Chapter 15: Bryant's life.

The Dragon and Cherry Blossoms

Bryant's POV

I haven't seen her in almost a year. Nobody really knows my relationship with her except a few very close friends of mine and her friends, which I guess I can say that I am friends with too. The plan of having large control in South Korea's, Japan's and China's top companies and gangs uniting as one to have most (if not all) power of East Asia's economical power and influence was planned years before I was even born. I am only taking on the family buisness.  I have already accomplished what I needed to do for Japan, now South Korea is last. My father trusted me to the point that he would actually give me part of the Japanese branch and if I succeed here, then the Korean one also. 

When I'm with her though, Mi Cha, I just...I don't know. Maybe I shouldn't be feeling this way...being who I am, I will just endanger her. I didn't expect her father to become the president of South Korea, but that's what it turned out to be. Yes, I've known her that long, I've known her for 8 years.

After dropping off Mi Cha, I went back to the office. I sat at my desk and looked through the stack of papers left on my desk. It's a bunch of contracts that I might have to sign, a few buisness proposals and a company request to merge with us. For the next few hours, I was reading through the papers, forming stacks of papers that I will sign/consider and papers that I still have to negotiate with the other party and another one that will be rejected. 

After about 5 hours of work, I told my secretary that she can leave early because I heard there is going to be a storm tonight. Now, I am left alone and the only people in the building is the janitor, me and a couple of workers at the lower floors, but they will leave soon anyway. I checked my watch: 9:04 pm. 

I turned my swivel chair to the large window behind me. I watched the rain pour, then lighting. I can't get her out of my mind. I scratched my head in frustration and sighed. Why is it whenever I am with her, I just...change. 

Flashback

"Hey, Bryant," A co-worker greeted me as he took a seat at the bar with me. 

"Hey," I greeted him and I turned back to the dance floor, watching Mi Cha from afar. 

"Yo, why don't you go dance with her?" He asked me.

I turned to him and he took a sip of his martini, then pointed at Mi Cha with glass in hand. I shrugged my shoulders.

"I am not good at dancing," I admitted. 

The song at the club turned slow, many people got off the dance floor, but couples began pouring in on the dance floor. Mi Cha began stepping out of the dance floor. My co-worker set down his glass, held me by my forearm and pushed me forward.

"Not dancing club songs: fine, but this is your chance! What happened to the confident Bryant that we always know, huh? Go!" He said.

I sighed, looked at him with his reassuring smile and faced forward to find Mi Cha talking to one of her friends. I nodded at my co-worker and walked towards Mi Cha. My heart beating fast out of nervousness. I tapped her on the shoulder and she turned around and smiled. I froze for a second. 

"Umm...would you like to dance?" I asked as I tried to look straight in the eyes. 

She nodded and took my hand and led me to the dance floor. For the first time ever, I felt so nervous holding her. When I did though, there was this...feeling of relief and I liked it. As she wrapped her arms around my neck she got closer.

"Hey Bryant," She said.

I put my hands on her back gently and pressed my foreahead onto hers and replied,
"Yeah."

She gave me a kiss on the cheek and said,
"Thank you."

I gulped and chuckled a little,
"Ahah, for what?"

She looked into my eyes, then closed her and pulled me closer,
"For everything."

I embraced her, feeling myself become warm inside. Why of all people, did I fall for her?

End of Flashback

I went back to the last few papers that weren't read yet on my desk. Then, I recieved a text from my father:

Bryant, meet me at the coffee shop near the Korean branch tomorrow at 1pm.

I sighed and texted back:

Yes sir.


Yonghwa's POV

"So, I found pictures of Mi Cha and Bryant from a couple of years ago," I told Seohyun as she went out of the bathroom and sat on the bed next to me.

"Where?" She asked.

"His bedroom in the yacht. The captions were written by Mi Cha and himself. It was Mi Cha's 21st birthday," I replied.

Her eyebrows rose in surprise, then she sighed. She got under the blanket and grabbed a book from her side table. As she opened the book where her bookmark was she put on her glasses.

"What do you think?" She asked.

"I think they are possibly in love with each other. By the way they are- they aren't dating, but the way they look at each other, I am sure something is going on," I said and moved closer to peek over her shoulder to see what she was reading; turns out to be the book I bought her. I smiled and gave her a kiss on the cheek.

She turned to me and smirked,
"We aren't going to do anything tonight, but sleep."

I pouted and crossed my arms,
"Alright."

She sighed put away her book and reading glasses and held my chin and kissed me on the lips,
"We still have research to do and we have to find answers to our questions. So maybe some other night."

I chuckled and held her closer to me and made her lie-down. I turned off the light and hugged her under the blanket.

"I'm fine with it, don't worry. Just let me hold you for the rest of the night," I said.

She giggled and held me too.

"Good night Yong," She said sweetly and snuggled her head in my neck.

I kissed her head and said,
"Good night Hyun."


Bryant met with his father at the coffeeshop. Dressed in his usual attire of a clean, pressed suit and a tie, Bryant walked inside the coffee shop to meet his father wearing a similar attire. He bowed, shook hands with him and sat across from him.

"Would you like to order anything?" A waitress came over to their table.

Bryant's father looked at the menu in front of him and said,
"I would like Oolong tea."

The waitress nodded, wrote it down on her small black notebook and took the menu from him. She faced Bryant and he replied, "Green Tea Latte."

She nodded and did the same. When she left, Bryant's father smiled.

He leaned back on his chair and asked,
"So, did you meet with Mi Cha already?"

 Bryant's eyebrows furrowed in confusion,
"Don't tell me that's the reason why you wanted to meet me."

The old man chuckled, then sighed,
"Of course there are somewhat important things to discuss, but I am just asking."

The drinks came before Bryant can speak. The two men thanked the waitress, then resumed their conversation.

"Well, yes I did. Yesterday I spent some time with her," Bryant told him.

Bryant took a sip of his drink and so did his father.

"How is she doing? Is she up to anything new?" He asked.

Bryant set down his cup and replied,
"She's doing fine. She's trying to become a medical scientist and is taking jujitsu."

His father smiled and said,
"That's good."

Bryant nodded and took another sip of his drink, then afterwards asked,
"So, how's everything in China?"

His father sighed,
"Triads. They are sort of a pain in the neck."

Bryant nodded and asked,
"What? Are the interfering with our connections or something?"

His father shook his head and spoke in a lower tone,
"No. They are actually about to become part of us, the problem is how long the relationships with the triads will last. One of our own men backstabbed us last year and that was already pretty bad. Now, we are dealing with the triads and they are in a whole different level. They will be helpful, but we aren't sure if we can play the game with them."

Bryant rubbed the back of his neck and gave out a long sigh,
"I will go over to China soon. The negotiating won't be settled until I come over so we can discuss this more."

His father took a sip of his favorite kind of tea and smiled,
"Alright son, I will tell the Chinese Branch that. Now, how is everything in the Korean Branch then?"

Bryant shrugged his shoulders and replied,
"Same old, same old. Except I am having trouble with these WSA agents. They are trying to get info on our buisness. I think the head of the WSA discovered our plans and now he has these two agents following me everywhere."

His father became surprised with how laid-back his son is acting.

"Do you need help with handling those two?" Bryant's father asked.

"Thanks dad, but I got this. I found their weakness, all I have to do is take advantage of that and they will be out of the picture in no time," Bryant said.

His father smirked and asked,
"What is this weakness of theirs anyway?"

Bryant finished his latte, set it down on the table and replied,
"They love each other."

 
~~

Hi Readers!! OMG! 4000+ views? Wow, thank you so much! I'm very happy knowing I have many people looking into my stories and even subscribing! Both this and my other story (which will end soon). Thank you, thank you!

So, what do you think of Bryant, huh? He's a bit...mysterious...