Chapter 2: Why is my heart beating so fast?

The Dragon and Cherry Blossoms

Seohyun's POV

Dang it...my vacation time is almost up. I wonder what my next assignment is.

"Joo-Hyun! Dinner!" My umma called me.

"Coming!" I replied.

I sighed, knowing that's the last I am gonna hear from her in awhile. I went downstairs, from my old bedroom to the dinner table. My appa was already sitting at the table and umma set the last of the foods on the table.

I bowed to them and kissed them on the cheeks. We all sat at the table and my mom began the regular prayer.

Dear God, Thank you very much for the food we have recieved. Thank you for giving us good health. Thank you for bringing our Joo-Hyun home safely. We pray for her safety and return after her next assignment. We pray that her guardian angel will always be with her, at good times and bad.
Bless the ones who are alive, bless the ones are not on Earth anymore. Bless the fortunate and the less fortunate. Bless the healthy and the unhealthy.
Amen.

"Amen," I said.

We began to put food on our plates and started to eat.

"So, are you going to have to leave tomorrow morning?" My appa asked.

I took a sip of water and replied,
"Maybe, I'm not sure. Probably tonight."

He nodded and we ate in silence. They are already used to my answers for those kinds of questions. Things will always be maybe, maybe not. Or a 50/50 chance. It will always be this way until I am not an agent.

After the silent dinner, my appa and umma went to the living room and watched TV. I went upstairs to my room and went on my Mac. I connected my wrist watch (it's really a communicator, GPS system and pretty much everything I need in order to get the job done) to the laptop. Multiple windows appeared before me, one listing the messages that have been sent to me from the WSA. A few other windows showed the homepages to the FBI, WSA and CIA databases. Then another one that has a playlist of my favorite songs because I hate being on my laptop without any music. 

I went to my playlist and hit shuffle. "Why did I fall in love with you" by DBSK played.

Hmph, I have so many songs. I haven't heard this one in a while.

Then an alert came, 1 New Message!

I clicked on it and a message from the Japan branch of WSA.

Dear Soo Joo-Hyun,
Hello, this is Chief Ken. I would like to inform you that your next assignment will start in a few days. I am well aware that you are one of the best the company has, so I believe you will accomplish this assignment. Your mission will take place in Seoul, South Korea. A package will be delivered to you momentarily consisting of your plane tickets and the address of the office. Although, the mission takes place in Seoul, yet, we are meeting at Japan is because your partner just finished an assignment that took place here. Your partner's name is Jung Yong Hwa. You will get to know him and meet him tomorrow at my office. Thank you for your cooperation.

-Chief of the WSA Japan Branch Office. Chief Ken.

I froze. My heart beat was going 100 miles per hour.  Are my eyes decieving me? Is this just a bad dream? Jung Yong Hwa...it can't be the Jung Yong Hwa I knew 4 years ago. It just can't be. Maybe it's just another guy with the same name. No...I can't deny it. It's most likely him.

I packed all my stuff afterwards because I have to leave for the plane. I should be confident and have a happy atitude. The past was the past. Making a big deal about him will just waste my time. I should just make sure that this mission will be finished and over with, so I won't have to see him ever again.

"Joo-Hyun! Package for you!" I heard my umma tell me from the stairs. I walked out of my room and stopped at the top of my stairs.

She tossed me the package and I caught it. The package contained tickets. One ticket to Japan and one to Seoul and car keys.

"Umma! Appa! I'm going to have to leave tonight," I hollered as I read the date of the tickets.

~~~

My parents dropped me off at the airport and they saidd their goodbyes. My mom started crying like she always does.

I hugged her and said,
"Umma, this isn't goodbye. It's a 'see you later,' okay?"

She nodded and touched my hair. Then she sighed,
"Aish, Joo-Hyun. I love you."

"Ahahaha, I love you too umma," I replied with a smile.

I walked towards my father with my carry on luggage in one hand.

"Appa, I'll see you later. I love you," I told him.

He held my head and kissed my forehead.

"See you later sweetie. I love you too," he said.

I nodded and took off. I kept turning around to wave goodbye and they would always wave back and start to shoo me away. I had to ride the plane for about 11 hours.

I woke up from the pilot's speaking voice,
"Good morning everyone. It is 10 am and the weather is sunny and clear. Sunshine is all we will see throughout the whole day. Welcome to Japan."

I stretched and fixed myself. I stepped out of the plane and picked up my luggage.

Beep! Beep!

I put down my luggage and checked my 'watch.' A message from Chief Ken was sent to me.

The car is in the parking garage. Floor 2, section B. Black Lexus LFA.
-Chief Ken

I walked to the parking garage and found the car. I started the car and headed straight to the office. I reached there in no time. A guard stopped me before entering the office's underground parking garage, but I showed him an ID and everything. Because of the long airplane ride, I fell asleep. So, I had to brush my hair and fix my make up before going up to the office. After looking at myself in the mirror, I was pleased and went upstairs. I stopped outside of Chief Ken's office and looked through the window. I noticed there was another person in the room.

I guess that's Yonghwa.

The chief saw me and signaled me to come in. I nodded and turned the door knob. I gulped and kept reminding myself: When you see him, don't lose your cool.

---

Seohyun's confidence and charisma started to easily flow once she entered the room. Yonghwa turned around and thought it was another dream.

 Yonghwa blinked a few times, and realized it isn't a dream, “Seohyun?”

She glanced at him and walked towards Chief Ken and shook his hand, “Hey, Chief! Long time, no see,” she said with a grin on her face.

 She then turned to Yonghwa, “And you too, Yonghwa.”

  Yonghwa hesitantly shook her hand and nodded, while trying to smile.

 “You two know each other? How wonderful! Now, the assignment will start on Monday, meet up at the airport and when you guys reach South Korea, I will message you the address to the hotel you two will be staying in. Well, good luck,” The chief smiled and walked out to talk to the secretary. Once he left, Seohyun faced Yonghwa.

 “Hmm…you haven’t really changed within these past 4 years, except, your eyes…” she said with a concerned look, then touched his cheek and continued, “Your eyes seem lonely.”

 She then gave him a gentle smile, turned around and headed for the door.

He looked at the floor and felt the sudden lost of warmth that Seohyun gave him when she touched him; he then turned to her direction, “Wait. How did you become part of the WSA?”

  She stood in front of the door and replied without turning to face him, “After you left me, I found a special program while I was in Seoul University. I left the university for this program without knowing the full purpose; thinking I had nothing to lose. When I found out the purpose of the univertsity I decided to go for it. I trained and soon after become an agent in the WSA. Let’s talk on Monday, okay?”

 Before Yonghwa can say anything else, she went out the door and took the elevator to go to the parking lot.

"She looks beautiful," Yonghwa said in awe after she left.

On Monday

Yonghwa decided to wear his black suit; he regretted this decision. The reason is, because now a bunch of girls in the airport keep looking at him and even some guys.

 I just thought, I didn't want to be next to someone so dressed up while I am dressed in jeans. So, I thought wearing a black suit would be fine (Yonghwa's thoughts)

Pssh...you just wanted to look good for Seohyun. (A second voice in his head)

Damn it! No! No! No I'm not!   (Yonghwa's thoughts)

"C’mon Seohyun, what’s taking you so long? The plane leaves in 15 minutes," he hissed as he tapped his foot impatiently and bit his bottom lip.

 Someone tapped him on the shoulder and he instantly turned around and saw Seohyun about a foot away from his face and he gazed at how beautiful she looked.

“Ahem…Yonghwa, let’s go. We don’t want to miss the flight,” she said.

 She smiled and walked in front of him and gave her ticket to the worker and turned,
“Well…c’mon!”

 Yonghwa nodded and hurriedly gave his ticket and got in the plane. She wore white pumps, skinny jeans and a green loose one-shoulder shirt. Yonghwa felt like an idiot in thinking she was actually going to get all dressed just for riding a plane. He sat next to her and looked at her as she took out her laptop.

  I have been on airplanes a thousand times, but why is my heart beating so fast? It’s as if my heart is going to burst? He thought as kept looking at her. (Yonghwa's thoughts)

"Yah, Yonghwa. Why are you so dressed up?" Seohyun asked.

His eyes was just stuck a staring at her.

 “Hey Yonghwa, I know you haven’t seen me in 4 years, but do you have to keep looking at me as if I am an alien? If you need to say something, just say it, instead of staring at me like that. It looks like you are going to burn a hole through my head,” she said harshly.

 “Sorry, I…I just can’t believe we are seeing each other like this. Well, you haven’t changed either, except, your eyes,” he started to gaze at them, “Your eyes seem lonely too.”

 He then turned and put on his earphones to listen to some music and grabbed a book from his bag and started to read it. Seohyun went back to her laptop, but looked at him again and her heart started to beat fast as she touched the ring around her neck being held by a necklace under her shirt.

Ugh! Don't take my lines! It's true though; my eyes look lonely because they are. I still kept the ring you gave me when we started dating. I have been wearing it around my neck ever since we broke up. No matter how hard I try, I can't forget you.

"You didn't answer my question," Seohyun said while trying to settle in her seat comfortably.

"Oh! Sorry, umm...the reason why I dressed up? Is, uh...it's just because I wanted to," he replied with an unsure tone.

She sighed, closed her laptop and went to sleep. Yonghwa glanced at her after finishing a chapter of his book. He smiled, put his book on the table and wrapped her in a blanket he got from his bag.

 “It’s been four years, but why do I still feel this way? Feels like I am going to have heart attack,” he whispered as he continued to fix her hair. He sighed and went back to reading his book.

 Two hours later, they reached Seoul and they reached their hotel and noticed that both of them had the same key for the same room.

“Excuse me Miss, but why do we have the same key?” Yonghwa asked nervously.

“Sir, you and your fiancée are sharing the same room,” she replied with a confused face.

 “What!?” They both shouted with flabbergasted faces.

 

Oh! It's Christmas Eve! Merry (almost) Christmas! LOL
Thank you guys very much. Hope you all have a wonderful Christmas Eve/Christmas :D