Chapter 25: Seohyun's Home

The Dragon and Cherry Blossoms

Yonghwa's POV

The next day, Seohyun and I stopped by the Blue House to give Mi Cha, Bryant's note.

We met at the dining room. Seohyun and sitting on one side and Mi Cha sitting on the other.

"This is from Bryant," Seohyun slid the folded note across the table.

Mi Cha simply stared at the paper. She was obviously still not over what happened yesterday.

"Do you want one of us to read it to you instead?" I asked in hesitation.

She nodded and I took the paper and glanced at Seohyun. She nodded for me to read it. I unfolded the note. 

"Dear Mi Cha," I began to read. 

I glanced at Mi Cha who had her eyes looking down at the table. I continued to read.

"Are you well? Have you been eating properly? How are your studies and jujitsu? I hope you have been well. Actually, the whole time I was gone, I was hoping for you to be well. I've been all over the place for the past year. However, wherever I went, I couldn't stop thinking about you. Have you ever heard about how...if a person was thinking of another person, then they would appear in that person's dream. Well, have you been thinking about me a lot? Because almost every night, you appear in my dreams. I bet I have been in yours often, since I think of you every single day," I paused when I heard someone come into the room. 

"Miss Lee, Mr. Jung and Miss Seo, do any of you need anything?" A man dressed in a dark suit, a guard, asked.

We shook our heads in response and he bowed and left.

I glanced at Mi Cha who had a blank expression on her face.

"Go on," She told me, barely audible. 

I nodded and continued,
"Mi Cha, I have missed you so much for the past year. I would like to apologize for not keeping my promise, for not talking to you often as I said I would. I'm sorry for worrying you. For having you suffer. You probably have been told to stay away from me. I would like to tell you I'm sorry for that too. Now, we can't see each other. Mi Cha, I can apologize a thousand times, but that won't make up for what I have done. All of this has happened because I am a coward. I am a weak man. I can't even go against my father's decisions because I had so much fear. I had so much fear at the time. Because I feared that if I don't follow his orders, you will get hurt. However, you got hurt anyway. I still hurt you because of my doings. I am so sorry Mi Cha. I am so sorry. Mi Cha, I love you. I love you so much. The day we finally got to see each other: I wanted to kiss you then and there. Now, I regret not doing so. I am a man full of regrets. Mi Cha, the only thing I don't regret- is loving you. Mi Cha, if you love me just as much. Please, don't cry too much. I don't want to be a burden to you. So if you must, let go of me because I don't want to be something that you miss so much; that it will nag you in the back of your brain everyday. Mi Cha, I want you to be happy. I want you to be the strong and cheerful Mi Cha I have always known. Go get your P.H.D and become a medical scientist. Enjoy your time in learning jujitsu. Do what you want...as long as you're happy, I'm happy for you. I'm sorry for being a weakling, a coward, an idiot. I have always tried to protect you and I have succeeded until now. You're safe, but I broke you're heart. Mi Cha, I ask for your forgiveness. If you don't reply to this, I understand. I just want you to know the truth. 

I love you, 
        ~Bryant~

I put down the note on the table and I slightly frowned. I looked at the girl in front of me. Tears began falling, but she quickly wiped them off. I passed her my handkerchief from my pocket. She slightly bowed and took it. 

"Mi Cha," Seohyun began.

"Thank you," She said and gave us a small smile.

"I don't believe this is part of your job, but thank you Yonghwa-ssi, Seohyun-ssi. Thank you both for everything you guys have done," She rose from her chair and bowed. 

I looked at Seohyun who was also taken aback. However, we bowed back.

After a short conversation with Mi Cha, Seohyun and I left for the office- knowing that this is the last day of our mission.

At the office...

"Seohyun-ssi! Yonghwa-ssi! Congratulations on accomplishing your mission," Chief Kim patted the two agents on the back.

The two agents only smiled back. The bittersweet moment is hard to grasp as they just decided to be together again a few weeks ago. Chief Kim noticed their not-so-happy faces and rose his eyebrow in concern.

"Now, you two...what's the matter? Is it because you two will part ways? Well, don't worry so much about that! You two should be able to video chat in between jobs and what not!" Chief Kim softly chuckled.

Seohyun had a solemn smile and tugged on Yonghwa's arm to get his attention.

"Yeah, he's right. We shouldn't be too sad, I mean it's not like we will never see each other again," Seohyun held his hand.

Chief Kim noticed how close and touchy they were acting. He was - at first - denying it. Thinking he was only seeing things, but seeing them before his eyes-  he realized that they are what he feared. He left them sitting on the leather chairs in front of his desk and went to his chair.

He tapped his fingers across his desk,
"So, you two are...in a relationship?"

Yonghwa was hesitant, but replied,
"Yes, sir."

Chief Kim sighed,
"Well, you two are adults now and should know what you two are doing. So, I don't think I have to tell you guys what you are risking here, but you probably have encountered a few bumps on the road, right?"

Seohyun nodded,
"Chief Kim, we definitely know what we are doing. Even though we have to be apart a lot due to missions; we'll be fine. We promise to work hard like we always do."

"Good, now, the mission took a lot less time than the WSA expected so you two will have a couple of days off- then, next Monday it's off to work. Have fun! I will send you both your missions Sunday night," Chief Kim smiled as he noticed the couple grinning from ear to ear.

Seohyun and Yonghwa then left the office, wondering what they should do during their short break. 


Seohyun's POV

"What do you want to do for the next couple of days?" Yonghwa asked me as we were packing our clothes in our suitcases.

I shrugged,
"Not sure, maybe we should travel somewhere."

I finished putting everything inside and I set beside the bed and turned to Yonghwa.

"Maybe...where would you want to go to?" He asked.

I sighed, thinking about what we can do. I unlocked my phone and smiled at a text I recieved from omma. 

Omma: Joo Hyun, call back soon. Your father and I miss you very much.

Then an idea sparked in my brain! 

"Yong!" I called him.

He closed his suitcase and looked up at me.

I smiled,
"Do you think...we can visit my parents in the states?"

I noticed his surprised eyes as he replied,
"Y-your parents?" 

I nodded,
"Yeah, they moved to the U.S while I was training for the WSA. Last time I saw them was before the mission and..."

I was hesitant to finish my sentence. Would he really be okay with seeing them again? 

"And...you want me to see them again?" He rose his eyebrow.

I shyly nodded and he chuckled. He sat next to me and wrapped his arm around my shoulder.

"Alright, I haven't seen them in a long while, so it will be nice to see them after all these years. I hope they aren't holding a grudge with me like you did," He softly laughed.

I rested my head on his shoulder,
"Thank you."

"I'll book the flight for tonight, we should surprise them," I suggested and he agreed.


The next day...

Yonghwa and I stopped at the front of the door, holding hands and taking a deep breath before unlocking the door.

"You'll be fine," I assured him.

"I know I will be, since you're here," He said sweetly.

I blushed and gave him a peck on the cheek,
"You're so sweet...and corny."

He chuckled and I unlocked the door with my key to the house. Yonghwa closed the front door behind him and I tip-toed to the kitchen to find omma cooking breakfast. 

"Omma!" I shouted and I saw her step back from the stove with a surprised look on her face.

She quickly lowered the heat, wiped her hands on her apron and hugged me.

"Omo! You scared me child! Why didn't you call!?" She exclaimed. 

I smiled at her and I turned to Yonghwa, who just stepped inside the kitchen. He bowed and smiled.

"Hello, may...may I still call you Omma like old times?" He shyly asked.

Omma's eyes were locked onto mines and she gave me a shocked look, but she turned to Yonghwa. Her eyes softened. She stepped closer to Yonghwa and patted his back. 

"Yonghwa, let's catch up after breakfast, arraso?" She gave Yonghwa a hug, and Yonghwa hugged back.

Omma patted his shoulder and went back to cooking. I looked at Yonghwa who took a sigh of relief and smiled at me. I smiled back and took a seat behind the kitchen island.

"Yong, you can sit here," I told him and he took the stool beside me.

"Omma, do you need any help with the cooking?" I asked her and she shook her head.

"Just set up the table child, I have the rest. You're appa should be coming down soon," She replied.

"Okay," I said and went to the dining room and cleared the table. 

Yonghwa soon followed and began putting plates and the utensils on the table.

"How has your appa been lately?" He asked as was setting them up.

I glanced at him and said,
"He's been well. He still works, but the schedule isn't so tight anymore. He actually eats breakfast and dinner with us on the week days and he's off on Sunday, unlike back then."

"That's good," He smiled at me.

I smiled back, and in the corner of my eye, I saw appa. He was crossing his arms across his chest and was standing at the opening entrance way connecting to the kitchen and dining room. My mouth gaped open and ran to him and hugged him. 

"Appa!" I exclaimed and I felt his arms wrap around me. 

"Joo-hyun, I'm glad your safe. Ahh...and I see you brought along someone," He glanced at Yonghwa. 

I nodded, and Yonghwa stepped up and bowed to him.

"Hello sir," Yonghwa greeted him.

Appa had a small smile curve on his lips,
"Yonghwa, it's been..."

"Five years," Yonghwa finished.

"You two are back together?" Appa said it like a question.

"Yes appa, we are," I stood by Yonghwa's side.

"I see, well..." Before appa can finish his sentence, omma entered in the dining room.

"Now! Now! Let's save up for stories and catching up later! Right now, let's eat," Omma brought in the french toast and eggs and set it on the table. 

I laughed and helped her put everything on the table. We sat at the table with appa at the end of the table, omma at the other end, and Yonghwa and I across  from each other. I can tell he was relieved that the atmosphere didn't become heavy once he came in, and I felt the same way. 

"When did you two land here?" Appa asked.

"About 8:00 am," I answered.

"That wasn't too long ago, do you two have a place to stay while you kids are here?" Omma asked.

Yonghwa and I shook our head in sync.

"We'll just stay at a nearby hotel and-" Omma cut him off instantly.

"No! No! This won't do! Ahh! I know- you two can stay in Seohyun's room. I would give Yonghwa the guest room, but it's being used for storage for now," Omma narrowed her eyes at appa, knowing that it was actually his responsibility to take out the boxes of 'junk' ages ago.

Appa cleared his throat and hesitantly added,
"Yes, you two...should stay here for now."

Omma smiled from ear to ear as she heard appa's words and I couldn't help, but chuckle.

"Will you be okay with it Yong?" I asked him.

He grinned,
"Sure, thank you very much."

He looked at omma and appa.
Appa had a straight face on, and simply nodded, while omma excitedly giggled and said,
"Oh Yonghwa! We must catch up with you since you will be staying with us for a while and YOU missy!" She looked at me with teasing eyes, "You have to tell me how did you two got back together." 

I blushed,
"Hahah, alright."

Yonghwa smirked as he took a bite of his french toast. 

I smiled at all the people I love so much. This will be a great vacation!

~~
It's been so long readers/subscribers! I finally got to update! High school takes up a lot of time and also...everything else xD
Are you all doing well? It's been a while since I updated, and I am so sorry for keeping you guys waiting a lot. To be honest, I have lost inspiration lately and I just recently got it back. I even got motivation from my science teacher to keep doing what I love- which is this (and poetry too). Thank you all so much. For sticking with me, for reading and for being patient. I will try my best.

- ajzelda17