-in-law already, even during high school it was like that," Aeboji then picked up some sushi and stuffed it in his mouth.

I laughed,
"It's gonna take awhile, but don't worry, Seohyun and I are going to make things work out in order for it to happen as smoothly as possible."

"I hope it's soon! I'm actually very excited to become a grandmother," Omma said and I smiled at her statement.

"Well, you're going to have about 4 grandchildren Omma, since that's what Yonghwa wants," Seohyun said after taking a sip of water.

"What!? You already agreed on how many!?" Aeboji said in shock and Seohyun and I nodded in response. 

"I used to want 6, but for Seohyun's sakes, I suppose 4 is enough," I replied and Seohyun chuckled.

"Six!? You wanted six!?" Aeboji couldn't believe the number.

"Yah!" Omma slapped her husband's knee, "Four, six- it shouldn't matter! As long as they bear healthy, beautiful children."

I slightly bowed my head,
"Thank you Omma."

She gave us a reassuring smile and we continued on our meal with continous talk of the future. I'm a bit overwhelmed about the future after this discussion, but thanks to the support of Seohyun and her family- I'm hopeful that we'll have a great future, even with a couple of bumps in the road.