Chapter 24: The Truth About the Two?

The Dragon and Cherry Blossoms

Two days after the incident, Seohyun and Yonghwa had to go to the Blue House and tell the President, his wife and his daughter everything. Jinwoon left the day before in order to properly prepare for his new assignment. 

Yonghwa and Seohyun knew this would hurt Mi Cha, but they didn't know the amount of tears she would shed as the couple talked to the family. 

"No..." Mi Cha shook her head as tears stained her cheeks. 

Yonghwa frowned, 
"Mi Cha-ssi, Bryant is very dangerous. He has been helping his father for awhile now."

Seohyun had a difficult time just seeing the girl crying. Seohyun knew that in any moment now, that she could break down.

"Child, it will be alright," Her mother rubbed her daughter's back.

On the other hand, the father was was both furious and almost felt helpless. Her only daughter is crying because of the man who betrayed his family. Although he wants to express his anger, it would be rash. His daughter must have fallen in love with the man, so he shouldn't say a word yet. It will just make things worst. 

"Omma, I need a moment okay?" Mi Cha told her mother. 

She glanced at her father who was speechless. Mi Cha shook off her mother's hand that tried to comfort her and ran out of the President's office. 

Seohyun stopped Mi Cha's mother from chasing her daughter. 

"M'am, l will talk to her. Please stay here," Seohyun stepped in front of her. 

The worried mother was hesitant, but since her husband insisted, she agreed. 

"Yonghwa, accompany them and also tell their security about this, " Seohyun told him.

He simply nodded and smiled. He took her hand and gave her a kiss on the cheek.

"Be careful," He told her.

Seohyun slightly blushed and whispered,
"Yong..."

Yonghwa chuckled and went back to the president and his wife who were a bit surprised by how the two agents were acting.

Seohyun bowed and walked out of the office. Before she left to go search for Mi Cha, she turned to one of the 2 guards who were guarding the entrance of the President's office. 

"Excuse me, may I know where Mi Cha's bedroom is located?" She asked.

The guard instructed her to go to the top floor -same floor as the President and his wife- and it will be second to last door on the west side of the hall. Seohyun thanked him and went straight there. She reached the door to find it -of course- locked. She knocked it a couple of times.

"Mi Cha-ssi, you in there?" Seohyun knocked on her door.

"Please go away," Seohyun heard Mi Cha's voice on the other side of the door. 

"Talking might make you feel better, you can trust me Mi Cha-ssi. Don't you?" Seohyun asked her. 

There was a long silence, then Mi Cha unlocked her bedroom door. 

She opened it and peeked out her door to find Seohyun standing there patiently. Mi Cha opened the door wider and Seohyun took that as a gesture of letting herself in. She looked around to find a large King-sized bed, a balcony across the room, a desk and a dresser. There were two doors across from the bed. One was slightly opened, revealing Mi Cha's closet and another one closed which was the bathroom. Seohyun took off her shoes before stepping on the carpet, then she took a seat on a beanbag chair nearby the bed. She set her bag down next to her and watched Mi Cha walked to her dresser and open her jewelry box. She grabbed a bracelet with white diamonds and green emeralds encrusted on it. Seohyun noticed Mi Cha's eyes focusing only on it. 

"You seem very fond of that," Seohyun said.

Mi Cha simply nodded without facing her. She sat down on her bed and grabbed a stuffed bunny. 

"Why are you here?" Mi Cha finally faced Seohyun.

"I don't need anymore warnings. I understand. He's the bad guy, so stay away. Am I right?" She snapped as tears began to fall. 

Seohyun took a deep breath,
"Mi Cha-ssi, I understand you're hurt, but Bryant being who he is and doing what he is doing- it is our job to protect you. It is our job to protect you, your family and the country. There's also times, when we have to protect the world."

Mi Cha grabbed her doll, only to just hug it. She then began fondling with the bracelet she just took out.

After a long silence, Mi Cha began speaking to Seohyun again.

"I remember...when...he arranged a surprise party for my 21st birthday," She began. 

Seohyun stood up and sat at the end of Mi Cha's bed. 

"He held it on his yacht. It was a spectacular party. Full of people. From my close friends to my family. He did everything. In the middle of the party, while I was talking to my aunts. He took me outside on the highest deck and he handed me this doll. Since the doll is so small, it wore the bracelet I have here, around its neck," She touched the bracelet that laid on the bed, "That was the moment he told me that he had to leave Korea for awhile. He would have to travel often and so...we couldn't hang out as much as we used too. I began crying...knowing that I will probably only see him once a year, and if I'm lucky...maybe on the holidays. He then took off the bracelet from the bunny and put it around my wrist. He smiled and told me to not cry. He said he will miss me too, but he has no choice. It was for his father's company. He gave me a kiss on the head and he told me that he will visit as often as he can. Then...he said to look up at the sky. I looked up, and moments later, fireworks began to fill the sky."

Seohyun was not sure why Mi Cha was telling her all of this. However, she listened anyway. There must be a reason.

"You must be wondering why I suddenly told you this," Mi Cha softly chuckled. 

Seohyun nodded in response and Mi Cha sighed,
"He hasn't visited me in a year. Until recently, in which...I could tell he was different. The day he visited me, he took me to his yacht. The same one he used for my party. At first, he seemed like the same old Bryant I've always known throughout the years. However, I could tell he was different. Not in his physical appearance, but something about him has changed."

"What are you talking about?" Seohyun asked in concern.

"His father owns the company. His father is always telling him what to do. There have been times when Bryant has told me that he doesn't want to follow his father's footsteps because he isn't into the whole buisness ordeal. I don't see him for a year, and now all of this happened? There has to be something up," Mi Cha told Seohyun.

Seohyun was now in a state of confusion. He captured the enemy and he has warned the Blue House and that's it right? Hearing this, Seohyun has become concerned and wishes to help Mi Cha, but the WSA hasn't said anything about this. This is the first time that she has gone through such a problem.

"Mi Cha-ssi, I'm not sure if I am able to do anything. I also have to leave soon. I'm sorry," Seohyun apologized as she stood up. 

"It's alright. I told you all of this because I trust you, not because I believe you will do something about it," Mi Cha replied.

Seohyun slightly frowned, but it was true after all. It wasn't definite that her and Yonghwa could help her. Seohyun grabbed her bag and searched for a pen and her small notebook. She wrote her phone number and wrote her phone number and set it on Mi Cha's dresser. She bowed, put on her shoes and left the room. 

Concern, worries and guilt filled her mind. 


Seohyun's POV

After telling the president and his wife about Mi Cha's current situation. Yonghwa and I left the Blue House and drove to the WSA office. 

"How is she?" Yonghwa asked me.

"She was crying a lot...and she is concerned about Bryant. She thinks something happened within the year he has been away from Korea and her," I replied.

"What do you mean?" Yonghwa glanced at me as he drove.

I sighed,
"She said Bryant wasn't even interested in the buisness. So, him getting so involved is a bit...odd. She suspects something is up."

"Hmm...well, we are gonna watch his interrogation so maybe we might find new discoveries from Bryant and his dad," Yonghwa said.

I nodded and began to look out the window to watch the passing by scenery. 

When we stopped at a stoplight I felt Yonghwa hold my hand,
"Hey."

I turned to him and he smiled. He kissed my hand and continued to hold onto it.

"It's gonna be fine Hyun," He said. 

I smiled, hearing his comforting words. 

----------

Once we reached the office, we began to watch Bryant's interrogation through a one way glass. Bryant was already in the room. Sitting behind a wooden table. The one who had to question him was my dongsaeng, Chung-hee. 

Introductions were made, then the interrogation began. 

"What were you doing in China?" Chung-hee asked as he flipped through documents that was placed on the table.

Bryant had a straight face on,
"I was helping my father."

"With?" Chung-hee said.

"Deals he had to make with the Triads in China," He simply replied as if it was no big deal.

"What is your position in the company?" Chung-hee asked even though Yonghwa and I put that info in the documents.

"I'm the owner's son," He replied.

"It says you are the heir of the company and you have recently been given the position of Vice President," Chung hee pointed at the documents.

Bryant stood up in his chair and took a peek at the documents, which surprised Chung-hee. Bryant then sat back on his seat.

"That's what it says," Bryant said plainly. 

Chung-hee, although annoyed by Bryant's tone, continued questioning. However, it led to no where. To the point where Yonghwa, Chief Kim and I were wondering what Chung-hee was trying to find. My patience soon ran out and I stood up from my seat and grabbed the mic connected to Chung-hee's ear piece. 

"Dongsaeng, this is Seohyun sunbae. Trade places with me...now," I said.

I saw Chung-hee sigh. He left the documents on the table, told Bryant that someone else will continue and left the room. Bryant sighed and tapped his fingers impatiently against the table. 

"Seohyun, what are you doing?" Yonghwa asked me.

Once the door opened, Chung-hee handed me his ear piece. I patted his back in reassurance. Then I turned to Yonghwa.

"I need to ask about Mi Cha," I said. 

As I started to walk out the door and into the next room, Yonghwa grabbed my wrist to stop me,
"We shouldn't get involved their problems. It's theirs, not the WSA's and definitely not our's. Don't meddle in."

I shook off from his grasp,
"Whatever, we are done with this mission. We caught the bad guy. Woo-hoo we saved the country, but," I paused to look at his shocked face, "I believe Mi Cha, and I want to know what's going so I can tell her. She has the right to know. She loves him and he probably loves her too."

"Seohyun, we shouldn't make things complicated." He sighed. 

I rolled my eyes,
"We aren't."

I walked inside the room to be greeted by Bryant's surprised face.

"Hello, I'm gonna cut to the chase because even though I have no buisness into your personal life, someone in it is getting deeply affected. I don't care what you are, what you do...but, I care why you do it. So for the sake of her heart can you tell me why you are helping your dad. Why did you do the things you did to  Yonghwa and I? Is it because your father told you too?" I slammed the desk a bit harder than I intended. 

It startled Bryant, but he went back to his laid back posture. 

"Well, I have a question," He said.

"You didn't answer my questions yet," I told him.

He nods his head,
"I know, but it's just one...who is this person in my life that is being affected?"

I didn't even hesitate to answer,
"Lee Mi Cha."

There. I looked at him. I saw the shock in his face. 

"I did it because my father said. I had no choice. Or else...he might have hurt her," He muttered the last sentence.

"Mr. Wang, you could've prevented that. How old are you? Twenty-two? Turning twenty three? And you can't even stop your own dad?" I scolded him.

My father is able to do things that even I can not prevent! He could have taken her away from me. Oh...oh, please, don't tell her about this. Don't tell her father especially," He said desperately.

"Why did you try to kill me and Yonghwa? Are you crazy?" I asked rather sharply.

"I'm not crazy! I tried to kill you two because you were in the way. In the beginning, I though threats one cause both of you to back off, but you two were so determined. So, I had no choice. You were in the way of my dad's plans and he ordered me to take out any obstacle that comes his way of the company," His voice started to rise.

I was confused. Didn't he have a thing for me? His dad forced him to do all these things? 

"What about Mi Cha?" I asked sternly.

He stood up from his chair,
"I love her. There, I said it. And if you are wondering why I kissed you and was sort of fond of you, then it was because you reminded me too much about her. So when I was drunk, I didn't know any better."

i side-glanced at the wall with the one-way glass. I wonder what Yonghwa's reaction to that would be. 

"I'm...confused," I said in disbelief.

That was when Bryant revealed what I did not expect to hear,
"Go ahead don't believe me, but I love Mi Cha. My father is my father...but he's a horrible man. I would go back to what I used to before all this sh*t happened, but it won't be of any use. Just...here."

He took out a folded piece of paper from his pocket. He handed it to me and I took it. 

"Give it to her. I know I am an idiot. I made a horrible decision to follow my dad's every order, but it was for her. I may have been crazy for almost killing you two and for acting the way I did, but the faster my father's wishes were to be granted, meant that I get to see her sooner," He said and slumped into his chair. 

Before I could say anything, I heard Chief Kim's voice coming from my ear piece,
"That's enough. We will deal with his father soon. This is good for now."

I took a deep breath and nodded.

I bowed and left the room with Bryant in it.

As I went inside the next room, I noticed everyone's surprised faces. I turn to the glass to look at Bryant one last time. I saw him crying, shaking and I looked at his regretful eyes that were turning red. He's full-grown man, with a naive mind. However, he did it for the one person he cared about. 

I looked at the folded paper that I still had in my hand and I felt Yonghwa's hand on my shoulder,
"We gotta go now. We have to get our stuff from condo."

"What happens afterwards?" I asked as I turned to him. 

"Let's worry about that tomorrow," He kissed my cheek.

I nodded and we said goodbye to Chief Kim and left for the condo. We began packing and fixing everything. By the time we were done and ate, we got ready for bed. 

I tiredly went to my side of the bed. I looked at the folded note that I placed on the bedside table.

I then felt Yonghwa join me in bed beside me. His arms wrapped around my body.

"Sorry for interfering, I just...I don't know," I sighed.

I turned around to face him.

"No, I understand, you have a good heart, so you felt sorry for Mi Cha and became worried," He began rubbing my arm gently.

I smiled,
"I'm gonna give that note to Mi Cha." 

"How? Her parents probably won't want her to have any contact with they guy," He pointed out.

I shrugged my shoulders,
"I'll sneak in I guess." 

I heard him chuckle,
"Just to give her that note?"

I nodded my head, and I heard another chuckle from him.

"You're really kind-hearted, y'know that? One of the many reasons why I love you," He said sweetly.

I put my arms around him and hugged him,
"I love you Yong, good night."

He held me tighter and it took a deep breath,
"Good night, I love you too."

I felt him kiss the top of my head and we soon drifted to sleep.

~~
First of all, thank you all for being so patient. So much has happened that this story had to be set aside for quite some time. I hope you are enjoying the story. I'm so sorry for making this thing wait for so long. 
^__^ 
I love you guys <3