Chapter 8: Ba-dump Ba-dump goes her heart.

The Dragon and Cherry Blossoms

Seohyun's POV

Alright. I'm being dragged by Yonghwa to the dance floor. I thought he didn't really like dancing. Once we faced each other I was going to ask, but he held my hands and placed them around his neck, then he placed his hands on my waist. He had this bright smile on his face for some reason. What the heck?

"Yonghwa, why are we dancing?" I asked him. 

He brought me closer to him and said,
"Because...Bryant was making the atmosphere awkward. I just didn't want to be there."

I gave him a surprised look and he just whispered,
"Don't worry about it. Just keep dancing."

I huffed and replied,
"I thought you hated dancing."

"Not if I am dancing with you," he replied without hesitation. 

He is so...straight forward, it kind of makes me feel weird. Why is he always so sweet? I feel bad that I act cold to him while he's trying so hard to get me back. Should I give him a chance. 

I don't know what made me do it, but I did. I closed the gap between us by hugging him. We stopped dancing. He wrapped his arms around me and hugged me back and it felt like the whole world became still. I couldn't hear the music anymore. The people at the ball disappeared and it felt like it was only the two of us.

"Hyun? Are you okay?" He asked me. 

Should I really take the risk? I thought I already told him everything the other day, but it feels like there is more to it than that. 

"Why? Do you call me Hyun?" I asked him. 

"I just want too. Are you not comfortable?" He asked.

My mind told me to say 'yes', but I shook my head,
"No. It-It's fine."

Soon the song finished. We slowly let go of each other. We then stared at each other in the eyes for awhile. I don't know what this feeling is. My heart is going ba-dump ba-dump and I feel a bit nervous.

He cleared his throat and said,
"Uh...well, we should check around. Maybe we can get some info frim Bryant's friends."

I nodded my head and we began to walk where our table was because a couple of Bryant's friends are there. Yonghwa pulled out the chair for me and I thanked him for being a gentleman. He then took a seat next to me and I tried to stir up a conversation at the table. There were 3 girls (including myself) and 4 guys. Yonghwa and Bryant were directly across from each other and even though they didn't exchange a word; I can feel the tension. I tried to ignore it and started a conversation with one the nicely dressed man sitting across from me and sitting next to Bryant. 

"Hello, my name is Seohyun," I greeted him.

He smiled and took a small bow.

"Hello, my name is Dong Min, Kim Dong Min," He kindly replied. 

I smiled and said,
"So, what are you doing here?"

He chuckled and said,
"I have a couple of friends that are at this party. For example, Bryant," he pointed at the man I already knew next to him and continued, "but I'm really here just for the fun of it. I don't get to go to these kinds of occasions very often."

"I see, that's nice, but you must be a busy man. What do you do if you can't go to parties a lot?" I asked.

"I am CEO of DM Co. I basically own a talent ageny," he said.

DM Co. sounds familiar. I have heard about this company often. If he's the CEO of such a company, he must be very busy. 

"Cool," I said in excitement.

Honestly, I think it is pretty cool. I am a fan of many of his artists under his company. 

"Ahaha, yeah, how about you?" He asked.

This is the part when I have to make up a story,
"Well, I am the daughter of Seo In Su. I am the heir to his company; Su Industry and it creates high -tech technology that other companies need and use. We also provide technical support and we have branches in about 4 countries."

He nodded,
"Impressive and your date is?"

I looked at Yonghwa. Yonghwa was busy talking with another guy at the table.

"His father owns a company too. They are actually one of our long-time customers and great friends with us. I also grew up with him and we are...going out now," I replied.

I gulped and nervously smiled. It feels weird saying that we are going out.

"Ahaha, that's great. Usually people who have parents that own those kinds of companies would arrange marriages for them because of financial reasons. You two are sure lucky," he told me and gave me an eye smile.

I smiled too and I noticed Bryant left. I turned to Yonghwa. 

"Yonghwa," I tapped him on the shoulder.

He turned and I pointed at the empty chair that Bryant was sitting in. 

He nodded and whispered in my ear,
"Let's look for him."

I nodded and excused myself to Mr. Kim.

He quickly stood up and took my hand and kissed it,
"It was nice chatting with you Seohyun. I hope to cross paths with you soon."

I was taken aback by his action, but I let it slide and smiled.

"I hope so too," I kindly replied. 

Both Yonghwa and I left the table and searched around the room. There was no sight of Bryant anywhere. 

"What was that?" Yonghwa asked me as we left the ball room. 

"What was what?" I asked him.

"That guy who you were talking too," He replied dryly.

"His name is Kim Dong Min. He is really nice, but one of Bryant's friends," I told him.

"Oh...I see," He said and looked away.

"What's wrong with you?" I asked him.

"Nothing," he said defensively.

I huffed,
"You don't have to be so defensive. Why are you jealous?"

He quickly turned his head to me and widened his eyes in surprise,
"What?"

I chuckled,
"Whatever, let's just keep searching for Bryant."

He sighed and said,
"Maybe. Maybe he's upstairs."

There's a second floor?

"There's a second floor?" I asked him.

He nodded and his face didn't seem to show any emotion. I found a women's bathroom a few feet away and walked a little faster. 

I sighed, 
"Okay, I will be back. I have to go to the bathroom."

"Alright, I'll wait outside," He crossed his arms and leaned against the wall.


5 minutes later...

"AAHHHH!!" A woman's scream can be heard. 

Yonghwa jumped and ran into the woman's bathroom

"Seohyun!" Yonghwa called her.

He opened every stall, but there was no sign of Seohyun. 

"Where the hell is she!?" He asked himself. 

He looked up at the ceiling and on the floor to see any signs of a secret door. Then he noticed a vent. He looked closer and noticed it wasn't closed all they way.

"What the..." He didn't continue what he was going to say as he opened it.