Chapter 4: That stupid Bryant guy

The Dragon and Cherry Blossoms

Seohyun and Yonghwa were at the top floor of the parking garage. The 5 men chasing them have already reached the 5th floor and ran in their direction. Yonghwa and Seohyun stood their ground ready to face them. Seohyun took a glance at Yonghwa, who caught her looking at him and smiled. Seohyun was caught off and her cheeks flushed, but instantly turned her head away. Out of the corner of her eye, she saw one of the men attack her, and she dodged the slim man’s fist. She grabbed his arm and flipped him over so easily, it was as if the man was as light as a feather. Being it the first time Yonghwa saw her fight, he was flabbergasted, and his mouth made an “O” shape.

Wow, she is strong. (Yonghwa's thoughts)

While the man that Seohyun flipped over was crying in pain, the four other men started to attack them. Yonghwa was pushed and punched by two tall Korean men with black hoodies, worn out jeans and knives. Yonghwa kept his balance and jumped on both of them. He made constant punches and got scratched by one of the man’s knives. He grabbed the knives and threw them across the floor so they would become unreachable. The men were knocked out and Yonghwa stood up and stretched his arms. He wiped the blood from his mouth and turned around to see how Seohyun was doing. He caught sight of her round-house kicking a short, buff man who attempted to grab her hair. As Yonghwa was going to help her, she finished the last man with a punch in the stomach, then pressure pointed him on the shoulder and the man fell to the ground. Seohyun wiped the sweat off from her hands on her jeans, checked if her hair was okay and looked up to see Yonghwa’s shocked face. She waved at him and gave him a reassuring smile that showed she was okay.

Yonghwa’s POV

            Seohyun and I brought the 5 men to the WSA. The men did shed a small amount of blood, and received a few broken bones, but not bad enough to actually kill them. It was already 6 pm and we decided to shop for clothes the next day and go to the hotel and clean up. A few people looked at us funny; noticing the cut on my lips and Seohyun’s limping and holding onto her aching shoulder.

Once we entered the room, Seohyun threw her bag on the bed and told me, “Sit on the bed for a second.”

I was too tired to question what she was going to do, so I sat on the bed covered with fresh, clean sheets. About a minute later, Seohyun came out of the bathroom with a white box that looked almost like a tool box. She sat next to me and gave me a tired smile.

“Give me your arm,” she ordered.

I did so and she found a cut on my forearm. She cleaned up the blood, put ointment and a bandage (good thing that the cut wasn’t deep); she then did the same to another cut below it and then saw the cut on his lips.

“Hold still okay? This stings a little bit,” she told me. I nodded and she took out a bottle of white gel. She put some on my mouth and wow! It stung! I almost jumped, but I kept my cool and she continued to fix my cut. As she was busy fixing the cut, I couldn’t help but become really stiff because of how close she was to my face. I kept gazing at her beautiful face. I looked at her lips, and I had this temptation to kiss them.

“Done,” She said and placed the box on top of the side table.

I broke out of my thoughts and said, “Thanks.”

“No problem,” She replied and patted my shoulder.

Before she went inside the bathroom, she gave me a smile and said, “Get some rest.”

I nodded and looked out at the balcony and blankly stared at the evening sky.
 

Seohyun's POV

 After I finished cleaning myself up, I found Yonghwa sleeping on the bed. I sat on the bed, next to him and played with his hair.

The more I resist, the more I am attracted. Argh! What’s wrong with me, why can’t I just escape? No, I can’t. This is a mission. I just want to tell you that I still…

“I love you,” I whispered in his ear.

I quickly shot up and covered my mouth.I  then recovered from shocking myself by getting off the bed and shaking my head as if trying to shake off what just happened a moment ago. I sighed, grabbed a pillow from the bed and slept on the couch.

~~~

 The next morning, he woke up around sunrise and scratched his head.

Did Seohyun tell me she loves me last night? Or was that was just a dream? (Yonghwa’s thoughts)

He rubbed his eyes and found her sleeping on the couch. She was all scrunched up to make her small body fit under the blanket.

Aish…I shouldn’t be thinking that way. Maybe that was just a dream. (Yonghwa’s thoughts)

The next week passed by quickly and Bryant Wang’s cocktail party went well. Yonghwa jealousy rose up when he noticed Bryant flirting with Seohyun.


Don’t we have to pretend to be engaged? He certainly isn’t great at acting his part.

After the party, Chief Kim gave them the keys to their condo and moved in immediately. They looked around the condo and found two bedrooms. They were both relieved and can finally sleep in separate rooms. When they were sharing a hotel room, they always became uncomfortable with each other. On a Thursday night, when Yonghwa and Seohyun were doing research on their laptops about Bryant’s company, Seohyn told Yonghwa something that made him want to go berserk.

“Yonghwa, Bryant asked me to have dinner with him at his house tomorrow night,” She told him and kept glancing at Yonghwa and her laptop.

 Yonghwa closed his laptop and asked, “Only by yourself? Doesn’t this guy know you are engaged?”

She sighed, set her laptop down and crossed her legs, “Well, I did tell him that I am ‘engaged’,” she put quotation marks on engaged, meaning they aren’t really engaged and continued, “but, he is only asking for business reasons and so we can become friends or whatever.”

She said with a tone that gave the impression that she didn’t care very much about it.

 Yonghwa replied, “Fine, I will hack into his security at home and in his company. I will then sneak into his house and see what I can find, just keep distracting him.”

Seohyun nodded in approval and Yonghwa went upstairs into his room. As he walked to his room, he kept hitting his chest in frustration

Aish..that stupid Bryant guy. (Yonghwa's thoughts)

             The next day rolled by fast and soon enough, it was time for Seohyun's dinner with Bryant. Yonghwa tapped into Bryant's high security system in both his company’s and his house and now Yonghwa can get into the office with little to worry about. Yonghwa noticed Seohyunwearing silver and black pumps, a short, one strap black dress and wore light makeup


Yonghwa was so mesmerized by her beauty, he forgot that she was dressing for THAT guy. Irritation ran through his head.

“Seohyun,” he began before letting Seohyun step out of the car.

“What’s up?” She asked.

"Are you sure you want to go have dinner with that guy dressed like that?" Yonghwa asked with annoyance in his voice.

Seohyun's eyes widened and asked,
"Why? It doesn't look nice?"

He shook his head and replied,
"It's not that. It's just that, it's a bit...short."

"Huh?" She looked at herself then shrugged her shoulders,
"But, I like this dress. It's my favorite and besides I'm not that pretty, so Bryant shouldn't be paying attention to my clothing."

What the heck! She's beautiful! How can she say that about herself!? (Yonghwa's thoughts)

Yonghwa shook his head and replied,
"Ugh...fine. Forget it."

Then he continued,
 “We are following plan A, if there is any moment we have to be change to plan B, we must exchange a text message. Plan B is a smiley face and plan C is the number 17. Oh yea, and...just don't let that guy touch you."

She nodded and giggled, “Pssh...whatever. If he does; don’t worry, I can defend myself.” Then she winked, grabbed her purse and got out of the car. She closed the door and before she can even take a step, the door window opened and Yonghwa's head popped out of the window.

“Hey, but still!” He exclaimed and drove away to find a place to hide the car.

She rolled her eyes and knocked on the door of Bryant’s house.

            Yonghwa sneaked passed the guards and climbed sneaked inside the door leading into the backyard. He went upstairs and checked out the security cams. The light wasn’t red, or blinking, showing that it’s off.

 He found Bryant’s large bedroom and searched around. He found a peculiar folder; he flipped through some of the pages and recognized huge company names. Yonghwa decided to put the folder inside his backpack. There wasn’t much else to Bryant’s room, so he went inside his office 2 rooms down. He looked around and found another door in the office, except, this one door needs a 4-digit code.

“This will take a while,” Yonghwa whispered to himself and started to try figuring out possible codes.


While Yonghwa was busy finding out the combination, Seohyun was having dinner with Bryant. He was as tall as Yonghwa (5’10), had spiked up, black hair, fit and is from Taiwan. He was actually kinda cute, but Seohyun didn't really like him that way. He was being flirtatious with her and she just responded with small laughs and smiles.

“I would like to show you something, if you don’t mind,” he asked after finishing his 3rd glass of wine.

“Okay,” she kindly replied and set her unfinished glass of wine down.

While Yonghwa was in Bryant’s office, still trying to find the combination, he heard footsteps coming closer to the office.

“Oh crap,” Yonghwa whispered angrily at himself. 

Aish...sorry I took too long! Been busy!
Happy new year! :D