Chapter 28: Departure

The Dragon and Cherry Blossoms

Seohyun's POV

After lunch, Jessica unnie and Tiffany unnie met up with Yonghwa and I met at the cafe down the street from Seo Management. It was the cafe where my unnies and I would chat during lunch while I was working there during the summer. Yonghwa opened the door to the small, modern cafe and we entered inside. I looked around to find my unnies sitting on a couch talking to each other. I held Yonghwa's hand and pointed to where my unnies were at. I led him to the table they were at and as soon Tiffany unnie caught sight of me, she squealed and gave me a hug. Jessica unnie joined her and all 3 of us huddled up for a hug.

"Jessica unnie, Tiffany unnie," I said once we let each other go, "This is Jung Yonghwa, my boyfriend."

Yonghwa bowed and shook their hands,
"Nice to meet you."

"Omo, you're quite handsome," Jessica unnie said and Yonghwa chuckled.

"Thank you," He smiled. 

"Sit down, sit down," Tiffany unnie said and Yonghwa and I sat across from them. 

"The picture of you two that our Seohyun sent us is just so cute! How long have you two known each other?" Jessica unnie asked.

Yonghwa smiled and replied,
"We've known each other since high school."

"High school?" Tiffany rose her eyebrow, "But, you two just got together recently?" 

"Mmm...unnies, Yonghwa is the guy from high school I mentioned," I slowly said. 

I saw their faces turn from excitement to concern. It's obviously about the fact the I got together with an ex and to them it's a big no-no, especially since he left with no reason and no formal goodbye, but I didn't get around to telling them the exact reason why he didn't say a word.

When I realized that it was quiet between the four of us, I cleared my throat,
"So, yeah, we've been apart from each other for the past 5 years and we were assigned as partners for the mission I've been doing for the past month."

Tiffany unnie picked up the cup in front of her and sipped it before saying,
"I see. Well, you're glowing. I haven't seen this side of you before, but I'm glad to see it."

"Me too," Jessica unnie grinned. 

Yonghwa's cellphone went off afterwards. I turned to him as he glanced at the Caller ID; it was his dad. 

"Excuse me for a moment," He looked at all three of us. He gave me a peck on the cheek, before stepping outside the cafe. 

I smiled, but once I turned to my friends- my face fell. 

"Unnies..." I said in a pleading voice, "Please don't-"

"Seohyun, what is this all about? I can't believe you are back with him!  How did this happen!?" Tiffany unnie cut me off as she set her cup down on the table, anger in her voice. 

"Unnie, I can explain," I sighed. 

"Go on," Jessica unnie nodded. 

I took a deep breath before telling them about everything that has happened. From me giving him the cold shoulder, to why he had to leave without a word to what's been happening recently. 

"Oh. My. God," Tiffany unnie covered as she giggled. 

"Our Seobaby isn't a anymore!! We're apart for a month and THIS happens!? Why didn't you tell us!?" Jessica unnie exclaimed and went over to me hug me tightly.

"Unnie! Ssh!! We're in public and you're saying such things in that tone?" I hissed and she rolled her eyes.

"So, how is it?" Tiffany unnie winked and I instantly got the message.

I blushed in embarassment, and replied,
"It's...mm...good?"

"Good?" Tiffany unnie repeated. 

"Details, we need details," Jessica unnie waved her hand motioning for me to keep going. 

"Well," I started, but before I can even put a sentence in, Yonghwa came back. 

He plopped comfortably beside me and wrapped his arm around my shoulder,
"So, what are you girls talking about?" 

"Just girl things," Jessica unnie replied and winked.

I looked at Yonghwa, who chuckled and responded,
"Okay then."

"Details later," Jessica unnie mouthed and a smile cracked on my face as I simply nodded. 

 

Later that day, the couple recieved messages from WSA. 

To: Yonghwa Jung

From: WSA - South Korea Branch (branch ID: 26-S)

Details: A party is being help for the President Lee. Rumors going around about one of the party-goers planning to attack the president. More information will be given at the office. Come by the office on Tuesday. 

 

To: Seo Joo Hyun

From: WSA - Japan Branch (branch ID: 23-T) 

Details: Suspicious deaths of politicians have occured around Honshu. Deaths are still rising, but are occuring mostly in Tokyo and Kyoto. Stop by the office on Tuesday to recieve more information. 

 

The couple were on their laptops and after reading the message, they both looked at each other.

"We have to leave tomorrow morning," Seohyun said with disappointment in her voice.

"Where do you need to go?" Yonghwa asked.

"Tokyo, how about you?" 

"Seoul," Yonghwa sighed as he ran his fingers through his hair.

The room was silent for a few moment. Seohyun looked at the screen of her laptop, the message was still there. She shut down her laptop and set it aside, disappointed that parting ways between Yonghwa is just around the corner. Yonghwa watched Seohyun, as he laid his laptop on the bedside table. 

"Hyun, come over here," Yonghwa told her.

She went under her blanket with Yonghwa beside her and he held her closely. 

"Remember to call me everyday, if not Skype me," Yonghwa spoke to her as he wrapped his arms around her.

"Don't let any girls touch you," Seohyun said, earning a chuckle from Yonghwa.

"Even if it's part of the job?" Yonghwa asked.

Seohyun buried her face into his chest as she nodded.

Yonghwa smiled,
"Don't let any guys touch you either, okay?" 

Seohyun looked at him and teasingly asked,
"Even if it's part of the job?" 

Not a whole-heartedly, but a geniune light laughter filled the room as they thought about it. That will probably not be the case, but it's great to think that way.

"Good night, Hyun," Yonghwa kissed her lips.

"Good night Yong," She kissed him back before falling asleep in his arms that night.

Even if many thoughts ran through their heads, the fact that they could spend the night together like this is a great feeling, even if they know they won't be able to experience it in a while.  

On Tuesday...

The couple went to the airport. Seohyun's parents and friends went to see them off. Yonghwa's flight was leaving first, and so Seohyun and the rest of them saw him off. 

"I'll see you soon okay? Be careful," Seohyun gave him a peck on the lips.

Yonghwa looked at Seohyun's sad face as she was seeing him off. Seohyun's eyes started pooling with tears, but she held it in, not wanting to cry before Yonghwa.

"Hyun..." Yonghwa said in a worried tone. 

"I'm fine," She lied.

Yonghwa's heart was already breaking from just seeing her cry. He wiped her tears. 

"Don't cry, you know, seeing you like that makes me want to drop everything and go to Japan with you instead," Yonghwa said.

Seohyun's tears began falling, and that's when Yonghwa hugged her tightly.

"It's gonna be about a month; it will pass by fast," Yonghwa assured her and she nodded as she held onto him tighter.

"Flight UA984 to Seoul is leaving in 10 minutes."

Seohyun hesitantly let go of him,
"You better get on board."

He adjusted his carry-on bag on his shoulders and nodded. However, before he took even 2 steps- he turned around and smacked his lips onto Seohyun's. 

Seohyun responded to the kiss by putting her arms around his neck. Jessica and Tiffany began jumping around in excitement as they watched the sweet and romantic moment between the two, while Changmin's friends -and also Seohyun's oppas- began teasing by whistling and howling. Changmin simply smiled. 

The couple finally part ways only to look at their audience. They chuckled at the sight.

"I better get going," Yonghwa said and Seohyun nodded.

As Yonghwa began walking towards the gate, Seohyun shouted,
"I love you!" 

Yonghwa quickly turned and without hesitation, shouted,
"I love you too!"

She watched the plane take off and felt someone's hand on her shoulder. She turned and smiled at the man who smiled back.

"You're flight is going to leave soon, c'mon," Changmin said.

Seohyun nodded, grabbed her carry-on bag and followed Changmin to her gate to Japan. 

Before she left, she hugged everybody good-bye. 

"Next time you come here, tell us so we can hang out alright?" Jaejoong ruffled her hair after he gave her a hug.

She laughed,
"I will oppa."

"Be careful alright? Call if you can," her mother said and to Seohyun's surprise- she did not cry.

As Seohyun got on the plane, she checked her communicator to find a new message. She clicked it, thinking it was from the Tokyo Branch about the mission. 

"Omo.." Seohyun smiled at the message.

Agent Jung,

Be careful on your mission. I love you 

-Yonghwa

Seohyun sent him a message.

Agent Jung,

Agent Jung? You mean Agent Seo? haha, why are using the communicator? WSA tracks our messages. 

-Seohyun

Yonghwa is still on his flight as he recieved the message. He smiled.

Well, it's going to be Agent Jung soon, so might as well start now. 

Seohyun giggled in her seat, attracting attention to a neighboring passenger next to her in First Class. Seohyun bit her lip, thinking she must have woke the woman up. The two continued to message each other, all throughout the plane ride. Both felt like they were high school sweethearts texting away almost the whole day. By the time they reached their destination it was about 10 pm. 

Seohyun went from her communicator to her phone as she texted Yonghwa:

Gonna go to sleep, have to head to the office tomorrow morning. Good night <3

Yonghwa finished drying his hair when he heard his text tone go off. He read the message and replied:

Good night, talk to you soon.

He looked around his bedroom, it will be the first time he slept alone in awhile. He sighed and went to bed with only Seohyun in his thoughts.

~~

Dear readers,

Has it really been over a month since I updated? I want to apologize about that for 1000x. I am so sorry. I haven't been on asianfanfics very often until lately because this weekend is a 3-day weekend. *sigh*

Another update will come soon. It will, really. I just hope it won't take a month to do so. I love you guys a lot. You all probably forgot the story and seeing an update just suddenly reminded you that you even subscribed LOL