Chapter 6: What's up?

The Dragon and Cherry Blossoms

Yonghwa's POV

I am not afraid that she will slap me after I kissed her, but I am afraid that she won't accept me. I let her go and tears welled up in her eyes. She stood still and didn't say a word to me.

I cleared my throat and took a step back,
"I-I'm sorry. I don't know what has gotten into me."

She shook her head and could only look down on the floor. I saw tears fall from her eyes and she quickly wiped them with the back of her hands.

I started to step closer to comfort her, but she took a step back and said,
"Five years for us to move on, but why didn't we?"

I wiped her tears and lifted her chin. She tried to avoid eye-contact with me, but she failed to do so as our eyes locked.

"Maybe it's faith," I simply replied.

She sighed,
"Or maybe it's another obstacle we each have to face."

"Please, don't say it like it's a bad thing," I said and let her go.

"Maybe it is. Do you know how much danger we would be put in everyday? If people find out if we have a past, if they find out that we are together, people can take advantage of us," She told me.

"Why can't we risk it? Don't you...don't you still love me?" I asked.

I feel like dropping to my knees and begging her to be with me. This may be the only opportunity I would get in order to get her back. I regret leaving her and not giving her a real reason why I did.

She stayed quiet and began to turn the door knob.

"Hyun! Please! I regret not giving you one last kiss before leaving you, not giving you a full explanation, and becoming cold to you when graduation was nearing, but most of all, I regret not trying to find you," My voice began to rise as she starts to walk out of the room.

She turned her head, but didn't face me and replied,
"You haven't called me 'Hyun' in so long. It feels nice to  remember the days when everday we would be safe, but then again. The name reminds me of when we were together, and I am trying to forget that period in my life."

She continued to walk away and as I continued to stare at the floor I heard her bedroom door shut. I began to cry and angrily slamming my door and jumping on the bed. I cried myself to sleep, knowing that this will be another night of not having her.


Seohyun's POV

I can't go back to the past. I can't go back to him. Not at this time when we will endanger our lives because of our love for each other. I love him. Always have and always will, but I love him so much. I can't hurt him. I shall not risk his life.

I fell asleep with heavy thoughts in my mind and I dream where Yonghwa and I were free and together, but it's only a dream. I don't believe this dream will ever become reality. I can only hope and wish this could happen, but I never knew that I would ever have to face him and find him confessing and apologizing to me because of the pain he caused me for the past 5 damn years. I wish that I loved him. Unfortunately, I love him.

--

The next morning


Yonghwa was the first to wake up and Seohyun woke up 30 minutes later. They silently ate breakfast and only spoke when needed to. The only thing that can be heard from the house is the clanging of their utensils until,

~Ring! Ring!~

"Yobeseyo?" Seohyun answered her communicator.

"Seohyun, you and Yonghwa have to go to a masquerade ball that Bryant Wang is going to. The tickets are in a package that will be delivered at your doorstep shortly. The hostess of the party is really good friends with Bryant and you two might get some useful information from her," Chief Kim said.

Seohyun replied,
"We'll be right on it. See ya."

The chief ended the call and she looked up to see Yonghwa standing across from the table sipping his coffee. The doorbell then rang.

"That's the package. We have to attend a masquerade ball that Bryant Wang will be at and one of his good friends are hosting it," Seohyun told Yonghwa.

He set his cup down and got the package. Two tickets to the annual themed party that large and important companies all over East Asia attend to. Ticket date is set to the day after tomorrow.

Yonghwa read the words with a frown. He hates Bryant, he isn't on good terms with Seohyun and worst of all; he hates dancing.

"We are going to have to buy clothes and masks for the ball," Yonghwa said in dismay as he set the tickets on the kitchen table.

Seohyun stood up from her seat and put her plate and cup in the sink. Yonghwa put his dishes in and watched her wash the dishes. Although Seohyun stayed quiet, Yonghwa wasn't happy with her not talking to him.

"Yah! Seohyun, will you not ever talk to me ever again?" Yonghwa asked.

"I will try, but I know I won't succeed due to the fact I am partners with you on this mission. So, it's pratically impossible to ignore you," she snapped.

Yonghwa stayed quiet and started to walk out of the kitchen and headed to his bedroom.

"Go get ready, we are going to shop for the ball that's happening in two days," Yonghwa told her.

"Whatevers," Seohyun nonchalantly replied.

Yonghwa continued to the bathroom and sighed. He undressed himself and went in the shower. He wished for the water to wash his pain away, but it didn't really help.

He decided to sing in the shower:

And so I cry sometimes
When I'm lying in bed Just to get it all out
What's in my head
And I, I am feeling a little peculiar.

And so I wake in the morning
And I step outside
And I take a deep breath and I get real high
And I scream from the top of my lungs
What's going on?

~~

Meanwhile, Seohyun finished up the dishes. As she walked passed the master bedroom she can hear Yonghwa singing in the shower. She stays frozen and instead of going inside the room, she sits downs and leans her head on the door. She misses the times when he used to sing and play his guitar. She remembers the times when they would randomly sing this song he is singing now during break and everybody would look at the strangely.

Seohyun quietly sings along. Then in unison:

And I say, hey hey hey hey
I said hey, what's going on?

And I say, hey hey hey hey
I said hey, what's going on?

And I say, hey hey hey hey
I said hey, what's going on?

And I say, hey hey hey hey
I said hey, what's going on?

Seohyun's tears silently fall, but at the same time, with a smile on her face.

 

A/N:
Hey everyone! In case you don't remember. The song is called What's up by 4 Non Blondes.
Lyrics:
http://www.lyricsondemand.com/onehitwonders/whatsuplyrics.html))