Chapter 5: Questions

The Dragon and Cherry Blossoms

(There will be special chapters that will have both Yonghwa and Seohyun's thoughts. This chapter will be one of them. This is Seohyun. This is Yonghwa)

Fog settled over Seoul as Yonghwa climbed out of the window of Bryant’s office that led to a small balcony. He set up a tiny camera on the office wall to see what he was up too.  He opened his laptop that was connected to the camera and watched the office. He then saw Seohyun and Bryant entering in the office.

“Sit over here,” he told Seohyun. She nodded and sat down on a black leather chair in front of his desk.

Seohyun looked around his office and asked,
“So, why did you bring me to your office?”

He paced around the office with his hands behind his back. He turned his head and looked at Seohyun.

Then he said,
“I want to get to know you better. Now, tell me about yourself.”

Seohyun noticed Bryant wasn’t walking straight and he tried to keep his balance.

“Well, why don’t we talk about ourselves at the dinner table?” Seohyun asked and prepared to stand up.

Bryant sighed and took a seat on a black leather chair next to Seohyun’s. She sat back down and faced him. Then Bryant went close to her.

He whispered,
“I want you, now.”

He then pressed his lips onto Seohyun’s. She kept her composure and slowly pushed him off. Bryant’s face was so close to hers that she could smell his breath. His breath smelled like the wine they were drinking earlier.

She whispered gently in his ear,
“I think you had a little too much to drink.”

He nodded yes and looked deeply in her eyes, then to her lips. He wanted to kiss her again. Seohyun quickly grabbed a needle from her purse she was clutching onto and stuck it onto his neck. The drug made him fall asleep and she slowly laid him onto the chair.


Yonghwa's POV

            I couldn’t stand this.  I didn’t want to watch Seohyun to kiss another guy, but I it felt like my eyes were glued to the window. I haven't felt this way since high school, when some guy was making a move on Seohyun and I punched him in the face. She got mad at me first, but forgave afterwards because she couldn't stay mad at me forever.

 Once Seohyun stuck the needle on Bryant's neck, I climbed inside the window of the office.

“What the hell?” I shouted once I jumped back inside.

“What?” She asked innocently.

“Why did you let him kiss you?” I asked.

“He was drunk, calm down. I just let him kiss me so I could get an opportunity to grab the needle,” she replied.

I rolled my eyes, I couldn't believe my ears. If she's willing to kiss the enemy to accomplish the mission, I am afraid she has done this many times during previous missions. I looked at Bryant’s sleeping face and was tempted to punch him.

“Did you get the password?” She asked as she pointed at the locked door.

“No,” I replied angrily.

I turned around to see Seohyun walk up to the door and enter: 1-9-8-8 on the pad lock. Click! The door opened.

“How did you know?” I asked.

“Bryant’s birth year is 1988,” she replied and gave me a smile.

I face-palmed myself and walked up next to her. I am guessing this guy isn't as clever as I thought. We both opened the door. Inside the room were large computer monitors and a neatly stack pile of folder and papers. Seohyun hacked into the computers and eventually gained access to everything. She saved the documents listing many large and famous companies all over the world and important businessmen from the companies into my USB drive. I looked through some of the files and noticed they were records of powerful CEOs and the histories of their large companies. I stuffed some of the documents into my backpack and tapped Seohyun on the shoulder. She was finished too, but there was only one problem: Bryant Wang.

            Before we left his home, I carried him to his bedroom and made it look like nothing happened the night before when Bryant wakes up. When they reached our condo they cleaned up and had a snack.

“Good night,” Seohyun said and walked towards her bedroom door.

I took her wrist and led her inside my room. She didn’t say a word until she sat on my bed. I closed the door and turned around to see her crossing her legs and looking at me.

“What’s up?” She asked.

I sat next to her on the bed and held her hand. I heavily sighed and was afraid to what I am going to say next.

"I, I just want to talk with you," I said.

She turned her head slightly and gave me a curious look,
"Why don't we talk tomorrow? Aren't you tired?"

I shook my head 'no' and replied,
"Let's just talk. Catch up on things."

"We are on a mission Yonghwa. I don't think we should talk so personally," she replied to me coldly.

I am a bit disappointed, but I just want to talk.

"Please, even, just for a moment," I pleaded.

She looked a bit hesitant, but sighed and gave in.

I smiled a bit and suggested,
"Okay, let's just ask a few questions. I trust you will answer me truthfully, right?"

"A-alright," She stuttered.

***

Yonghwa let go of her hand and started first,
"First question: Did you have any boyfriends after we broke up?"

Out of all the questions he could start with, he asks this one...

Seohyun didn't stutter or hesitate and answered,
"No. I have gone out on dates, but I never had an actual boyfriend."

My heart was pounding against my chest once I asked her that question, but it started to beat normally again. I am somewhat relieved.

Seohyun uncrossed her legs and moved her body across the bed. She went all the way to the back and had the bed's headboard supporting her back.

My turn.

"My question: Is this the reason why you left me?"

 Yonghwa turned around to face her, but couldn't look at her straight in the eyes.

He gazed at the floor and said replied,
"Yes."

I see...

"I understand," Seohyun said quietly.

Does she?

Then silence fell over them. Yonghwa gazed at the quiet Seohyun. Once she started to get off the bed he stopped her by holding her hand.

"Where are you going? We just started," Yonghwa told her.

"Well, you aren't asking me anymore questions, so I took it as a sign that we are now finished," Seohyun said.

She slowly took his hand off her's and started to walk to the door.

"One more question!" Yonghwa shouted, but sounded more like begging.

Seohyun didn't turn around, but the hand that was on the door knob dropped to her side.

Yonghwa jumped off the bed and said,
"This might endanger us."

He paused and started to walk towards her back.

Just ask already!

He put his hand on her shoulder and asked,
"Can we give us a chance?"

"A chance for what?" Seohyun asked with her back still facing him.

He sighed and asked,
"A chance to be able to do this everyday?"

"What? Ask questions to each other?" Seohyun's voice started to rise.

She's so clueless.

She turned around to continue to talk to him, but Yonghwa took a hold of her and pressed his lips on hers.
 

Sorry for taking forever and sorry for giving a short update! T_T
I hope you like it. Is it a bit rushed? Oh no...I hope it isn't. Sorry, I am not a very good writer. I am grateful for even having readers.

*Bows 90 degrees*

Thank you sooo much!