Chapter 10: The Truth

The Dragon and Cherry Blossoms

Someone shot a bullet. It wasn't the masked man, nor any of the guys or Seohyun and Yonghwa. But one of the men fell to the ground. The masked man turned around to find a dead man on the floor. Everyone looks around, but he takes the chance to shoot Seohyun, but Yonghwa takes out his gun and shoot him in the chest. The masked man falls over. Then, rounds of bullets began to be shot. Yonghwa and Seohyun fought, but didn't notice the man who was helping.

As the last man fell down to the ground. Seohyun finally turned to see the man sighing in relief and dusting off his pants.

She walks toward him and smiles,
"Thanks for answering the call!"

He looks up and smiles,
"No problem. And- wait! Seohyun-ssi?"

"Huh?" She said.

For a second, she was a bit confused, but widened her eyes in amazement.

"Omo! Kyuhyun-ssi? You answered my emergency call?" She asked.

"Ahaha, yeah I did! I was the nearest agent to be avaliable. I was actually at a cafe around the corner and was catching up with a friend," He said.

"Oh no! Sorry I interrupted you two!" Seohyun apologized.

Kyuhyun chuckled,
"Don't say sorry! You and your friend here were almost killed! Besides, it's all part of the job."

Seohyun bowed and started laughing.

"Ahem..." Yonghwa sounded.

He was standing there, watching the two. Jealousy began to rise inside, but he held it in as he walked towards Kyuhyun. He bows and takes his hand out.

"Thanks for helping us," Yonghwa said nonchalantly.

Kyuhyun smiles and shakes his hand. Yonghwa then moves to Seohyun's side and doesn't say much else.

"So, I guess you better get back to your friend," Seohyun told Kyuhyun.

Kyuhyun shrugged his shoulders and replied,
"Well, I can always talk to him some other day. I told him I had to leave right away and he probably left soon after I did."

Seohyun nods and turns to Yonghwa,
"We better notify the branch about this."

Yonghwa nods and contacts the office. Seohyun turns around to see the masked man, but he wasn't there anymore.

"Kyuhyun-ssi, Yonghwa?" Seohyun calls them.

"Yeah?" They both answer in unison.

"Where is the man?" She asked.

The 3 agents searched the whole room, but there was no sight of him. No blood could be seen at the spot of where he fell.

"He was probably prepared for this," Kyuhyun said as he crouched down and began to examine the floor.

"Well, I contacted the office and they will examine the other guys, for now we just have to stay calm. The masked man hasn't seen our faces, except probably Kyuhyun's," Yonghwa said.

"But, he knew who I was. He called me Seohyun," she said.

Yonghwa sighed,
"Well,  probably it's Bryant."

Seohyun nodded, but scratched her head in frustration.

Kyuhyun put his hand on Seohyun's shoulder which caught Yonghwa's attention. He shot his head up and looked at them.

What the hell?

"Who's Bryant?" Kyuhyun asked.

"He's our target," Seohyun replied.

"I see," Kyuhyun said and his hand fell to his side.

"Well, we better get going. Thanks again Kyuhyun-ssi. See you around?" Seohyun said.

It's nice to see an old friend. I miss Kyuhyun-ssi.

He smiled and hugged her. Seohyun responded by hugging him back and with that, Yonghwa wanted to punch this guy.

What the-!? What is this guy to Seohyun!?

They let go and as they all left the room, Kyuhyun bowed and said goodbye to Seohyun and Yonghwa.

Yonghwa just bowed back and took Seohyun's hand and headed to the car. The car ride was silent and Seohyun was curious about the change of in Yonghwa's attitude.

"Is something wrong?" She broke the silence.

"No," Yonghwa replied a little too quickly.

"Just tell me," she said.

"Who was that guy?" Yonghwa asked.

Seohyun laughed and Yonghwa quickly turned his head.

"What?" He responded.

"Yonghwa-ssi! Kyuhyun-ssi is a friend from our old trainee/university days and he was also my partner in my first mission," Seohyun replied.

Yonghwa sighed and stayed silent.

I am still skeptical about that guy.

Seohyun smiled and placed her hand on his that was on the stick shift. Although, Yonghwa kept a poker face on, he still couldn't help, but feel butterflies in his stomach.


Seohyun's POV

When we reached the condo, something about the atomsphere was really different. It didn't feel awkward or heavy. I felt as if, a weight has been lifted for me and I could be here comfortably now.

"Hey Seohyun," Yonghwa called me over.

I turned around and found him leaning against the door frame of his bedroom.

"Yeah," I replied.

"Why did you do that earlier?" He asked me.

I felt my cheeks blush. I hugged him earlier just because I felt like it. Am I giving him a second chance?

I didn't respond because I didn't know what to say.

"Can we talk? Or are you too tired?" He asked me.

"Okay, we can. Let me just change," I said.

He nodded and went inside his bedroom. I changed into my everyday shorts and loose t-shirt and headed to his room. He was facing the window and as he did, he began playing his guitar. I slowly closed the door and watched him quietly. He then began singing:

~The day when I first saw you
Your bright smile full of shyness
we’ll get closer after today
Every day, I have heart-fluttering expectations

What to say to you
How to get you to laugh
I fear it’ll get awkward when I try to hold your hand
All I can do is smile shyly

Hopefully we can speak banmal to each other
Even though it’s still awkward and unfamiliar
Instead of saying ‘thank you’
Talk to me in a friendlier way~

(Banmal Song- Jung Yong Hwa)

He then stopped and slowly turned and looked at me. He smiled and strummed a few more notes before asking me.

"Do you wanna take a seat?"

I nodded and sat at the end of the bed.

"How come you are singing this song?" I asked.

I haven't heard him sing that song in such a long time. I remember him singing that song when we first dated. He made it just for me and for that, that song is very special to me.

He set his guitar to the side and had it placed in a guitar stand and turned around.

"I just felt like singing it, I miss singing that song. I was surprised that I actually remembered it," he told me.

I had nothing to say or do, but smile.

He came closer to me and tilted his head a bit. Then asked,
"So, are you okay?"

I shrugged my shoulders,
"I don't really know anymore."

"You know, but you just don't feel like saying it outloud. Tell me, what's wrong. Just tell me the truth and I am willing to accept it. I don't what you to hide your feelings. Just-" He was talking, but I cut him off.

I leaned forward and kissed him on the lips. Not to just have him stop talking, but I hope that gave him a hint of how I feel right now. 

When I moved away, I could see the surprise in his face. I smiled and just sat there. After a moment of silence, he spoke.

"Hyun, I am taking that gesture as a sign you still love me."

"Duh," I said.

I started giggling. I know I am risking everything here, but I don't think I can live any longer like this. I should accept him, because if I don't; I might regret it later.

I turned away and now my back was facing him. As I faced this way, I examined his room. It's very simple and not much to it, but there are a few notebooks sittiing on top of his chair and a blue box sat on his dresser. This box looked familiar though, but I can't remember where or when I saw it.

Then, I felt arms wrap behind my waist and felt his presence. I touched his hands and his chin rested on my shoulder. I then faced him and he kept holding my hand.

"Seohyun, we both know we are taking risks if we accept each other now, but I want you to know that I love you. I love you so much. The years without you were cold and lonely. Although I was busy with work, it couldn't fill me with anything. I had no motivation in life and so I wasn't afraid of death because I had no reason to live anymore, but I didn't die. I only had wounds, but they could be healed. The only wound that couldn't be healed was the stab in my heart that I recieved after having to leave you. Hyun, I need you to know that I will be with you forever and nothing will seperate us, not even death because we will always find a way to be able to hold onto each other again. I promise to not leave you like I did years ago. I promise that everyday I live, is another day of my love increasing for you. So please, don't be afraid to take risks, don't be afraid about what will happen tomorrow and most of all: don't be afraid to love me."

As I sat there, I saw tears well up in his eyes and I felt mines fall. The man sitting in front of me, is confessing to me and is asking me to not be afraid. I will still be afraid, but knowing that he will always be by my side; I know that fear shouldn't overcome me anymore.

"Yong, these past couple of years have been torture for me as it is the same for you. I felt the same pain and felt no motivation either. I thought, that acting as if nothing has ever happened in the past and trying to forget about you would be the only solution, but now I know that the only solution to stop the pain would to have you again. I am sorry for being so cold and not accepting you. If I don't accept you now, I will regret it for the rest of my life and the rest of my life will then stay the same as it has for the past 4-5 years. Yonghwa, I love you. I trust you and even though I fear about losing you tomorrow, I will love you even more everyday knowing I can still be with you for another day or night," I replied.

We then kissed. A passionate kiss that seems unexplainable in words. It is love. The love we felt years ago has now flourished because we have gone through a period of our lives without each other. We feel stronger, we feel as if nothing will get in the way. Even though, in the back of our minds, we know that there will be obstacles, we plan to overcome them together.

I found myself laying on the bed and Yonghwa hovering on top of me. After that long kiss, which turned out to be a make-out session; we are now out of breath. Realizing our position, Yonghwa smiled at me.

He kissed me on the head, leaned in and whispered in my ear,
"Not tonight, right? Or...anytime soon?" 

He then laid down next to me and caressed my cheek.

"Hmm...maybe not tonight, but that doesn't mean it will not happen anytime soon," I winked.

I saw him smirk and I giggled.

"Can you at least sleep here tonight?" He asked.

I hesitated, but I nodded. He turned off his bedside lamp, then he put the blanket over our bodies. He wrapped his arms around my body and held me close.

"Won't you feel uncomfortable in this position?" I turned my head to see his face.

"Pssh...no! You are in my arms for the first time in 5 years, I absolutely don't feel uncomfortable," He retorted.

"Aha, good night Yong," I told him.

"I missed you calling me that," He sighed.

I smiled and I felt his lips kiss me on the cheek.

"Good night," he said huskily.

Will we sleep like this every night? <3

~~~

TA-DA! Ahaha! You like? :D