Chapter 16: I warned you

The Dragon and Cherry Blossoms

Yonghwa woke up before Seohyun did because his phone began ringing. The caller ID read: Withheld. Yonghwa yawned, rubbed his eyes and answered the phone.

"Yobeseyo?" Yonghwa answered.

"Make no further attempt to interfere with Bryant's plans. You will just endanger the two of you," The disguised voice said.

Yonghwa quickly turned to Seohyun who was still peacefully sleeping. As he looked out the window of the bedroom, he stiffened.

"Who are you? Nothing will stop me and Seohyun from getting the job done," He hissed.

The voice chuckled,
"I warned you."

The call ended and Yonghwa gulped. He has had threats before from previous missions, but now that Seohyun is with him; he's in a totally new level of worry. He set his phone his bed side table and went back to bed. He laid down on his side to face Seohyun. He traced the side of her face, then tucked a piece of hair behind her ear. Her eyes fluttered open. She rubbed her eyes and yawned. She stretched her arms, then turned to Yonghwa.

"Good morning," She greeted him.

"Morning," He replied.

This morning wasn't good at all.

He put his arm around her waist and kissed her on the lips. As they kissed, Seohyun smiled and began giggling.

Yonghwa pulled back and gave out a light chuckle. Seohyun snuggled her head in his neck and sighed.

"What's up?" Yonghwa asked.

"I'm just relieved that my dream wasn't real," She said.

Yonghwa rose his eyebrow and replied,
"Huh? What happened?"

Yonghwa sat up and Seohyun decided to lay her head on his lap.

"You and I were there. There was also another person, I wasn't sure of who it was because that person would show their face, but he/she was there. You...you were being held hostage by the unknown man. I didn't know what to do, I really didn't. I had no gun, no weapons. It was just the three of us. Then I heard a gun shot. I saw blood spill, but I am not sure who's it was because once I saw it, the dream ended," She told Yonghwa.

She hiccupped a bit as she began crying. Yonghwa helped her sit up and he began wiping her tears.

"Don't cry, Hyun. It's just a dream," Yonghwa told her.

"I know, but it felt so real though..." She said.

He hugged her and rubbed her back as he comforted her.

"Yong...honestly, I'm scared," She admitted.

Yonghwa stopped rubbing her back and slowly pulled her away, but his hands still held onto her shoulders.

"Hyun, don't think like that. Please, no matter what I will always protect you," He said.

Seohyun sighed,
"That's what I am scared of. You will protect me no matter what the circumstances are, even if you have to risk your life for it. I don't think I will be able to live without you. Five years without you gave me pain, frustration, anger and tears. Forever will just be hell. So, I will protect you no matter what Yong."

Yonghwa nodded,
"Same here Seohyun. You know what, let's just...stop talking about this. We just woke up and we have to get back to work. C'mon, let's eat breakfast."

Seohyun gave a small smile and nodded. Yonghwa got off the bed and crouched down a little.

"Get on," He said.

"What?" Seohyun giggled.

"Piggyback ride, just like old times," He turned his head slightly to look at her smiling and coming forward.

She got on and as Yonghwa stood up a little he chuckled.

"Did you get heavier? I remember you being a little lighter," Yonghwa teased.

"Yah!" Seohyun hit his shoulder.

He laughed and said,
"Hold on."

She wrapped her arms around his neck and she rode him until they reached the kitchen. He placed her on the kitchen counter. She rocked back and forth as Yonghwa turned around and smiled.

"What do you want for breakfast?" She asked him as he was looking through the fridge.

He put back the carton of milk inside the fridge and smirked at her,
"You."

She began blushing as he walked towards her.

"Tcch-so corny," She said.

He wrapped his arms around her waist gave her a peck on the lips. He gave her a smile and she kissed him back. Yonghwa deepened the kiss and Seohyun quickly responded, but soon pulled back.

He pouted and she waved her finger at him and shook her head,
"Tssk...later. We haven't even had breakfast yet. Now, I'll make breakfast."

His arms fell to his side. He sighed and nodded. Seohyun hopped off the counter and before turning to the fridge to search for something to eat, she put both her hands on his cheeks.

"Yong~ don't give me that face. Breakfast and work first. Then we can...do whatever you like," She laughed.

He chuckled and touched her hand,
"I just don't want that. It's just that...we haven't done anything fun with each other in awhile. We don't have to make love, I just want to have fun with you."

She smiled and nodded,
"We will soon."

He gave her a kiss on the forehead, then ate breakfast.

After breakfast, someone knocked on the door. Yonghwa was taking a shower and Seohyun already finished getting ready for work. She had a few knives on her so she went on ahead and quietly walked towards the door. She looked through the peephole and saw no one there.

"Hmm...that's odd," She whispered to herself.

She took out a knife and slowly opened the door.

"Yaahh!!" She screamed and her knife dropped to the floor.

--

"Huh?" Yonghwa said as he was putting on his shirt in the bedroom. He heard a yelp downstairs. He grabbed his Glock G21 and ran downstairs.

"What the-" He said under his breath as he saw blood on the floor, a knife on the floor and the door opened.th

"Seohyun!? Where are you?" He shouted throughout the home. He looked all over and couldn't find her.

He went back to the scene, then found a note on the floor near the entrance. It was handwritten and on a blank buisness card.

Mr. Jung,

I warned you.

Yonghwa crumbled the paper and threw it to the ground. His heart raced and his mind began being filled with so many thoughts that it might explode.

Anger, frustration and most of all...worry. He quickly ran upstairs to grab his things, left the home and drove off. He doesn't know where she could be, but that didn't stop him from driving to the one place that might give him a clue.

He stopped in front of the familar home. Full of memories that just added oil to the fire. He climbed up to the familar balcony that he had to hide at while Seohyun was inside, 'working.' He felt sick to his stomach. He hated this place, but he had no other choice. He picked the lock and went inside Bryant's office. Bryant wasn't home, at least not yet. Yonghwa caught sight of Bryant's phone blinking, then ringing. Yonghwa let it ring, but then a voicemail was left. He pressed play.

"Boss, we have her. Come over to the location if you want, but if not, just tell us what to do."

Yonghwa's eyes widened. He slammed his fist on the desk and was tempted to pick up the phone, but the sound of a door knob turning stopped him. Yonghwa ran to the balcony and hid behind the potted plant. Bryant came home.

Yonghwa bit his lip.

I wanna kick this guy's a**, but I need to know where Seohyun is. Should I leave him alone? (Yonghwa's thoughts)

Yonghwa peeked from behind the plant to see him. Bryant was dressed up casually this time. Clean shirt and jeans. Bryant looked around his office, then walked towards the door leading to the balcony.

I guess the second one is not an option. (Yonghwa's thoughts)

~~

Sorry it's a bit short and sorry for taking forever T_T
 I wanted to update you guys with something because I didn't want to all leave you hanging for more than a week. CSTs were in the way and I have to continue them this week. But I will still try my best ^__^